U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 06:21 PM

3,742 posts, read 2,596,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Maybe whiners shake and puke when they are forced to shut up for five minutes.
Brilliant your post is not.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:29 PM

15,833 posts, read 8,837,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
Suck it up. If someone puts on cologne you don't like you do not have a right to tell them they can't use it. They are already smoking outside, you do not have the right to tell them that they can't. If you don't like it quit and go work for your self.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 PM

3,180 posts, read 2,680,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
hey STINK, is the problem. How hard can that be to understand?
I'm a smoker. If I am going to be in contact with clients, I have breath spray and a perfume atomizer with me. It's not enough for you uptight, wusses to send us out into 20 degree weather for a smoke, now you have to whine that "your eyes water". Wah, wah, wah! Some ugly people and their annoying voices make me want to puke, should we ban "ugly" and "annoying", too?

Old 04-26-2013, 06:39 PM

15,833 posts, read 8,837,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
Its one thing to say you can not smoke in a place where others are forced to breath it. But to say you don't want to smell it on them is stupid Liberal crap. I don't want to smell the onion you just ate or garlic or perfume you choose. But at what point does it become infringement the other way? Smell on someone is not your business. Unless its unreasonable. If someone does not keep them-self clean its one thing if it stops people from being able to function. But just because some after scent is not to your liking, is not a reason to tell others how to live. What if Blue makes me upset, Do I have the right to tell you not to wear it? You do not have a right to tell some smoker that you can detect that they have smoked a cigarette so they have to stop.

I don't smoke and will not start, its a horrible danger to my health. But I will not tell someone how to live either.
Most of them that want it banned to not happen to be liberal on this forum.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:44 PM

24,897 posts, read 9,697,039 times
I'm assuming most of the pro-smoking posts are by smokers. Could be wrong. If so though, I didn't realize this many people still smoked nowadays. Older folks still do but judging by this thread I feel like it's 1927 when people smoked cuz tobacco companies said they cured ailments.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:44 PM

7,187 posts, read 11,239,863 times
Quote:
Yet another example of the mindless, infantile extremes tobacco-addicts go to in order to attempt to trivilize their filth.

Well, bucko, it isn't working - nobody buys it, any more than being nauseated by the smell fo coffee - NOBODY is BUYING IT!!
I quit smoking in the mid-80s and I swore I'd never become an anti-smoking jackwagon. It's people who crusade "over the top" like this person who make me support smokers rights all the more.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I'm a smoker. If I am going to be in contact with clients, I have breath spray and a perfume atomizer with me. It's not enough for you uptight, wusses to send us out into 20 degree weather for a smoke, now you have to whine that "your eyes water". Wah, wah, wah! Some ugly people and their annoying voices make me want to puke, should we ban "ugly" and "annoying", too?
How do you tell a good smoker? Ans, By their Headwear.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Wusses?

Says the addict with low tolerance to nippy temps...

Old 04-26-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I quit smoking in the mid-80s and I swore I'd never become an anti-smoking jackwagon. It's people who crusade "over the top" like this person who make me support smokers rights all the more.
I support smokers rights. I support everyone rights. The people who don't support people's rights are the smokers who fill the air people are breathing with their toxic, carcinogenic stench, and the ground with their roaches.

Yes, the true disrespectors of rights in this debate are the smokers, who feel that they are the ONLY one with rights.

A vile, disgusting, rotten bunch of SOBs if ever there were any.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I support smokers rights. I support everyone rights. The people who don't support people's rights are the smokers who fill the air people are breathing with their toxic, carcinogenic stench, and the ground with their roaches.

Yes, the true disrespectors of rights in this debate are the smokers, who feel that they are the ONLY one with rights.

A vile, disgusting, rotten bunch of SOBs if ever there were any.
Not all.

I can't get over the response on here. I know several smokers. They think it "sucks" that they can't smoke as freely anymore but they realize why and don't throw a fit over it. They know smoking is a bad habit. The only smoke outside and use gum/spray/etc to try to ease the stench if they go to public places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies