Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 02:26 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,542,578 times

Advertisements

All these people talking about Bush rewriting history seem to have no problem with the current guy hiding Benghazi, run running and merandizing a terrorist before we can get valuable info.......Obama rewrites history as he goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 02:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They have to rewrite it because they are embarrassed by the truth, and by the fact they were duped into supporting even the most serious mistakes.
Who is they??

Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
All these people talking about Bush rewriting history seem to have no problem with the current guy hiding Benghazi, run running and merandizing a terrorist before we can get valuable info.......Obama rewrites history as he goes.
Obama isn't rewriting history,....he'll find some way to blame Bush for Begghazi and the bombing of the Marathon.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:06 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Not going to comment on this thread other than..."How many copies of MY Pet Goat are in the library?" Oh, and this...
I am not going to comment on this thread either, other than wondering out loud how popular the massage parlor portion of William the Impeached library is?

Old 04-27-2013, 03:08 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

President Johnston started this and its not a library that you use to go as a kid, it a collection of millions of presidential records from the Administration of President George W. Bush into its legal custody.

It also has museum which is a repository for presidential gifts as well as other donated artifacts relating to the life and career of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush. The permanent exhibition explores critical events and issues of the Bush Administration.

That is why it called 'George W Bush Presidential Library & Museum'
I take it you didnt watch the dedication the premise of this thread or you would have seen the name on the building.

I am democrat but I have respect for history.
"President Johnston started this"

I don't now what you mean "started this"

There are Presidential Libraries for Washington, Adamas, Lincoln, Grant, Hayes, McKinley, Wilson and Cooledge that are not part of NARA.

NARA takes care of the libraries for every President from Hoover to Clinton. The Bush 43 Library will be turned over to them soon.

"The Presidential library system formally began in 1939, when President Franklin Delano Roosevelt donated his personal and Presidential papers to the federal government."

"He asked the National Archives to take custody of his papers and other historical materials and to administer his library. In 1950, Harry S. Truman decided that he, too, would build a library to house his Presidential papers and helped to galvanize congressional action."

"In 1955, Congress passed the Presidential Libraries Act of 1955 [1], establishing a system of privately erected and federally maintained libraries. The Act encouraged other Presidents to donate their historical materials to the government and ensured the preservation of Presidential papers and their availability to the American people."

Here is a history of Presidential libraries.

Presidential library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-27-2013, 03:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I think the best speech President Clinton made was for the memorial of the Columbine deaths.
He gave a seriously good speech at the Murrah Memorial. At that time, I lived about 20 m north of Tinker. I stood in the yard and waved at him as AF1 came in. I waved more happily at W when he came to town for a McCain fundraiser that was held in a McMansion about a mile from my house. That was exciting.

Neither waved back.

0Blammy came to town for something. I can't remember what. I waved. Not my entire hand, though.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:21 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I waved. Not my entire hand, though.
*LOL* I must admit: wonderfully phrased.

Last edited by helenejen; 04-27-2013 at 04:43 PM..

Old 04-27-2013, 06:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Pssssst. I don't have a problem with Bush having a library. I do have a problem with people who want to re-write history.

And as for your comment about Obama being "sensitive," you have no basis for this. It only reveals your own political prejudices.
you can't be serious; of course he is overly sensitive. This isn't meant to be a criticism just a comment.. Think of how many times he has said, I take that as a personal insult (no, not those words I don't think) but similar. None of us are perfect, he included, though you may not agree. We all have personality flaws and I happen to think he is very thin skinned. The fact remains he did the right thing, he went to the presentation.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

President Johnston started this and its not a library that you use to go as a kid, it a collection of millions of presidential records from the Administration of President George W. Bush into its legal custody.

It also has museum which is a repository for presidential gifts as well as other donated artifacts relating to the life and career of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush. The permanent exhibition explores critical events and issues of the Bush Administration.

That is why it called 'George W Bush Presidential Library & Museum'
I take it you didnt watch the dedication the premise of this thread or you would have seen the name on the building.

I am democrat but I have respect for history.
Me too and I have been to 3 libraries. They are a great way to preserve history. Plus, as I said, you come out with a warm and cozy feeling, after visiting. it is something everyone should do if they have an opportunity.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:12 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,413,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He gave a seriously good speech at the Murrah Memorial. At that time, I lived about 20 m north of Tinker. I stood in the yard and waved at him as AF1 came in. I waved more happily at W when he came to town for a McCain fundraiser that was held in a McMansion about a mile from my house. That was exciting.

Neither waved back.

0Blammy came to town for something. I can't remember what. I waved. Not my entire hand, though.
Speaking of Bush/McCain, your anecdote reminds me of another memorable moment from the Bush presidency, from September 2005: https://www.google.com/search?q=bush...hKsdgp5kmjM%3A

Eating cake and yucking it up while a major american city faced cataclysm.This guy doesn't deserve a newsstand, let alone a library.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies