Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 03:38 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,660,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You can tell the same lie over and over and people will begin to believe it, but when every day reality contradicts these lies, people eventually begin to get back in touch with reality.
Where'd you pull that from? Some fortune cookie? Even in this ONE poll he is consideribly more unpopular then popular. I see that whole Bush disaster still has you in denial though. Enjoy "reality."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Bush and Obama are one in the same.

That certainly explains the Bushbots' hatred of Obama.

Quote:
People sound so naive thinking otherwise.

Says the guy who made the above statement.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:57 PM

57,064 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Voters have a short memory, how else do you explain why we reelect the same people over and over. Maybe history has been re-written since 2008.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:02 PM

8,860 posts, read 5,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I suspect a lot of Bush popularity stems from the rosy feelings of his being gone.
I'm sure we'd have felt the glow earlier if this was the only reason.

Hope and change ..... guess the thrill is gone.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:05 PM

8,860 posts, read 5,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
W will be on the campaign trail when goats fly.

In other words, he'll be toxic til the day he hits the casket.
I appreciate W staying out of the state of Connecticut.

Now if we could just get BO to do the same .....

Old 04-24-2013, 04:06 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,642,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Almost as many people (47 percent) approve of how Bush handled his eight years in office as disapprove (50 percent), according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll. That’s the highest approval rating for Bush since December 2005.

George W. Bush

Look for Bush's popularity to continue to increase and for him to take an active roll in campaigning for Republicans.

You heard it here first.
I love W. I never stopped loving W. I would vote for him again. In a heartbeat.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:19 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Let us know when Obama reaches W's low of 25%

That is never going to happen. The right will never be able to match the army of demagogues, shills, and screamers that the left can deploy. Left-friendly pundit Mark Halperin aptly characterized it as the "left wing freak show."
Halperin: "Left-Wing Freak Show" Trying To Delegitimize Marco Rubio | RealClearPolitics

The right, for example, does not have the capacity to concoct and spread a meme wherein the president is blamed for a storm, and actually make it stick. We don't have the capacity to blame an ex-VP candidate for a shooting by a mentally-ill man in a state thousands of miles away, and actually persuade millions that there might be something to it. We just don't.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
This is a timely thread. Did anyone happen to see this piece by a liberal luminary?
Go Ahead, Admit It: George W. Bush Is a Good Man

I've always thought that eventually accede to a rehabbing of their portrayal of W Bush. Historians will be kind to W, if only because so many of the assaults on him were idiotic, like the 'lies about WMD' meme.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
if that were the problem, we'd see labor shortages and wages rising as employers bid for the people who are in the labor market.

But we aren't seeing that.

its a demand problem, not a supply problem. The demand problem is due to the continued after effects of the financial crisis.

More people have gone on disability than have found jobs.

The food stamp president has record levels of people pimping the system.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM

29,460 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Unfortunately we have 4 years for him to get there and he sure is trying. Though I'm sure Bush approval rating would have gone up if he was giving away food stamps like Obama has been doing.
Food stamps is not a person by person selection. You either meet the requirements or you dont. So how is Obama giving anyone anything ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies