Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 02:51 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

That's it Petch, these moochers want more and more. I remember years ago working at a store and a woman complaining because the store wouldn't take food stamps for candy. I mean, why is food stamps paying for candy anyway? I have seen so many teen girls want a baby so they could have free money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 02:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That's it Petch, these moochers want more and more. I remember years ago working at a store and a woman complaining because the store wouldn't take food stamps for candy. I mean, why is food stamps paying for candy anyway? I have seen so many teen girls want a baby so they could have free money.
Easter Baskets now qualify for SNAP if they have no toys in them.

And I see young girls have babies so that they can get benefits to move out of their dysfunctional homes.
And in some of these cases the girls are making the best decisions for themselves..sad to say.

That's a real big issue in high risk high schools especially junior/senior year.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:07 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,707 times
I tried to have a reasonnable talk with you, but you truly scare me.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:09 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
After reading this whole thread, and even after years of reading on here and other american political forums things that make my skin crawl, I actually find myself in deep shock.

What in the world do some of you people think that a society is? Or what is the point of economy? Aren't developped countries supposed to be that exactly? Developped? Civilized?

As a French citizen, I won't say that I'm happy when comes the time to write that “tax check”, but when it is more this year than the year before, I don't feel angry, it means I made more than the previous year.

And where does that money go? To make my country better, help others in need, help and support the education system - university is quasi free here so accessible to all -, have the best natality rate in Western Europe thanks to infrastructure and protection of the working mother's rights at her job, build roads, help the elderly, etc, etc and most of all finance the social security for others and also for me of course (breast cancer at 23, can't imagine that in the USA as I was at the beginning of my career, I wouldn't have had a good insurance in your country) and as far as social security goes, imagine! We also have a system called CMU (Universal Medical Cover) which any foreigners or ILLEGALS have access to, no questions asked. Ask any American what happened if they were infortunate enough to be sick or injured when they were on French territory : paid nothing or next to nothing. And yes, that makes me proud.

Proud to live in a place where, despite more and more pushing for liberal politics (here liberal means very capitalistic, funny, isn't it? ) that tend to want to restrain it, NO ONE would think of attacking these rights. At least noone who would want to be elected or in their right minds period. Because, any human being should live in a society where this is the norm : compassion, help, solidarity. Because life and its quality is not about money, even if a minimum is needed to eliminate primal worries. Life is about everything else that is not materialistic: good food, joy, spare time, family, friends and anything you can think that doesn't have a price tag.

I'm not saying France doesn't have its problems but then you seem to have some of your share too, right? So that's not a good argument. Especially if you think this huge recession we're going through is largely due to malversations from american bankers and their european counterparts.

And no offense meant, but USA is supposed to be a christian nation from what I read here. I didn't read a lot of those christian thoughts in that thread.... I guess I prefer an atheist society then.

And as a devout atheist, I wish all of you who don't want to share a small part after all of your “hard earned money” with the less fortunate that for the rest of your life, God is always on your side, that you never fall sick or in hardship. I truly wish you that as I'm not revengeful

To end that, for people who might be interested, here's a blog I fell upon : Why I Make Terrible Decisions, or, poverty thoughts

I don't agree with everything but well thought and written. And mostly TRUTHFUL as in sincere.
Loved this post personne.

FWIW, please know that there are very vocal people on this forum who hate poor people here in America. Also that like to relate all poor welfare "moochers" to "minorities" (aka black and Hispanic Americans).

This is an weird American phenomena. I agree with you in that it is very hypocritical to think of oneself as "civilized" and "Christian" but yet demean people you don't know and generalize the poor as if all of the people using social welfare programs here in America don't work and keep "popping out" babies.

Both hypocritical and ignorant IMO.

But let me get out the way and let the ignorance train keep right on moving forward until they talk themselves to silence (for right now, until this thread is once again revived or a new one surrounding the same subject is created).

Old 12-02-2013, 03:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

FWIW, please know that there are very vocal people on this forum who hate poor people here in America. Also that like to relate all poor welfare "moochers" to "minorities" (aka black and Hispanic Americans).

This is an weird American phenomena. I agree with you in that it is very hypocritical to think of oneself as "civilized" and "Christian" but yet demean people you don't know and generalize the poor as if all of the people using social welfare programs here in America don't work and keep "popping out" babies.

But let me get out the way and let the ignorance train keep right on moving forward until they talk themselves to silence (for right now, until this thread is once again revived or a new one surrounding the same subject is created).
I wonder how you would feel if I forced you to give me your money? A weird American phenomena? They stepped over the line, they got greedy. I say ship them all to France!

Old 12-02-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Easter Baskets now qualify for SNAP if they have no toys in them.

And I see young girls have babies so that they can get benefits to move out of their dysfunctional homes.
And in some of these cases the girls are making the best decisions for themselves..sad to say.

That's a real big issue in high risk high schools especially junior/senior year.
Unfortunately many of these girls are also pressured by their moms to have more babies because it means more money. It really is a sick perverted immoral culture that thinks this lifestyle is fine. I had heard that about baskets and I suspect someone will start allowing toys to be covered by welfare.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Unfortunately many of these girls are also pressured by their moms to have more babies because it means more money. It really is a sick perverted immoral culture that thinks this lifestyle is fine. I had heard that about baskets and I suspect someone will start allowing toys to be covered by welfare.
The few I have come across in school do it to get away. I know of 3 girls that did that and none of them stayed at home. None of them got married either.
But they didn't even try to get away..they are living in the same small town in the same run down neighborhood as their parents, still have run-ins with them and they consider themselves "better off".

There is another one..17 that had her third kid and dropped out. Mom kicked her out and said she wasn't watching the kids anymore.

Hispanic culture is somewhat different than Black culture.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I don't hate poor people but moochers are another story. It's one thing to fall on hard times and need help or needing help from not making a lot. Big difference in not bettering one's self and expecting me to pay more in taxes so they don't have to work. I have seen it often. I have seen people pop out babies for welfare.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:33 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,529,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
To end that, for people who might be interested, here's a blog I fell upon : Why I Make Terrible Decisions, or, poverty thoughts
It would appear that the heroine of this fairy tale is a FRAUD.

Shameful Author Of Viral ‘Thoughts On Poverty’ Essay Is Allegedly A Liar But Is Still Racking In Donations

Quote:

Tirado, known as “KillerMartinis” online, is apparently not poor at all. Actually, not only is she “not poor,” but she attended a posh boarding school and had a relatively wealthy upbringing.

Read more: Author Accused Of Viral Poverty Essay Scam

Old 12-02-2013, 03:38 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,707 times
Quote:
You'd be good together, bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies