Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 08:31 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
They completed the evacuation within 12 hours. My understanding they didn't have enough transport capability to remove everyone at once, so they had to leave in two groups. Clearly they made the decision to leave well before they finished the evacuation.
Yup, they did not even have a proper contingency plan for an evacuation.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
O.K. I see where the Washington Post has gave Obama Four Pinocchios concerning his recent statements on what he claimed about Benghazi has been covered but I see it's been pretty well ignored from his defenders.

Obama’s claim he called Benghazi an ‘act of terrorism’ - The Washington Post

It should be noted that there is only one reason why you continue and continue to lie about something so easy to check. You have something to hide.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:44 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Oh well, we'll just chalk this up to whoops, just like they're doing with the IRS persecution of anyone with Tea Party in their name. Remember, Obama today said "IF anyone at the IRS is guilty of wrong doing" even though they've already admitted and apologized for doing it. IF, IF????
Next you'll hear "well it depends on the definition of "if".
Can Obama at least return to our world instead of the alternate version of the one he's on?
Yea I caught the "If". He's buying time hoping his scamming party can spin it.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:45 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That is probably exactly what our State Department and Executive branch did. Every twenty minutes, for eight hours, they told themselves, "It's a good thing we didn't bother, because we couldn't have respond in time."

4:30 PM "We can't get help there in 20 min, so lets not do anything"
4:50 PM "It's a good thing we didn't bother, because we couldn't have respond in time anyway."
5:10 PM "It's a good thing we didn't bother, because we couldn't have respond in time anyway."
5:30 PM "It's a good thing we didn't bother, because we couldn't have respond in time anyway."
5:50 PM "It's a good thing we didn't bother, because we couldn't have respond in time anyway."
6:10 PM "It's a good thing we didn't bother, because we couldn't have respond in time anyway."
6:30 PM "It's a good thing we didn't bother, because we couldn't have respond in time anyway."
6:50 PM "It's a good thing we didn't bother, because we couldn't have respond in time anyway."

Five hours later.... "It's a good thing we didn't bother, because we couldn't have respond in time anyway. I'm sure glad we had this plan to not do anything, but what the hell, those civilians knew what they were getting into"
Here is the sequence of comments.

Me: There were no viable rescue scenarios for those that died. The survivors were not abandoned.

JIMJ: Not according to the 700 spec ops people that signed a letter to the President. Not according to a few SEALS that have talked to news reporters and NOT according to several Generals (who since retired don't have to worry about being fired or demoted or more likely blamed).
Try again with that line, it's been used and abused before then shot down in flames.

Me: Who could have saved Stevens and Smith? Who could have responded within 20 minutes from the start of the attack?

Could the "700 spec ops", "few SEALS" or "several Generals" responded within 20 minutes. If not, then they could not have rescued Stevens and Smith.

So spin and snark away, but I will note that you didn't point to a response that would have saved Stevens and Smith.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Who is they?

Old 05-14-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
There are some of us who are not Obama-hater psychopaths, but who DO care about this country, and want to know the truth. All people don't fit into your "die hard Obama-hater" category.

The truth is always going to be found.

And did you know those light bulbs (not hyphenated btw) are filled with mercury? Oh, dear me. That's a toxic poison, isn't it.

best,
toodie
Obama has spewed hatred toward others long long before he became president. Did you ever see the videos?

After becoming president he spewed hatred toward those of us who don't look to the government to take care of us. So are we supposed to love the man who demonized those of us who work hard and don't look at government as our savior? His policy of split, demonize does not work. His apologizing for America is also sickening.

You accuse people of hating when in fact your president split this country more than I have seen in my lifetime.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Where was all the Republican outrage when the attacks and deaths occurred at embassies during Bush's presidency?

"Like in 2002 when the US Consulate in the Karachi, Pakistan, was attacked and 10 were killed?

Or in 2004 when the US embassy in Uzbekistan was attacked and two were killed and another nine injured?

How about in 2004, when the US Consulate in Saudi Arabia was stormed and 8 lost their lives?

In 2006, armed men attacked the US Embassy in Syria and one was murdered.

In 2008, the US Embassy in Serbia was set on fire.

In 2008, bombings in the US Embassy in Yemen killed 10."

All occurred before the Obama administration.

Many embassies attacked during the Bush years
This is a pathetic, and over used Boooosh deflection that is getting old. There was plenty of anger over these truck bomb attacks, suicide bomber attacks, and drive-by shootings. Those attacks happened in the blink of an eye, or lasted 5 minutes, they were not eight hour long assaults. You are comparing apples to oranges. Besides, in most every case, the attackers were caught or killed, the only person Obama caught after the Benghazi attack was the movie director.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Who is they?
Your ignorance and/or political partisanship is apparent, I'm done with you.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Scandal after scandal, Obama always claims to not know anything about it until its reported. From Fast/Furious to Benghazi to IRS to DOJ wire tapping......"Uh I just found out last Friday when I saw it in the news. My Admin doesnt discuss much with me..."

Perhaps he knows, or perhaps his henchmen know better to just do the dirty work for him, and not give him updates on it. Either way, this Administration is corrupt to the core. We have Chicago style politics in DC.

And how much of a shame is it that whistle blowers are no longer protected anymore. I believe they used to be, but not they literally risk everything. Our government corruption has blown up a thousands times and its getting worse and worse because its harder to take the government on. Those who may want to expose and show the truth have to weigh if its worth the risk for them personally.
Obama wants to change America and does Obama's followers think he can fundamentally change America on his own? Even Obama admits he needs help. July 13:

"Look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.

Obama's henchmen keep him away and do the dirty work. That way if caught Obama can always claim "he does not know".

Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812
Quote:
Who is they?
wow, first defend, then play stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies