Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

More welfare abuse

MEMPHIS, TN - (WMC-TV) – Taxpayer dollars wasted on everything from booze to hair to concert tickets, eye-opening abuse of the Tennessee welfare program. Only on 5, a call to action to stop that waste. And just wait until you see just what your tax dollars are being wasted on!

"A necessity is not an Orpheum ticket for concerts. It's not a tour of Graceland. And it's not $700 worth of purchases at a liquor store," said Justin Owen with The Beacon Center.

The Investigators: Tax dollars wasted by welfare abuse - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 10:13 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Lady with 15 kids say, someone's gotta be held accountable, somebodies gotta pay.

Sounds like you are jealous of her maybe you should quit your job and go on welfare to live it up.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:14 PM

Taxpayers paid twice for mortgages on the same properties, and paid rent for the same homes, totaling more than $1,000,000 in duplicated payments.

Taxpayers reimbursed Lynch Homes for mortgage payments and then paid a usage fee, like rent, of 8 percent for homes used to provide community-based services to the intellectually and developmentally disabled. Lynch was also receiving reimbursements for maintenance on the homes.

Providers serving the intellectually disabled in Pennsylvania used thousands of taxpayer dollars for unnecessary luxury goods.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Sounds like you are jealous of her maybe you should quit your job and go on welfare to live it up.
She is a pig. She has no for herself and for others. So you with her juppiter, is this the kind of girl you prefer? Bed them, leave them and dump her and kids on the tax payer.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:28 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sorry, corps and individuals minimizing tax burdens is not welfare, nor equal to the guv taking money from workers paychecks and giving it to special classes
A company makes huge profits in this country, and pays no taxes, whereas the ordinary person earning a middle class income does---I call that corporate welfare. You try paying no taxes one year and see what the I.R.S. does to you.

If there's any special class in the U.S. it's corporations.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
A company makes huge profits in this country, and pays no taxes, whereas the ordinary person earning a middle class income does---I call that corporate welfare. You try paying no taxes one year and see what the I.R.S. does to you.

If there's any special class in the U.S. it's corporations.
You are a broken record ellemint and wow, your lord and savior Obama is really fixing it isn't he [sarcasm]

Old 04-26-2013, 10:32 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
hmm, yea sure, so you want more right? You voted for Obama in hopes you will get more. I'm mo have to worry about my mortgage no more, Obama is going to redistribute from them to me.

Stop depending on other people for gods sake.

PS: SNAP IS WELFARE. Living off the labor of other people. I don't care what you want to call it but we all know it is shamefully living off others WELFARE

Zoning and tax codes redistribute income from renters to owners, so you're already benefitting from redistribution.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Veggies don't cost much. Neither does whole chicken, etc. Why are they drinking soda? I drink water or coffee only.

And it's completely untrue that food stamps does not allow someone to buy luxurious food. Please show me where that food is prohibited.

I don't have any refrigerator or freezer space to put a whole chicken, what good would that do me - and a lot of other people who don't have adequate cooking or storage facilities.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
I worked a job dealing with those on welfare and knew people on welfare and there was a LOT of abuse. Sure many were people who fell on hard times but they were usually the ones who worked a minimum wage job and only got some benefits. Most of those I know who got everything either didn't want to work or had an under the table job. One friend made cash as a stripper and I have known other strippers who got welfare. I have seen them buy things I couldn't afford when I lived in an area with lots of low income like candy and yes steaks. Let's not forget that many have kids out of wedlock which affects our society very deeply.

I'm all for helping those who need help while they get their life on track or can't work like elderly and disabled. I don't want to help those who have babies they can't afford (and keep doing it), or those scamming the system or those illegally here.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:07 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Republicans Aim To Ban Use Of Welfare Debit Cards At Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores
The House overwhelmingly approved a bill on Wednesday to push states to ban welfare debit card withdrawals at liquor stores and "naughty" venues, a practice highlighted in a handful of news stories over the past couple of years. The proposal is unlikely to be taken up by the Senate,

Republicans Aim To Ban Use Of Welfare Debit Cards At Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores
That is one of those things which makes headlines but which, when you dig deeper, really has no merit. For instance, in inner cities there are very few ATMs and the ones which are there are almost always at convinience stores (which you call liquor stores). Telling people they have to use an ATM then making it so they can't use the only ATMs with in miles of their house seems really stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies