Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
You delude yourself if you think my arguments are weak, and flatter yourself if you think your side even has any "arguments" at all.

Just so you "get it" someday - "keep your filthy stench to your filthy stinking selves"

I know you are one who has a modicum of respect for non-smokers, so my comments are not necessarily directed at you, per se, but you chose to enter the fray of your own free will.
I entered the fray, because like it or not I support the rights of the individual, regardless of their activities. Given that smoking is banned in all places of business there is absolutely no need to further implement bans to extend outdoors. As for people throwing their butts on the ground, I agree. Pick them up. It wouldn't be a bad thing for more ashtrays to be added to designated areas. But if there isn't as another poster stated, field stomp it, then throw it in the trash. Everyone is happy.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
At this point I'm just trying to get their logic. I hope some answer. I still don't understand how someone can be ok with a person lighting arsenic, cyanide, and rat poison on fire then having their clothes absorb the smoke ... then finally sit next to you for 8 hours. All in the context of no personal or social benefit. It's insane!
It is because to them, it is all about them and their drug. Nothing and nobody else matters. Just them and their drug.

They demonstrate the same abject contempt when they throw their roaches, i.e. "butts", out wherever they are when they are done toking on them. The world is but an ashtray to them.

That is why they are so despised, so hated, and rightfully so. Very few "groups" so richly-deserve the hatred and contempt they generate against themselves by their "if my smoking bothers you, stop breathing" attitude. They are vile, they are foul, they are disgusting beyond words.

I don't think Browns Fan is completely ethically-corrupted by his addiction, but he isn't the norm for that ilk.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
you're the one that needs to grow up
Brilliant debate - NOT.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:50 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
this is a wrok plaqce problem not general scoiety problem.I get the same reaction to women who waer too much or cheap strong perfume.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:55 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
I'm sitting here in my office minding my own business when a co-worker walks in, straight from a smoke break, to ask for my help on something.
The entire time he's in the office and for at least a minute after he left the stench of smoke was in the air, and my eyes literally began to water.

This is of course nothing new, something I along with many others have encountered for years. The issue I've always taken with it is that in every office I've worked for a part of the employee handbook states that women should not wear an excessive amount of perfume, nor should men with cologne, because many people are sensitive to those. Well the same is true of cigarette smoke. Sending smokers outside for a break doesn't help much at all.

Is there any reason employers don't just simply ban their workers from entering in to the office smelling at smoke? If went to the city dump this morning and rolled around in trash for an hour I'd smell terrible, if I showed up at work my boss would send me home. Why not the same treatment for smokers?

Amazingly enough it is just as ILLEGAL to be a SMOKER as it is a NON SMOKER. Get over it already NOT every smoker on the planet is that inconsiderate. The easy thing to do is to ask your co worker not to come directly into your office after a break to smoke because you are a wee bit sensitive to the residual smoke/odor. IF you ask NICE most will comply with NO PROBLEM.

I would like to ban ALL narrow minded, judgmental, better than everyone else humans who absolutely know it all but it isn't illegal to be that way either and this is something I along with many others have encountered for years.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
It is because to them, it is all about them and their drug. Nothing and nobody else matters. Just them and their drug.

They demonstrate the same abject contempt when they throw their roaches, i.e. "butts", out wherever they are when they are done toking on them. The world is but an ashtray to them.

That is why they are so despised, so hated, and rightfully so. Very few "groups" so richly-deserve the hatred and contempt they generate against themselves by their "if my smoking bothers you, stop breathing" attitude. They are vile, they are foul, they are disgusting beyond words.

I don't think Browns Fan is completely ethically-corrupted by his addiction, but he isn't the norm for that ilk.
Respect is a 2 way street. While I still feel that it should be the choice of the business owner, it is what it is. So, I'll go outside. And if it's a warm day, than that is a bonus. But don't complain about the residual odor on a person when that odor weakens in a few minutes, and after they have played by the rules implemented.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:59 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:

Tell us how you REALLY feel. Don't hold back.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Amazingly enough it is just as ILLEGAL to be a SMOKER as it is a NON SMOKER. Get over it already NOT every smoker on the planet is that inconsiderate. The easy thing to do is to ask your co worker not to come directly into your office after a break to smoke because you are a wee bit sensitive to the residual smoke/odor. IF you ask NICE most will comply with NO PROBLEM.

I would like to ban ALL narrow minded, judgmental, better than everyone else humans who absolutely know it all but it isn't illegal to be that way either and this is something I along with many others have encountered for years.
Good post.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Good post.
Amazingly enough it is just as ILLEGAL to be a SMOKER as it is a NON SMOKER.

Is this the brilliant part?

Old 04-27-2013, 12:06 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:

The ONLY TIME I am vile, foul and disgusting beyond words is when I have been working out in the yard on a hot summer day. Well, except for the times I am FORCED to deal with narrow minded, judgmental humans who need to mind their own lives and stay OUT OF MINE.

I think mushrooms are vile, foul and disgusting beyond words however, I do NOT JUDGE OTHERS WHO LIKE THEM. I think those who use alcohol, gambling or drugs to excess are the same way however, it is THEIR CHOICE to do those things and does not impact my real life because I do not stick around when the excess use is happening.

Maybe you should focus your hatred and negative energy on those who really do deserve it, you know, those who are abusive to their family, neglectful, criminals, alcoholics, drug users...etc.. Leave those of us alone who are smokers who choose to smoke and it IS LEGAL to do so.

I have a wee bit of advice for you as well, as a smoker I do NOT have an attitude toward non smokers IF THEY DO NOT GIVE ME ATTITUDE ABOUT ME SMOKING. You do get many times in return what you give out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies