Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 04:53 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
It worked fine on the Martians!!

I'd also suggest round the clock Grand Funk RailRoad or The 1910 Fruit Gum Company.

Indian Love Call in Mars Attacks! - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 04:59 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
What would sentencing a criminal have to do with offending Muslims? As for the sentence--why don't we have a trial and get a conviction first?
There will be no trial, he will plea out.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:19 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
15 years, and then he will get out and be welcomed as a Professor at one of our fine lefty
Universities.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:01 AM

24,409 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I would say a miserable life in prison, keep him locked up 23 hours a day until he doesn't even know his own name.
But if his imprisonment would generate any unrest from foreign terrorists and moslem groups and would possibly generate further violence, then a swift execution would be best.
Let his hag of a mother and crackpot dad get the honors of flushing his ashes down the toilet.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:02 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I would put him in a jail cell and leave him there until he dies, no food, no water, nothing.

Then I would find the mother and just punch her in the face a few times for giving birth to him.

I saw her on the TV today, boo hoo hoo, "Why did America take away my boys?", she asks as she sobs.

um, because your boys are rotten to the core, you moron....and you should have stayed in your God forsaken country and not come here in the first place....

but that is our fault, we let anyone come here.

Yet we still have not learned our lesson.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Forget about civil liberties, human rights and offending Muslims. If you could personally sentence the Boston Marathon bomber, Dzhokhar Tsarnaeva, what punishment would you impose?
A fair trial and if found guilty, whatever the Jury decides. AKA, American Justice System as it should be. If we don't honor it, why would anybody else?

Old 04-26-2013, 06:33 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
A fair trial and if found guilty, whatever the Jury decides. AKA, American Justice System as it should be. If we don't honor it, why would anybody else?
There is little 'justice' in our system. It's a system of laws which is played and manipulated by lawyers and politicians. "Justice" involves a leveling of the scales, which seldom happens. Have his legs violently ripped from his body, leave him blind... deaf... mutilated and in pain, unable to function. That's justice. Compassion for him as a human, or consideration of influences others may have had on him, or concern about how the rest of the world, including Muslims, may react have no role in this.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Forget about civil liberties, human rights and offending Muslims. If you could personally sentence the Boston Marathon bomber, Dzhokhar Tsarnaeva, what punishment would you impose?
If found quilty, I'd give him the same as the unibomber: life in prison at CO super-max.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Provided he is found guilty, the death penalty.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
It shouldn't be up to me. Due process of Law and when found guilty after a fair trial it is up to a jury or judge. I am neither.

However I do personally think the death penalty is often far gentler a solution than some people who have committed the worst atrocities deserve in a way.

I know I would rather get the death penalty than know I would be in a tiny cell, caged for life until the day I died, surrounded by the worst scum on earth... I could not even cope with two weeks on a drip in hospital recently , feeling so trapped as it was...

As long as life means life ( which it oftens does not) then life imprisonment seems a lot more severe a sentence. The death penalty almost seems a cop out.

But let's put this man on trial first and let the evidence decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies