Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Islamic immigration to the United States be stopped or banned?
Yes, ban all Islamic immigration 172 49.14%
Yeah, but only stop it temporarily 17 4.86%
No 161 46.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 03:35 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Personally, I say that if any immigrant of a particular religion has committed a felony in this country then all other immigrants of that reigion shall be forever banned from this country. That's how prejudice helps protect us. Although, that probably just leaves Pastafarian practitioners then.

Flying Spaghetti Monster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That would mean we'd only have atheists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I don't think I am lacking in facts.

File:World homosexuality laws.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Societal attitudes toward homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iran executes three men on homosexuality charges | World news | The Guardian

As you can clearly see, there is not a single country with a Muslim majority that has an accepting atmosphere for gay people. Even in secular Turkey, where being gay is legal, only 14% of the people believe that homosexuality should be accepted.

It is attitudes like this that make me fearful of Muslims, and homosexuality is just one part of it. There is also the issue of women's rights, of the rights of the non-religious, etc. I know in Dubai if you speak badly of Islam then you can go to jail! Until the Muslim people begin to truly believe in freedom of expression then maybe the West is not a good place for them to live.

I am happy to know that in Dubai gay men are not killed upon being caught, but you are speaking of two immigrant men I suppose? What do you think happens to their nationals? Throwing people in jail for being gay shouldn't be allowed either! Having sex in a public space is one thing, but what people do in their own bedrooms is their business and no one else's. The Muslim world doesn't respect that.
So your concern is homosexuality - what a surprise. Maybe you haven't noticed but there is a segment in the US that isn't exactly accepting of gays, especially when gay people are asking for equal rights - as they should have. It took how many years for this come to pass for gay people to come out to fight for equality?

I'm referring to two immigrant men? LOL You are ASSuming. You need to stop.
Don't start preaching to me about what you know. What you know could fit in a thimble.

Trust me, the "Muslim world" isn't interested in what people do in their bedrooms.

If one wants to find the ugly in something, they will. I could certainly find what I consider ugly in America.

I happen to have first hand knowledge of several Arab countries, unlike you, and I'm not about to educate you.

Go do something useful with your life - join the Peace Corps and go change the world. Why don't you start in Afghanistan or Pakistan or Yemen, countries filled with ignorance. You can move them along with you knowledge and bring them out of the 18th century practices.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:45 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
I think if most Muslims interpreted their faith from a less radical angle like those women do then Islam wouldn't have the negative reputation that it does. If most Muslims were like those women, then perhaps this poll wouldn't show a 50% support for banning Muslims. I have never met a Muslim like those in the pictures you show though. Every Muslim woman I have met wears that headscarf. The headscarf is such a symbol of separation in society I think.
How do you know you never met a woman who was a Muslim that didn't cover? Do you ask everyone you meet their religion?

I guess you think that Hasidic men and women are a separation in society as well, and a threat. Observant Jewish women wear wigs - they cover their hair. They wear long skirts, stockings in 105 degree weather. They never wear pants. They wear long sleeved blouses/dresses that go up to the neck. Observant Jewish men wear yalmulkas and traditional hats and coats and sidelocks/payos. Very similar modesty as in Islam. So yeah, I'm sure you think they are a separation in society.

If Christians are opposed to homosexuality, how come so many priests engage in homosexuality? OOPs, that would be pedophilia.

Last edited by softblueyz; 04-30-2013 at 03:53 PM..

Old 04-30-2013, 03:48 PM

684 posts, read 1,122,386 times
Bottom line is this:

We do not change our religion based on the political whims of the time. Some of these cakeboys or fruitbooties may not like it but who cares?

Yes, we oppose such sickness as homosexuality - all sane people know its a sickness and a disease, a crime against nature. It's not a Muslim thing to hate gays, lots of people do - the Christian folk in the Caribbean dislike it even more then we do. The East Europeans don't love it either.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:49 PM

684 posts, read 1,122,386 times
The Xtians in Africa HATE gays.

People are trying to hide their racism behind all sorts of masks. Fact is most of us are a shade of brown, and its that which bothers clowns like those hating on Islam here.

Got a beef with us? Step up like men and draw your burners. We can both make beef cook.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:51 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
That would mean we'd only have atheists.
Safety first.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I can understand avoiding traveling in theocratic countries which don't accept homosexuality, but I think fearing all Muslims is irrational. Islam isn't the only religion that doesn't accept homosexuality. Christianity doesn't either. And that should be very evident to a homosexual in the United States.

It seems to me that if your problem is the lack of tolerance in the Muslim religion, that you would want Muslims to know and understand that homosexuality is not a threat, that you are a good person and a homosexual. Instead, you aren't a good person. You choose to see Muslims as a threat, and you are willing to discriminate against them, because of your prejudices.

Your sexuality isn't a threat to others. But people have to learn that. And the Muslim faith isn't a threat, either. And people have to learn that, too.
Don't trust western media too much.
I lived in China and I can tell you most of the China news you find in US media are biased to say the least, sometimes absurd. They feed Americans with what Americans want to hear.

Iran MAY have executed gays (I'm not sure) but ACCORDING TO IRAN MEDIA these two guys raped other men. Sodomy is illegal in Iran too, no matter you are gay or straight.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
A twenty-thirty year ban would be good to absorb the number of Muslims we have taken in and hopefully they can purge their ranks of the Muslim terrorists in their ranks.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
I am not going to bring it upon myself to try to teach Muslims anything because of the amount of radicalism and violence that comes out of that community. There is very little that can be done to teach those who choose to be blinded by bogus religions. I would just rather they not come to my country.

And I agree, Christianity isn't accepting of gays either, but Christians have for centuries taken a much more secular approach to their faith. It makes them much more approachable about other types of people. The comparison really isn't the same. Buddhists tend to take the more secular approach to their faith as well.
Radicalism and violence come out of hatred and ignorance. They don't come out of any particular community. And you are promoting hatred and ignorance as well. It's just that you are directing your hatred and ignorance at Muslims, which are a minority in the United States.

Christians haven't taken a different approach to their faith at all. And frankly, the commonalities between Islam and Christianity greatly outnumber the differences. They are, after all, closely related. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all worship the same God, the God of Abraham. Their religious texts are all rooted in the Old Testament. They share many of the same prophets. Their narratives only vary a little.

We are a secular nation, but we are not an anti-religion nation. And that means tolerance. Not tolerance of one religion, but intolerance for others. Tolerance for all religions. We respect the religious traditions that are practiced, and in return we expect the devout to respect our laws. Respect doesn't grow on its own, it has to be nourished and propagated. Excluding people because of their faith is the opposite of respect. It's wrong. It's indefensible. You can offer up rationalizations, but they are only excuses to make you feel better about openly discriminating against people.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:43 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
The Xtians in Africa HATE gays.

People are trying to hide their racism behind all sorts of masks. Fact is most of us are a shade of brown, and its that which bothers clowns like those hating on Islam here.

Got a beef with us? Step up like men and draw your burners. We can both make beef cook.
Are you saying that Africa is a place for the world to strive to be like?

And no, I don't have any problem with anyone being a shade of brown. I'm have quite a favorable opinion of Hispanic and non-muslim Asian immigrants.

Last edited by CravingMountains; 04-30-2013 at 05:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies