U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:59 AM

30,343 posts, read 19,971,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It sounds reasonable:
I will never undertsand why you would want to buy flowers from someone who doesn't respect you. Take your money and reward a business that does.

The reason they need to buy flowers from this particular florist is because in the liberal world, he's a thought criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 12:35 PM

8,440 posts, read 6,076,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The reason they need to buy flowers from this particular florist is because in the liberal world, he's a thought criminal.
Yep.

And isn't it ironic that it is precisely that thought pattern that makes them ("liberals", though they're anything but) the true thought criminals.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:24 AM

14,379 posts, read 7,903,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yep. And isn't it ironic that it is precisely that thought pattern that makes them ("liberals", though they're anything but) the true thought criminals.
It's less about liberals and more about progressivism.

Progressive's have an unrelenting addiction to double standards: zero-guilt and zero tolerance, the belief that wisdom is a product of education while at the same time abandoning common sense, and the audacity to (routinely) claim themselves the tolerant ones. It's hypocrisy without conscience.

Have you ever tried to reason with a three-year-old? They say brilliant things like "we need to pass the bill before we can know what's in it!"

Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:09 AM

17,853 posts, read 12,159,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Gays hate normal people, and obviously discriminate against them, so no big deal.
You don't hear straight people complaining. Shut up and go your own way.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:35 AM

17,853 posts, read 12,159,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wouldnt this bill allow muslims to not sell to catholics if they choose? or tall people choosing not to sell to short people?Yes it would, but somehow the left wing kooks turn it into a gay issue.

And they wonder why there is so much attention on "gays".. Its hard not to be when everything somehow becomes about them.
Or you could try reading the article before making such uninformed prejudiced comments next time.
Earlier this year, Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson filed a lawsuit against a florist who said that she could not supply flowers for a gay couple’s wedding “because of my relationship with Jesus Christ.”
In response, state Sen. Sharon Brown (R) and 11 other of the 23 Republicans in the Washington state Senate want to legalize discrimination against gay and lesbian couples with Senate Bill 5927.

The bill also notes that it does not allow the denial of services to anyone who is considered a protected class under federal law. Race, religion and disability are all protected classes under federal law, but LGBT people are not.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/2...t-lgbt-people/

Last edited by Ceist; 04-28-2013 at 02:45 AM..

Old 04-28-2013, 03:33 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,951,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Here we go again with more hate from the GOP. A group of 12 Washington republican lawmakers have filed a bill to allow discrimination against LGBT people.

Washington Republicans file bill to legalize discrimination against LGBT people | The Raw Story
Typical. One step forward, two steps back.

Cave people.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:00 AM

4,124 posts, read 4,752,594 times
If I own a small business I DO NOT WANT THE GOVERNMENT DICTATING WHO I CAN OR CANNOT SERVICE....

How about the restaraunt in ( I believe it was Texas) where the waiter refused service to a couple who had said terrible things about another customer's child with Down Syndrome....oh in that case everyone loved it...but if this bill passed the restaruant would HAVE to serve everyone. Why? Maybe the couple happened to be...a minority or one of them was disabled...more stupid lawsuits going through our court system...

It's 2013...if I go to Joe's acme shop and he doesn't want to serve me? There's 10 more business' that will....that's the beauty of capitalism...we do not need MORE laws

Old 04-28-2013, 05:39 AM

9,462 posts, read 4,824,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
If I own a small business I DO NOT WANT THE GOVERNMENT DICTATING WHO I CAN OR CANNOT SERVICE....

How about the restaraunt in ( I believe it was Texas) where the waiter refused service to a couple who had said terrible things about another customer's child with Down Syndrome....oh in that case everyone loved it...but if this bill passed the restaruant would HAVE to serve everyone. Why? Maybe the couple happened to be...a minority or one of them was disabled...more stupid lawsuits going through our court system...

It's 2013...if I go to Joe's acme shop and he doesn't want to serve me? There's 10 more business' that will....that's the beauty of capitalism...we do not need MORE laws
There are sensible arguments for private businesses being free to serve whoever they want. Yours isn't one of them.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:00 AM

16,776 posts, read 11,705,108 times
SB 5927 - 2011-12

[SIZE=2](What is this?)[/SIZE]

"Limiting payments for health care services provided to low-income enrollees in state purchased health care programs."

Title of senate bill cited inthe op story

Headline of RAW STORY......

"Washington Republicans file bill to legalize discrimination against LGBT people"

"In response, state Sen. Sharon Brown (R) and 11 other of the 23 Republicans in the Washington state Senate want to legalize discrimination against gay and lesbian couples with Senate Bill 5927. "

Typical liberal strategy where a bill's title is used to beat repubs over the head when it was the content of a rider that prompted repub opposition.

Aside from that, suppose the West Borough Baptist church bus shows up at your eatery shows up after protesting at a funeral of a serviceman? Can you refuse to serve them? If not you get sued?

Suppose it is the KKK, stopping by after a cross burning and they are thirsty, real thirsty and want to oreder drinks at your bar. You can't refuse to serve or you will be sued.

If a business wants to take a chance at losing moiney, so be it, they qwill not be around for very long.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:33 AM

29,505 posts, read 16,366,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Here we go again with more hate from the GOP. A group of 12 Washington republican lawmakers have filed a bill to allow discrimination against LGBT people.
Yawn... This issue is older than dirt.

We don't need government telling us who we can do business with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or