Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:57 PM

318 posts, read 506,280 times

Advertisements

I wanted to post this under a thread about the Boston Bombings, but I kinda feel like this deserves its own thread, I say this becuase really, it could be related to any other major tragedy...

I try to think critically of everything. I know not to trust everything i see or hear on TV. I love to question everything. I would like to think a lot of you are the same way. So then, why if anyone questions if we are getting the full truth, are they then a "conspiracy theaory nut"? I am from Boston. I watched as my whole city got shut down last friday with my eyes glued to the TV. I absorbed all of the info.

for me, now its time for questions...whereas for others, they are ready to accept the info they have been fed. So quick to label him (Tsarnaev) a terrorist and bash anyone who may think otherwise.

Im not saying this guy and his brother didnt do those things, but it is certainly not impossible that they didnt. All im saying is i believe that i do not have the whole story.

in regards to recent events: Did anyone on this forum actually see this man leave a bag there? did anyone see the video from the police cars from the crazy car chase? What about surveillance video from the supposed 7 eleven store robbery, or better yet, how about an interview with the clerk from the store that was robbed? They supposedly hijacked a car and told the man they were the bombers, where the interview from him?

and the list goes on...

I guess i say all this to say, its so frustrating to watch intelligent people bash each other and call people stupid becuase they dont just swallow the spoon fed info we get from the news.

Am i a conspiracy nut?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
They did not rob a store and that has been confirmed...days ago. The hijacking victim wishes to remain anonymous, at least for the time being, from what I have heard. This info is all availbale with a bit of googling. The 19 year old bomber confessed to his involvement.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:13 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post

I try to think critically of everything.

Am i a conspiracy nut?
Critical thinkers are conspiracy nuts, as per unwritten U.S. Codes.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:14 PM

318 posts, read 506,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They did not rob a store and that has been confirmed...days ago. The hijacking victim wishes to remain anonymous, at least for the time being, from what I have heard. This info is all availbale with a bit of googling. The 19 year old bomber confessed to his involvement.

Oh im sorry, the hijacking victim wishes to remain anonymous...that clears everything up. How do i know he even exists? And you say it was not robbed, yet last friday they showed snippets of video of them in a 7 eleven, and that sits well with you? how do you get that story mixed up? (the news)

My point is...no one here really knows. i've already admitted i dont. but im pointing out that a lot of you guys dont either.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Yes you are a nut. Always trust the following...

- the government
- corporations
- politicians
- lawyers
- insurance agents

Then pay your taxes and call it a day!

Old 04-25-2013, 03:18 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSyddy View Post
I wanted to post this under a thread about the Boston Bombings, but I kinda feel like this deserves its own thread, I say this becuase really, it could be related to any other major tragedy...

I try to think critically of everything. I know not to trust everything i see or hear on TV. I love to question everything. I would like to think a lot of you are the same way. So then, why if anyone questions if we are getting the full truth, are they then a "conspiracy theaory nut"? I am from Boston. I watched as my whole city got shut down last friday with my eyes glued to the TV. I absorbed all of the info.

for me, now its time for questions...whereas for others, they are ready to accept the info they have been fed. So quick to label him (Tsarnaev) a terrorist and bash anyone who may think otherwise.

Im not saying this guy and his brother didnt do those things, but it is certainly not impossible that they didnt. All im saying is i believe that i do not have the whole story.

in regards to recent events: Did anyone on this forum actually see this man leave a bag there? did anyone see the video from the police cars from the crazy car chase? What about surveillance video from the supposed 7 eleven store robbery, or better yet, how about an interview with the clerk from the store that was robbed? They supposedly hijacked a car and told the man they were the bombers, where the interview from him?

and the list goes on...

I guess i say all this to say, its so frustrating to watch intelligent people bash each other and call people stupid becuase they dont just swallow the spoon fed info we get from the news.

Am i a conspiracy nut?
And why should you have the whole story?

Are you in law enforcement?

Are you with the FBI?

Do you rely on TV or internet for your information?

If you answered "no," "no" and "yes" then you do not have the whole story and there is no reason why you should.

My son-in-law is a Boston Cop and has been doing CSI for the last couple of years after about 15 years of being the feet on the street in the worst part of town during the vampire shift. He has a lot more of the story that is known to the public and in fact was part of gathering it. I get my updates from him, heck on the media.

So no you are not a conspiracy theorist, but trying to form an opinion is like guessing how lng the nose is of the Emperor of China. If you don't have the facts, all you can do is speculate.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:19 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
If you are losing sleep over this issue or any of the information from any other issue that does not affect your real life directly you need to seek serious professional help to work through this and move forward in your life. This is not healthy for your mind, body or soul.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
It's not just the bombings in Boston, I don't trust anything that comes from the mouths of our government and mainstream media. Both of them tell us half truths, lies and the propaganda machines are on full blast 24/7. I don't think we'll ever know the whole truth about what happened in Boston and who was responsible.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:21 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
And why should you have the whole story?

Are you in law enforcement?

Are you with the FBI?

Do you rely on TV or internet for your information?

If you answered "no," "no" and "yes" then you do not have the whole story and there is no reason why you should.

My son-in-law is a Boston Cop and has been doing CSI for the last couple of years after about 15 years of being the feet on the street in the worst part of town during the vampire shift. He has a lot more of the story that is known to the public and in fact was part of gathering it. I get my updates from him, heck on the media.

So no you are not a conspiracy theorist, but trying to form an opinion is like guessing how lng the nose is of the Emperor of China. If you don't have the facts, all you can do is speculate.
[/thread]

Continue for 20 more pages

Old 04-25-2013, 03:23 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Here's the thing...

Thinking about things is good. Questioning things, when there are reasons to question them, are good. Looking for tiny inconsistencies or bits of missing information and then extrapolating these molehills into mountains the size of Everest is not good. It's unhealthy.

Of course you don't have all the information. We never have all the information about a crime, whether it's a terrorist bombing or a mugging. There are things that either aren't released or aren't recorded, and thus can't be released.

You're a "conspiracy nut" if you ignore overwhelming factual evidence in favor of small shreds of circumstantial evidence that you think support an outlandish conspiracy that would be nearly impossible to pull off. The whole 9/11 thing comes to mind, as do the chemtrail theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies