Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 07:19 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times

Advertisements

football as we KNOW it now, will die (maybe not in 10 years, but it will die)

It will be replaced by robots/cyborgs, and be much more "violent" since no one is really going to get hurt.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:19 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Those are all spectator sports.
Lmao...and you in your infinate wisdom came to THAT conclussion on what basis?I've yet to watch a fish reel itself in,a horse saddle and ride itself or a 50 chevy truck chop its own top and drive away...I thought you were in law school..you need to kick your teachers ass really good if that's all they've taught you so far.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Lmao...and you in your infinate wisdom came to THAT conclussion on what basis?I've yet to watch a fish reel itself in,a horse saddle and ride itself or a 50 chevy truck chop its own top and drive away...I thought you were in law school..you need to kick your teachers ass really good if that's all they've taught you so far.
I have never claimed to be currently in law school.

I have never seen a baseball throw itself towards a batter, a football rise off the ground and hurtle towards a receiver, or a basketball put itself in a hoop - so what is your point?

ESPN and other cable channels often broadcast fishing competitions.

Fishing is a competitive sport - and people do watch the people who compete in the events.

People watch equestrian events(show jumping, dressage, ect...) at other times besides the Olympic Games, and horse racing is technically "horseback riding".

What is the NHRA if not "hot rodding"?

Even poker has become a spectator sport.

Seems like you need to become more educated about the wide world of sports.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I have never claimed to be currently in law school.

ESPN and other cable channels often broadcast fishing competitions.

Fishing is a competitive sport - and people do watch the people who compete in the events.

People watch equestrian events(show jumping, dressage, ect...) at other times besides the Olympic Games, and horse racing is technically "horseback riding".

What is the NHRA if not "hot rodding"?

Even poker has become a spectator sport.

Seems like you need to become more educated about the wide world of sports.
The wide world of diffrence between you and I is I do it and you watch it....I have never watched a fishing tourney from the sidelines,have watched a few rodeos from the fence and the NHRA is strictly a big money game so I run boats and also do not compete as a spectator in THAT sport either...so your point is moot and the only one still showing is the one on top of your dome...btw..unlike most on here,I like to know who I'm having a battle of wits with and so I read your profile...when I saw you had Ronnie Raygun as your hero I realized I was battling an unarmed person and the game is no longer fun

Old 04-24-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
The wide world of diffrence between you and I is I do it and you watch it....I have never watched a fishing tourney from the sidelines,have watched a few rodeos from the fence and the NHRA is strictly a big money game so I run boats and also do not compete as a spectator in THAT sport either...so your point is moot and the only one still showing is the one on top of your dome
I am a competitive runner - so i most certainly do "do it".

You are the one who claimed that fishing, equestrian events, and NHRA weren't spectator sports, and i proved you wrong.

Deal with it.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:47 PM

808 posts, read 1,878,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
If the public high schools pull the plug on football, the general draining could happen pretty fast. Within just 4 years, colleges would have a tough time finding players, and within 8 years, the NFL would too.
Couldn't schools and teams simply make participants sign waivers not to sue. I had to sign something like that when I went skydiving.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I am a competitive runner - so i most certainly do "do it".

You are the one who claimed that fishing, equestrian events, and NHRA weren't spectator sports, and i proved you wrong.

Deal with it.
As usual you are full of crap...you took a statement out of context and "ran" with it and proved nothing because there was nothing TO prove...did you inheirit Ronnie's dementia vicariously or what?...with your brains and your obvious mouth problem,I would bet you have to do a lot of running out of neccessity as well as for sport...carry on spandex boy.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
As usual you are full of crap...you took a statement out of context and "ran" with it and proved nothing because there was nothing TO prove...
Explain to me how this was taken out of context?
Quote:
Which you said in response to this:

Quote:
Those are all spectator sports.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
carry on spandex boy.
Actually, my running shorts are rather baggy and 100% polyester.

My shirts are made of cotton.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
As usual you are full of crap...you took a statement out of context and "ran" with it and proved nothing because there was nothing TO prove...did you inheirit Ronnie's dementia vicariously or what?...with your brains and your obvious mouth problem,I would bet you have to do a lot of running out of neccessity as well as for sport...carry on spandex boy.

As usual lefties have only name calling. And don't have what it takes to run distance nor to compete. What else is new. Carry on, liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies