U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 01:48 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,794,052 times

Advertisements

I haven't read the whole thread but the OP's first statement of "total number of Americans on welfare" is listed at 4,300,000 when the link provided says its is 12,800,000..am i missing something here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 PM

39,271 posts, read 20,371,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Our highest financial institutions must be beyond reproach. No way no how can the fed allow large banks to create scams to rip millions if not billions of people off creating a world wide domino effect. And then be bailed out with our money. There are only two ways to control this and that is through our representatives or unfortunately, violence. One guy did just that in the early 1990s and another guy on 9-11, both in NY, both part of Wall Street.
If you wan't to hold on to the blame game that's your choice. Ch*t "beyond our control happens. It's again, up to you to be smart about it and not buy into it but if you can't see where you was part of it then you'll just buy into the next scam.

By the way, yes we bailed them out just like I am forced to bail out people who make bad decisions and refuse to look at what they did that contributed to the problem. And when the current liberal fallacy fails I will again be forced to pay more money to bail it out again.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:31 PM

6,226 posts, read 6,846,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If you wan't to hold on to the blame game that's your choice. Ch*t "beyond our control happens. It's again, up to you to be smart about it and not buy into it but if you can't see where you was part of it then you'll just buy into the next scam.

By the way, yes we bailed them out just like I am forced to bail out people who make bad decisions and refuse to look at what they did that contributed to the problem. And when the current liberal fallacy fails I will again be forced to pay more money to bail it out again.
No, I did not fall for any scam, quite the opposite. But the bad economy did effect me and my family as it did for most and still does.

That "chit happens" is not so. It was done 100% on purpose. Also that "Ch*t "beyond our control happens" almost threw the world into the greatest depression. And above all it was preventable.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:46 PM

39,271 posts, read 20,371,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
No, I did not fall for any scam, quite the opposite. But the bad economy did effect me and my family as it did for most and still does.

That "chit happens" is not so. It was done 100% on purpose. Also that "Ch*t "beyond our control happens" almost threw the world into the greatest depression. And above all it was preventable.
So how hard headed are you? Of course it was done on purpose to pad their pockets, the fallout, they don't care.

It's all about the politician, how much they can pad their pockets, Obama is NO different. You, your just collateral damage. So go ahead and support bigger government duh! By the way, he raised taxes, did you get any of that pie? lol But his already rich buddies did. You were used again.

Last edited by petch751; 12-03-2013 at 05:05 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 05:14 PM

7,248 posts, read 6,670,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
I haven't read the whole thread but the OP's first statement of "total number of Americans on welfare" is listed at 4,300,000 when the link provided says its is 12,800,000..am i missing something here..
Yes, the 12.8 million claim is a complete fabrication and you should learn to actually smell BS when it is put under your nose. My numbers were provided by the actual government while the other, spurious, number was pulled out of thin air by some spurious blog.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:38 PM

903 posts, read 594,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Yes, the 12.8 million claim is a complete fabrication and you should learn to actually smell BS when it is put under your nose. My numbers were provided by the actual government while the other, spurious, number was pulled out of thin air by some spurious blog.
Oregon has over 20% on food aid alone, not including the medicare, medicade, Wic, disability etc...

The numbers on Fed aid need to include GM, BofA, JP Morgan, Citibank, Bank of NY, and so on...

Not to mention, Oil producers, Monsanto, Dupont, hell, every mega business in this country and abroad...

Lets face it the Whole Fricken world depends on the USeless Dollar to keep their wheels greased.

The Reserve Gov't Currency of the world is the US Dollar.....

ITS ALL GOV'T MONEY... TRY TO DO SOMETHING THEY DON'T AGREE WITH AND SEE IF IT AIN'T SO....

Old 12-03-2013, 08:52 PM

26,304 posts, read 12,855,288 times
In 2012 the revenue that the govt brought in was 2,449 Billion. Wow...of that 74.6 billion was used for food stamps.

Yawn.

we gave 47 billion to OTHER countries.

So really...this is what freaks people out? Not the 474 billion on interest on the debt? Not the 75 billion in military research? and 128 billion in military purchases?

Old 12-04-2013, 06:41 AM

6,226 posts, read 6,846,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So how hard headed are you? Of course it was done on purpose to pad their pockets, the fallout, they don't care.

It's all about the politician, how much they can pad their pockets, Obama is NO different. You, your just collateral damage. So go ahead and support bigger government duh! By the way, he raised taxes, did you get any of that pie? lol But his already rich buddies did. You were used again.
What the hell are you talking about? Where in my statements did I say bigger government is the answer? Effective government by the people for the people is more like it, as it clearly states in the Constitution.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
But then, how to find a job without a phone? I don't mean it should be government allocated (is it in the USA?).
Hi Personne,
I made this account to respond to this question which someone answered incorrectly. There's a weird rumor going around since about 2009 that the government was giving people cell phones. That rumor is and always has been false.
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/10/the-obama-phone
Welfare recipients, and others, can receive a free cell phone, but the program is NOT funded by the government or taxpayer money, and it's definitely not a new "Obama policy". To sum up the link for those who don't want to read "This specific program, SafeLink, started under President George Bush, with grants from an independent company created under President Bill Clinton, which was a legacy of an act passed under President Franklin Roosevelt, which was influenced by an agreement reached between telecommunications companies and the administration of President Woodrow Wilson."

Old 12-21-2013, 08:46 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,499,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackedSatisfaction View Post
Hi Personne,
I made this account to respond to this question which someone answered incorrectly. There's a weird rumor going around since about 2009 that the government was giving people cell phones. That rumor is and always has been false.
The Obama Phone?
Welfare recipients, and others, can receive a free cell phone, but the program is NOT funded by the government or taxpayer money, and it's definitely not a new "Obama policy". To sum up the link for those who don't want to read "This specific program, SafeLink, started under President George Bush, with grants from an independent company created under President Bill Clinton, which was a legacy of an act passed under President Franklin Roosevelt, which was influenced by an agreement reached between telecommunications companies and the administration of President Woodrow Wilson."

Thank you for clearing that up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or