Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 01:37 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,443,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We agree OG. The media outed Nixon. Now the media will cover for Obama.

If this was Bush, the media would be all over it but they don't want Obama to be a failure.
Um the media did not out Nixon. An FBI agent did it. Back in those days, I guess the FBI still had pride.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,786,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Benghazi has just begun. It is Obama that is over.
I know! I'm sure not going to vote for him again. I can't wait for the next Prez, Hillary. She will......

Old 05-07-2013, 01:45 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,821,223 times
I read the first link and it does not support your assertion. The team that was reportedly told to stand down in that link would have arrived after the 4 Americans were killed. Doherty who was not told to stand down, had already arrived in Benghazi from Tripoli earlier in the evening.

1,978 posts, read 1,544,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
He didn't "lie" for two weeks. There was supposition in the days immediately following, and if people are honest, they would take it for what it was - supposition.
Even Ms Rice's statements were bracketed by "what we know at present" and were in no way definitive.
Of course, I am not a binary thinker so, I understand that "what we know at present" indicates a certain fluidity and is not an absolute statement of fact.

As we've seen over and over and over again in the recent past, every time something tragic occurs, for whatever reason, people seem to believe that the whys and wherefores have to be immediately evident when of course they are not.
Unfortunately this need to know, no, this claimed "right" to know produces the sort of idiocy we've seen after this event, after Boston, after Newton and so on. If the "truth" is not evident within the first 24 hours than what comes after simply cannot be the truth in some people's tiny brains.

The president labeled the events a terror attack the day after the tragedy. That is what it was.
If that is a lie in your mind, then so be it. I think that says more about you than it does about the truth of the situation.

UPDATED: What Everyone Should Know About The Benghazi Attack | ThinkProgress
I won't call you a brainwashed fool, but, the truth is you resemble one. Obama knew full well that a stupid video had nothing to do with Benghazi when he went to the UN and made that foolish unamerican speech.

5,147 posts, read 7,443,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There was about 8 years of history missing in your post, I guess all went well from 2000-2008.
It isn't "missing". The White House was ruled by Republicans. THEY had another Watergate. But Watergate is not what the Democrats had.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A small team of Special Forces operatives was ready to fly from Tripoli to Benghazi last year after Libyan insurgents attacked the U.S. mission there, but was told it was not authorized to board the flight by regional military commanders, according to a career State Department official scheduled to testify before Congress on Wednesday.

Official: US Special Forces team wasn't allowed to fly to Benghazi during attack - Open Channel

But we are getting off subject. Obama and Clinton wanted us to believe the attacks were because of a video.
That team would have arrived after the attacks that killed the Americans.

The initial intelligence reports were that the attacks were related to the video and certainly matched what had occurred elsewhere.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:55 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,056,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I know! I'm sure not going to vote for him again. I can't wait for the next Prez, Hillary. She will......
Go ahead, and write her name in.

I will tell you one thing, however. As incompetent as she hs demonstrated, repeatedly herself to be, at least wshe isn't out to destroy large segments of the USA. Her husband almost appears to be noble comparted to the bucket of pureed fecal waste we have now (Obama).

Old 05-07-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
To serve Obama's political purposes to claim, at the height of a political campaign in which he was taking credit for the fall of al Qaeda, that the death of a U.S. ambassador was down to spontaneous outrage over a video, rather than pre-planned terrorism.

Why did State want the talking points changed? Because it had ignored warnings about rising terrorist activity in Libya and had reduced security rather than beefing it up, as our embassy requested.

The left can defend Obama all they want. Just take a moment to remember how during the campaign you thought Obama was great because Al-Quaeda was on the run. How many times did he use this in his speeches.

Don't worry, Obama will not come close to being impeached. The Democratic party and the liberal media has to save his ass as well as theirs. This thread already shows they are doing a good job, they have an audience that believes and hangs on everything the dems or Obama says.
Read version 1 of the talking points from the CIA, prior to any revisions requested by the State department. It talks about a spontaneous attacks.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,155,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Read version 1 of the talking points from the CIA, prior to any revisions requested by the State department. It talks about a spontaneous attacks.
Here's what I've read about "version 1":

The Benghazi talking points: What’s known and unknown - The Washington Post
The version as of Friday morning, Sept. 14, 2012, was rather detailed, saying that “Islamic extremists with ties to al-Qaeda participated in the attack” and mentioning the militant group Ansar al-Sharia. It also referred to previous attacks against foreign interests and the possibility there had been surveillance of the U.S. facility.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,786,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I won't call you a brainwashed fool, but, the truth is you resemble one. Obama knew full well that a stupid video had nothing to do with Benghazi when he went to the UN and made that foolish unamerican speech.
Of course you can point out where he blamed the Benghazi attack on a video, right?

President Obama?s 2012 address to U.N. General Assembly (Full text) - Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.