U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 10:31 AM

9,033 posts, read 8,715,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
liberals would rather give up their rights rather then fight for them. They don't want them. They want to be taken care of. They want to think the police will show up and Perry Mason will find the killer or defend them if innocent. They want to believe the world is some fantasy land that never existed. They run on emotion. They buy things with out thinking. A gun is a death ray that can kill form another state. They don't understand and do not want to understand.
Congratulations, that post was 100% fact-free.

This is what's supposed to pass for a rational argument these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 AM

6,111 posts, read 5,062,486 times
No the Second Ammendment is not a right to life, liberty, or happiness but MY RIGHT TO MURDER YOU AT A PLACE AND TIME OF MY CHOOSING!!!

Now I might have to pay for that right but it won't change the fact you are dead and unless Jesus shows up you will certainly stay dead. Dead people only have the liberty of the grave and you or your survivors won't be happy about it.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 AM

10,832 posts, read 9,257,267 times
Actually since you have the right to be armed also, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
No the Second Ammendment is not a right to life, liberty, or happiness but MY RIGHT TO MURDER YOU AT A PLACE AND TIME OF MY CHOOSING!!!

Now I might have to pay for that right but it won't change the fact you are dead and unless Jesus shows up you will certainly stay dead. Dead people only have the liberty of the grave and you or your survivors won't be happy about it.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:14 AM

336 posts, read 382,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Actually since you have the right to be armed also, no.
Never mind the fact that in his sick & twisted reasoning ALL normal, law-abiding citizens are capable and are predisposed to criminal and/or psychopathic aberrant behavior!

I guess in his sad little world everyone is a murderer...

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002...tal_xlarge.png

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-26-2013 at 12:53 PM..

Old 04-26-2013, 11:47 AM

383 posts, read 449,161 times
Quote:

So your saying your a murder.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM

10,136 posts, read 6,463,199 times
Quote:

“A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” (1791)

^^^^^^^^^ That is the second amendment. Perhaps you can point out where it gives you the right to murder people? I have been reading these 27 words over and over and I fail to see anything closely representing that fact. Please enlighten me.

BTW, Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness comes from the Declaration of Independence and has nothing to do with the second amendment of the Constitution. FYI.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 PM

19,268 posts, read 17,404,861 times
Interesting that it took a terrorist bombing to undo what a mass shooter did. In one case the government demanded action and in the other case it acted and completely destroyed its own argument.. No wonder Obama is in a fetal position on the Oval Office floor.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:35 PM

336 posts, read 382,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Interesting that it took a terrorist bombing to undo what a mass shooter did. In one case the government demanded action and in the other case it acted and completely destroyed its own argument.. No wonder Obama is in a fetal position on the Oval Office floor.
The government also had every opportunity to prevent the bombing by denying the background check approvals of the Chechen terrorists when they entered the country, continuing to approve their status in the country even after being warned, over and over again!

In fact, it could be argued that the approval/welfare support of the terrorists by the Federal/State government aided and abetted the attack, and that in the end it was took the citizenry themselves to locate and foil the psychopaths.

So much for the Nanny State's ability to do the job!

Then again, with the liberal belief system stating we all belong to the Nanny State, maybe the citizens were just doing their jobs?

Democrats: ‘We All Belong to the Government

Last edited by Biz901; 04-26-2013 at 12:43 PM..

Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 PM

1,969 posts, read 1,977,207 times
2nd Amendment? Yes, the National Guard does a good job in every state from what I've seen.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 PM

66,182 posts, read 33,593,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz901 View Post
The state of nature has a law of nature to govern it, which obliges every one: and reason, which is that law, teaches all mankind, who will but consult it, that being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions ~ John Locke 1690

Why We Can't Have A "Reasonable Discussion" On 2A in [Market-Ticker]

Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience. ~ John Locke 1690

There is no discussion needed to compromise my and other US Citizens rights, any more. The discussion needs to be about getting the rights that have been taken, back. So citizens are not criminals, because the demonstrate their god given right. Not a right granted by the king, in a black robe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or