U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Islamic immigration to the United States be stopped or banned?
Yes, ban all Islamic immigration 172 49.14%
Yeah, but only stop it temporarily 17 4.86%
No 161 46.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:15 PM

96 posts, read 58,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
What an incredible statement. This coming from an American, the most violent country on the planet.
The US has a Military Industrial Complex, which functions as the cornerstone of the American economy.
The nature of the MIC is to be in constant war in order to survive. Without war the MIC will wither away.
So the US in order to feed this war machine has to invent wars and conflicts, they will even manufacture
antagonisms if they don't exist. Don't believe me?
Witness this thread, of which the vast majority of comments are by people who have shown and continue to show exceptional ignorance about Islam,
but yet see no problem with making silly antagonistic pronouncements about it.
Where did your dislike of Islam come from?
Why do you antagonize this religion?
Why are you so frightening of this religion, that you are willing to subvert your own civil rights just to deny theirs?
Why do you perceive Islam to be anti-western?

Your mindset is one borne of--and nurtured by--a warmongering culture. A culture enslaved by perpetual war. And this is done in order to feed the war machine of the MIC.
America is based on the Judeo-Christian ethic that teaches to love thy neighbor as thyself. Those who commit violence do so in violation of Judeo-Christian principles.

OTOH, Islamic theology advocates the murder of infidels who don't convert or submit to islamic rule, under the doctrine of jihad. Muslims who commit violence are in compliance with Islam and are promised rewards in "paradise"

Big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 10:22 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,175,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline18 View Post
Islam is really just a plagiarism of Judaism and Christianity without the love thy neighbor part. Half of the koran is stories stolen from the Jewish Bible and reworked to make the Biblical figures Arabs and Muslims. Problem is the Jewish Bible was written 1500 years before the koran. So, the only solution is to say that the original Jewish Bible was really Islamic but the crafty Jews falsified their scripture and the koran version is correct.. Complete idiocy!

And, any "religion" that has the death penalty for those who leave is really a cult.

And, muhammad married a 6 year old girl when he was 53 which is sick
I can see were this is going...it's a fruitless discussion. But I'll say this and then bale; I understand why
you have a desire to dislike Islam. And it has nothing to do with any kind of research done on your part, or
insight, wisdom or even experience. Your dislike of Islam is completely manufactured by a war mongering
culture who needs perpetual war in order to survive.

Your dislike of Islam isn't legitimate and so therefore, I can't take you seriously.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I can see were this is going...it's a fruitless discussion. But I'll say this and then bale; I understand why
you have a desire to dislike Islam. And it has nothing to do with any kind of research done on your part, or
insight, wisdom or even experience. Your dislike of Islam is completely manufactured by a war mongering
culture who needs perpetual war in order to survive.

Your dislike of Islam isn't legitimate and so therefore, I can't take you seriously.
You wanna explain how Islam was really the first religion before Judaism and Christianity, contrary to the overwhelming body of historical evidence to the contrary, and how Islam existed before Muhammad was born when there was no koran before muhammad nor any sunnah [words and actions of muhammad] of muhammad to be emulated, the basis of Islam? No, I didn't think so

Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol American is the most violent country in the world?

I take it you aren't from here...
I am an American. And yes, America is by far the most violent country on the planet.
BY FAR. Not only is our domestic violence extreme, but the violence that we inflict upon other nations
is without equal.

There's nothing funny about that, man.
It's a goddamned shame!

Old 05-01-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I am an American. And yes, America is by far the most violent country on the planet.
BY FAR. Not only is our domestic violence extreme, but the violence that we inflict upon other nations
is without equal.

It's a goddamned shame!
America is based on the Judeo-Christian ethic of love thy neighbor. Americans who commit violence do so in violation of Judeo-Christian ethics.

OTOH, Islam explicitly advocates violence against infidels, so, muslims who kill are in compliance with islam and are promised rewards in that bordello in the sky

Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,098,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Certainly we can link a few terrible events that have transpired on American soil due to muslim extremists, and extremism is an issue, but lets not lose all of the good muslims to the few nut jobs. Muslims in America are mourning the Boston bombing just like the rest of us.
I have never heard of any.....why do I not read about a general outpouring of sympathy and condemnation ? All I ever hear is a deafening silence from the Muslims. I have several Muslim clients and I have never heard one, not one, express any outrage over these attacks.....

Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 PM

14,801 posts, read 17,655,351 times
Quote:
is without equal.

It's a goddamned shame!
Lol right,

Gotta ask, why are so many people on this forum so paranoid and negative?
Y'all gotta lighten up a bit

Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
You wanna explain how Islam was really the first religion before Judaism and Christianity and existed before Muhammad was born when there was no koran before muhammad nor any sunnah of muhammad to be emulated?
Yes I could explain, but you and I both know that you're not interested in knowing.
And that is obvious by your post. If you understood Islam, you wouldn't right that silly post.

You're wasting my time, dude. As I said before you're only interested in antagonizing and demonizing Islam.
Not in learning anything about it.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol right,

Gotta ask, why are so many people on this forum so paranoid and negative?
Y'all gotta lighten up a bit
Maybe, this is why: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...t_attacks]List of Islamic terrorist attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-01-2013, 10:36 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,336,300 times
Quote:
America is based on the Judeo-Christian ethic of love thy neighbor. Americans who commit violence do so in violation of Judeo-Christian ethics.

OTOH, Islam explicitly advocates violence against infidels, so, muslims who kill are in compliance with islam and are promised rewards in that bordello in the sky
Do we really want to take giant leaps backwards live in a nation based on religious values? Maybe Thomas Jefferson was ahead of his times, but he had his head on straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies