U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2013, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,339 posts, read 11,558,074 times
Reputation: 4320

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Your guy is in charge now, and he said he would fix it.

Five years of failure.
Fix what. There are more people turning 65 there there are entering the work force, that means a net drop in the work force regardless of a good or bad economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2013, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,399 posts, read 8,388,277 times
Reputation: 6995
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Doesn't look like failure to me:

  • Unemployment down from 10% to 7.6%!
  • Stock Market up from 6,500 to 14,700!
  • Osama Bin Laden .... DEAD!
  • Iraqi War .... ENDED!
  • Housing Prices ... RISING!
Bush CREATED the problems ... and Obama is FIXING them !!!

Five years of great success !!!
Real unemployment is 14%, and much higher for blacks.
Stock market is a house of cards propped up by trillions printed out of thin air.
OBL dead because O used assets put in place by W - and intel gathered from "interrogations".
Iraq War ended by Bush's 2007 surge and agreement negotiated before O took office.
Housing prices - repeating the fiasco that brought us the 2008 crisis.

$6 Trillion in new deficit spending with debt reaching 105% of GDP in five years is not success, it is a disaster.

Please continue deluding yourself with that government education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,399 posts, read 8,388,277 times
Reputation: 6995
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Fix what. There are more people turning 65 there there are entering the work force, that means a net drop in the work force regardless of a good or bad economy.
Not enough jobs are being created for the new workers entering the labor market.

The economy is in the worst recovery ever.

But go ahead, blame grandma & grandpa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 07:17 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,319 posts, read 7,865,551 times
Reputation: 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Real unemployment is 14%, and much higher for blacks.
Stock market is a house of cards propped up by trillions printed out of thin air.
OBL dead because O used assets put in place by W - and intel gathered from "interrogations".
Iraq War ended by Bush's 2007 surge and agreement negotiated before O took office.
Housing prices - repeating the fiasco that brought us the 2008 crisis.

$6 Trillion in new deficit spending with debt reaching 105% of GDP in five years is not success, it is a disaster.

Please continue deluding yourself with that government education.
If you want to change the criteria used in the unemployment calculation ... then "real unemployment" was 10% or more during Bush years, and still higher for blacks then as well. So your point is moot.

The stock market is higher because people have faith in American companies once again, thanks to Obama's handling of the economy!

OBL is dead because Obama made it his number one priority as President. Bush had EIGHT YEARS to kill him, and failed miserably!

Iraq War ended because as President, Obama made it happen. Bush could have ended the war during his term ... but he didn't. It is as simple as that!

Housing prices are rising again because the economy is improving and more people are returning to work ... hence the drop to 7.6% unemployment.

Our debt is 16 trillion because Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion, and left a 1 trillion annual budget deficit for Obama. Bush also left Obama with a country on the brink of an economic collapse, which required huge amounts be spent to bail out failing companies.

Bush was a DISASTER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 07:21 AM
 
21,578 posts, read 11,631,561 times
Reputation: 12319
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Almost as many people (47 percent) approve of how Bush handled his eight years in office as disapprove (50 percent), according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll. Thatís the highest approval rating for Bush since December 2005.


George W. Bush


Look for Bush's popularity to continue to increase and for him to take an active roll in campaigning for Republicans.

You heard it here first.
I voted for Obama twice, and I'll admit he hasn't really accomplished much (except finally getting Bin Laden) but GW Bush was a criminal and I think we all know that. The Iraq War was a personal vendetta based on totally false information. That alone separates the two. If Obama does nothing except bowl and give a speech once a month and accomplishes nothing else, he's still a better president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 08:07 AM
 
Location: NC USA
3,384 posts, read 4,093,676 times
Reputation: 1794
I read the liberal responses here and it is amazing that the MSM propaganda machine fools this many people. B
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 08:27 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,319 posts, read 7,865,551 times
Reputation: 3376
Stock market on the rise again today!

Quote:
Dow Jones 14,771.54 +58.99 (0.40%)
Nasdaq 3,305.23 +25.97 (0.79%)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...march/2120635/

Quote:
Pending home sales at a 3-year high
WASHINGTON (AP) — The number of signed contracts to buy homes rose in March to the highest level in three years.The National Association of Realtors says its seasonally adjusted index for pending home sales rose 1.5% to 105.7. That's the highest since April 2010, when a homebuyer's tax credit boosted sales. It's also above February's reading of 104.1

THIS
is what Obama's handling of the economy has accomplished!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,482 posts, read 20,126,631 times
Reputation: 8392
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Stock market on the rise again today!

Pending home sales at a 3-year high


THIS is what Obama's handling of the economy has accomplished!


Actually, this is what Obama's handling of the economy has accomplished...


After Four Years of Failure, W is as popular as Obama.-usd-1787-log.png


...a worthless currency that drives down wages (or increase prices) and destroys consumer demand.


Of course I blame Nixon more than any one else because he took us off the gold standard.

Reagan restored the dollar but the temptation to print worthless paper money proved too tempting for those who followed.

Last edited by momonkey; 04-29-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 01:19 PM
 
Location: NC USA
3,384 posts, read 4,093,676 times
Reputation: 1794
For the people that think that Obama "got" Din Laden, think again. If you read a little about this you would find that Obama was against enhanced interrogation, Guantanamo Bay, black sites and rendition. Of course the left ripped up Seal Team Six before they got OBL, calling them the "executive assassination team".

Bottom line is thatif Obama had been in charge from day 1, we would have never gotten OBL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Texas
35,294 posts, read 19,322,938 times
Reputation: 20918
Smile cherry pickers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep, that 4-5% unemployment and was terrible. Things are so much better now with our new devaluated currency, an unending and pointless war in Afghanistan and more people going on SS disability than finding jobs.

you and dubya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top