U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 03:31 PM

3,574 posts, read 4,160,191 times

Advertisements

Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes

Does anybody know of another study which proves the opposite? I'd like to know if there are counterpoints to this study.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 03:34 PM

24,639 posts, read 9,567,167 times
Oh my...left vs right round #646788654.

DING!

Old 04-24-2013, 03:34 PM

9,995 posts, read 11,639,042 times
This would match the patterns I have seen in my family. The dumb ones became the loudest and most militant right wingers. The smarter ones, not so much.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:36 PM

3,574 posts, read 4,160,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Oh my...left vs right round #646788654.

DING!
Hey, at least I'm actively soliciting opposing studies which prove the opposite. I'm interested in seeing them.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 PM

35,053 posts, read 19,164,936 times
Default STUDY: low intelligence/cognitive ability predicts future prejudice and conservative ideology

So, another scientific study, probably costing lots, that confirms the obvious.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 PM

1,967 posts, read 1,576,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
This would match the patterns I have seen in my family. The dumb ones became the loudest and most militant right wingers. The smarter ones, not so much.
Same with my family.

Statistics show dumber people tend to be conservatives, but those very conservatives, ironically, won't let irrefutable fact get in the way of them arguing otherwise.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:57 PM

252 posts, read 224,246 times
There are a lot of research that favor libs because libs are the scientists, kinda. SOOOOO much to consider when that type of question comes up. An observation of mine though. I am lib leaning, but I do not really identify, but cons respect authority and tradition. They tend to be more confident, and their value base says to work hard. Libs tend toward creativity. I don't want to explain too much here but consider how cons view business and efficiency and how libs view education and sharing. For the world to work best, I think we need both.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:13 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,821,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Where did the "militant right wingers" come from. This is the second time I have seen this phrase in a post. Talk about dumb. That is the dumbest statement I have ever seen on City-Data. Right wingers are traditionally law-abiding citizens. You know, the silent majority.

One can make all the claims about intelligence and thinking in a liberal way they want to; but it doesn't make it so. There are intelligent and less intelligent people who are both liberal and conservative.

There could be a correlation between years of education and liberal thinking because most colleges brain-wash their students. It took me years of being out of the educational system to see the world as it really is instead of being like my teachers and professors said it was.

I have heard that loud people are less intelligent than quiet people. When you are intelligent, it is not necessary to scream the loudest. There are other ways to get the point across.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies