Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 03:26 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

Conspire means to breath as one. Two men planning together to take over a third man's business is a conspiracy. Conspiracies are everyday things. Now when the word conspiracy is used it is equated with mental illness or a crazed and wild imagination. If I send a private message to another CD member and we agree to gang up on a third party - I am a conspirator. As for conspiracy nut? Most of us know when we step over the line of logic...some don't. Critical thinking is a good thing - habitual and mindless critical thinking that is relentless and prolonged - means your NUTS.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:26 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
If you don't have the facts, all you can do is speculate.
in the age of the internet speculation gets quickly repeated as fact.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
And why should you have the whole story?

Are you in law enforcement?

Are you with the FBI?

Do you rely on TV or internet for your information?

If you answered "no," "no" and "yes" then you do not have the whole story and there is no reason why you should.

My son-in-law is a Boston Cop and has been doing CSI for the last couple of years after about 15 years of being the feet on the street in the worst part of town during the vampire shift. He has a lot more of the story that is known to the public and in fact was part of gathering it. I get my updates from him, heck on the media.

So no you are not a conspiracy theorist, but trying to form an opinion is like guessing how lng the nose is of the Emperor of China. If you don't have the facts, all you can do is speculate.
Technically law enforcement works for the people so they need to answer to the people ... AT SOME POINT.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 PM

27,562 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
the vampire shift
Whoa.. I like that. That's cool. Almost as good as the word "shat".

Old 04-25-2013, 03:28 PM

318 posts, read 506,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you are losing sleep over this issue or any of the information from any other issue that does not affect your real life directly you need to seek serious professional help to work through this and move forward in your life. This is not healthy for your mind, body or soul.

UUMMMMMM....not losing any sleep, buddy. Like i said, its more about being annoyed with know-it-alls being rude to critical thinkers!

Old 04-25-2013, 03:34 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post
I wanted to post this under a thread about the Boston Bombings, but I kinda feel like this deserves its own thread, I say this becuase really, it could be related to any other major tragedy...

I try to think critically of everything. I know not to trust everything i see or hear on TV. I love to question everything. I would like to think a lot of you are the same way. So then, why if anyone questions if we are getting the full truth, are they then a "conspiracy theaory nut"? I am from Boston. I watched as my whole city got shut down last friday with my eyes glued to the TV. I absorbed all of the info.

for me, now its time for questions...whereas for others, they are ready to accept the info they have been fed. So quick to label him (Tsarnaev) a terrorist and bash anyone who may think otherwise.

Im not saying this guy and his brother didnt do those things, but it is certainly not impossible that they didnt. All im saying is i believe that i do not have the whole story.

in regards to recent events: Did anyone on this forum actually see this man leave a bag there? did anyone see the video from the police cars from the crazy car chase? What about surveillance video from the supposed 7 eleven store robbery, or better yet, how about an interview with the clerk from the store that was robbed? They supposedly hijacked a car and told the man they were the bombers, where the interview from him?

and the list goes on...

I guess i say all this to say, its so frustrating to watch intelligent people bash each other and call people stupid becuase they dont just swallow the spoon fed info we get from the news.

Am i a conspiracy nut?
There's nothing wrong with asking questions and being skeptical of things you see and hear, especially from the media. But if you start to think that the people who suffered injuries, the hospital staff, the people watching the race when the bombs went off, the local cops, the FBI, ATF, DHS, ICE, the State Department and the media are all part of a vast conspiracy to "take away our freedom" or something similar, then you are a conspiracy nut.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:39 PM

293 posts, read 563,701 times
-There are surveillance videos (not currently public I believe), and eyewitness accounts from some of the victims of the suspects leaving the bags. Along with the abundance of images posted of theme at the scene - with bags beforehand and sans bags after.

-Suspect 2 has already confessed

-Convenience store robbery didn't happen

-I believe the carjacking victim has preferred to remain under the radar at this point

I mean sure, it's possible that we're being BSed about the video they have, along with witness statements and confessions, but it seems like a lot of trouble to go through to make something like that up. While nothing is ever absolute, it's far more likely than not that the suspects are guilty.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 PM

318 posts, read 506,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by some boring guy View Post
-There are surveillance videos (not currently public I believe), and eyewitness accounts from some of the victims of the suspects leaving the bags. Along with the abundance of images posted of theme at the scene - with bags beforehand and sans bags after.

-Suspect 2 has already confessed

-Convenience store robbery didn't happen

-I believe the carjacking victim has preferred to remain under the radar at this point

I mean sure, it's possible that we're being BSed about the video they have, along with witness statements and confessions, but it seems like a lot of trouble to go through to make something like that up. While nothing is ever absolute, it's far more likely than not that the suspects are guilty.

Maybe they were already under enough pressure to find someone to blame for the attacks. it essentially puts the city at "rest"

and yes, i hear that he has confessed, but who knows what happened since last week.

My coworker just told me that someone that irresponsibly released as the bomber recently killed himself? has anyone else heard that?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 PM

17,791 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post
UUMMMMMM....not losing any sleep, buddy. Like i said, its more about being annoyed with know-it-alls being rude to critical thinkers!
I don't think parroting "the government did it" necessarily constitutes critical thinking. Now if you had said you thought a bunch of prosthetists were behind the bombing now THAT would be critical thinking.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times
People who like to call themselves critical thinkers but use it as an excuse to believe ridiculous claims, like the whole false flag thing, are not critical thinkers, they are so gullible as to believe that whatever the government says, the opposite must be true.

Or, to put it another way, if you believe what Alex Jones says, you are not a critical thinker, you are, in fact, a conspiracy nut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies