U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 PM

39,109 posts, read 20,252,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I think the whole arguement would be funny if it was not so ironic. Here we are debating over the so called "takers" meanwhile many of you do not realize that those so-called "contributors" get more money from the government from paying less taxes, subsidies ect. than what is spent on public safety nets. The only thing that really bothers me is those of you who are comfortable sitting back colecting your retirement, Social Security ect. checks are hypnotized by some millionaires on television backed by billionaires trying to destroy the air and water into believing that poor people are the probelm for our financial situation.

What is going to eventually happen is as soon as enough social programs are cut to the point that people want to revolt aginst the government (remember the French Revolution?) those drone strikes and martial law will marshal in the United Police States of America and possibly a New World Order. Go ahead and call it crazy, but you have to admit since 9/11/2001 we have been slowly losing our rights.
Get more money from the government by paying less taxes? wow, do you really think that?

IT WASN'T THE GOVERNMENTS MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. They didn't earn it, they only take it. Your argument is said as if you believe that the money is the governments. Stop being so ass backwards.

Tax subsidies LOL, the scary part is you think you know what you are talking about. As soon as social programs are cut? Do you mean as soon as they GIVE you less money that wasn't yours in the first place. They make that money so why shouldn't the keep more of the money they paid.

by the way, I never worked for a poor person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 08:13 PM

903 posts, read 592,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh are you enjoying the fallout of Obama's policy
No problem putting the POTUS in his place, but the Bush dynasty screwed us in terms of freedom, privacy, and any hope of a future. Endless war debt, NO FED oversight, not to leave out all the favors to his Princeton cronies, as well as raping the Construction industry by letting his Wall st. boys (no thanks to Clinton either) create a Mortgage back security scheme that destroyed our lending rules, and let liar loans go unchecked.

So there is plenty to go around when it comes to lousy Presidents.

This one is just a wuss, he lets them do what they want, so he doesn't end up like Kennedy.... his words.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:43 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,464,939 times
Quote:
Get more money from the government by paying less taxes? wow, do you really think that?

IT WASN'T THE GOVERNMENTS MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. They didn't earn it, they only take it. Your argument is said as if you believe that the money is the governments. Stop being so ass backwards.

Tax subsidies LOL, the scary part is you think you know what you are talking about. As soon as social programs are cut? Do you mean as soon as they GIVE you less money that wasn't yours in the first place. They make that money so why shouldn't the keep more of the money they paid.

by the way, I never worked for a poor person.

...But you are not getting what you are truely worth from a wealthy one either (well maybe in your case you might be overpaid). Lower income people fuel the economy because they are the ones that spend money on dumb stuff that they don't need. So you have no probelm with .5 of one percent owns most of the wealth in the U.S and the top 3% owns over 70% of it and that difference is growing ever constantly.

Some reason you and others believe that you too can become wealthy like the top 1% if you work hard...ah hahahhahahahahaha! I will never happen because they got you so twisted in doing their bidding by attacking the poor. "They are getting free stuff", "they are not paying their fair share in taxes" not realizing that the top 1% pay less taxes than you do now.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
No problem putting the POTUS in his place, but the Bush dynasty screwed us in terms of freedom, privacy, and any hope of a future. Endless war debt, NO FED oversight, not to leave out all the favors to his Princeton cronies, as well as raping the Construction industry by letting his Wall st. boys (no thanks to Clinton either) create a Mortgage back security scheme that destroyed our lending rules, and let liar loans go unchecked.

This one is just a wuss, he lets them do what they want, so he doesn't end up like Kennedy.... his words.

Ah, so you do know whats going on and all of that time I thought you were just some whinner who did not have a clue as to what was really happening

Old 12-02-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Oh are you enjoying the fallout of Obama's policy
Don't you mean the fallout of the government? Obama cannot do anything that he wants without his overlords approval

Old 12-02-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post

yep. And that mortgage scheme was "to help the poor" Everyone, both republican, democrats and people who signed the dotted line even when they couldn't afford it are guilty. My point being

Every time government Subsidizes -> It Balloons -> and results in a Crash and Burn

Old 12-02-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Don't you mean the fallout of the government? Obama cannot do anything that he wants without his overlords approval
Obama's a puppet, that's old news.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:09 PM

969 posts, read 421,400 times
Quote:
Obama's a puppet, that's old news.
You know what? you're crazy.

I don't know what your problem is but it is a big one. Work on it.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:41 PM

66,239 posts, read 30,153,135 times
Quote:
Here we are debating over the so called "takers" meanwhile many of you do not realize that those so-called "contributors" get more money from the government from paying less taxes, subsidies ect.
It's not the government's money. It's the earner's money. The earner is keeping more of their own money. The government isn't giving them any money.

In DIRECT CONTRAST, 30% of the tax-eligible (besides paying no federal income tax whatsoever) actually DO get money FROM the government for merely submitting a form.

How do you not know that?

Old 12-03-2013, 03:11 AM

17,266 posts, read 21,115,908 times
And let's throw in a portion of the Medicaid crowd, as well, into the equation. That doesn't seem to show up very often on people's radar screens. Unless you work in a LTC/Rehab facility where I work, and I see it everyday.

Nowadays, with obesity now labeled a disease: Gee whiz! I'm going to eat and eat and eat, get so fat I can't tie my shoelaces! And ah! My working days are over! No more job interviews, no more resumes! I'll go into a LTC facility and be treated like a King or Queen!

Or, I'll screw myself up so badly on drugs, I won't be deemed worthy of working again! I like this better than being on welfare!

Yup! One extreme case: a 22YO woman, too obese to bend over and tie her shoes or go to the bathroom on her own!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or