Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 09:03 AM

4,739 posts, read 4,431,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Go ahead and explain it to me.
You mean for the undocumented workers who are contributing to our way of life right now?

Any interference between an employer and an employee is gum in the wrench of our business industry. I consider all this immigration crap BS. make them all legal, and less gum in the machine, and the floating tide rises all boats

and if you compete with a non-english speaker for a job, than we didn't need you anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,385,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
You mean for the undocumented workers who are contributing to our way of life right now?

Any interference between an employer and an employee is gum in the wrench of our business industry. I consider all this immigration crap BS. make them all legal, and less gum in the machine, and the floating tide rises all boats

and if you compete with a non-english speaker for a job, than we didn't need you anyway.

This only works in a world where we don't provide a social safety net, and where there is reciprocal ease of movement so that displaced American workers can go elsewhere for work.

In other words, this is a fantasy world solution that has as zero chance of coming to pass.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 AM

62,857 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:

They aren't undocumented they are illegal aliens! Contributing to themselves. They are a burden to us. Sorry bud, but our government has set labor and immigration laws. You and the employers are obligated to follow them no matter what your opinion is.

Yeah, make em legal with 23 million Americans out of work. Yeah, that makes sense. Then we can wait for the next batch of illegasl to come and work for less. Yeah, that makes sense. Will you be happy when our population growth hits a billion and we are all working for minimum wage?

English speaking Americans shouldn't have to compete with illegals for jobs or required to know Spanish to pander to them. WTH is wrong with you?

Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM

1,127 posts, read 903,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Except it would be worse now. We would be quadrupling the number amnestied in 1986 with the latest proposal for amnesty. We didn't have 23 million Americans out of work back in 1986 either. Reagan lived to regret signing that amnesty because our borders weren't secured as promised. We were also promised that would be the last amnesty and here we go again.

Reagan also thought that only 300,000 illegal immigrants were here to be amnestied when it turned out it was 3 million instead! I can hardly wait to see how many come forward besides the quoted 11 or 12 million in this country today. 30 million? Oh, joy.
Obama amnesty = treason

Reagan amnesty = right wing hero

Right wingers = hypocrites full of crap

Old 04-29-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Obama amnesty = treason

Reagan amnesty = right wing hero

Right wingers = hypocrites full of crap
Nope! I opposed Reagan's amnesty and also Bushs' proposed amensty. Do you actually think that most regular Republicans today think what Reagan did was the right thing? We shut down the phone lines in congress protesting Bush's proposed amnesty. So no, there is no hypocricy. This has nothing to do with party lines. Amnesty is wrong for the American people, period.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:59 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,315 times
Quote:
I think the dream is that all these illegals will pay back taxes or some crap.
I don't know.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:02 AM

1,127 posts, read 903,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nope! I opposed Reagan's amnesty and also Bushs' proposed amensty. Do you actually think that most regular Republicans today think what Reagan did was the right thing? We shut down the phone lines in congress protesting Bush's proposed amnesty. So no, there is no hypocricy. This has nothing to do with party lines. Amnesty is wrong for the American people, period.
You just defended and excused Reagan's actions. Nice try.

Any rabid anti immigrant loon who doesn't condemn Reagan is full of crap and has no integrity.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
You just defended and excused Reagan's actions. Nice try.

Any rabid anti immigrant loon who doesn't condemn Reagan is full of crap and has no integrity.
What? Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Did you not read just a couple of posts ago where I said I opposed Reagan's amnesty? Geez, you even quoted what I said in this reply to me!!! Go back and read my post #55. Where did I defend Reagan's actions?

Aside from your erroneous remarks about how I felt about Reagan's amnesty who the hell is anti-"immigrant"????

Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM

50,226 posts, read 46,975,220 times
Quote:

Ya, unlimited immigration for uneducated poor from around the globe with access to your tax dollars. What can't go wrong with that recipe?

Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,514,028 times
Default How is amnesty in the best interest of US citizens?

Quote:
OK...

Now: millions of illegal workers are hired in place of Americans because they can be paid less than minimum wage with no benefits, and they have no recourse. They can't go to the local wage & hour office or labor dept office and file a complaint against their employer.

After Amnesty: these millions of illegal workers are now legal workers, subject to minimum wage laws. They can file complaints against cheapskate employers.

Result: More businesses hire American workers since there is no incentive to hire foreign labor. The massive subminimum wage workforce disappears, along with the accompanying downward pressure on wages and benefits for the rest of us.

At its core, the illegal immigration problem is just another form of corporate welfare. Their illegal workforce probably gets public housing, foodstamps, and free medical care by clogging up the nation's emergency rooms. All at taxpayer expense.

Time to wean them from the taxpayer teat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies