U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Islamic immigration to the United States be stopped or banned?
Yes, ban all Islamic immigration 172 49.14%
Yeah, but only stop it temporarily 17 4.86%
No 161 46.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 02:14 PM

96 posts, read 59,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I voted No for two reasons:

First, we must concede that stopping Islamic immigration temporarily could easily mean stopping it indefinitely by accident. What was that genius Beckel's idea? Until we "finish up the investigations" regarding ALL the Muslim students who immigrated here but are unaccounted for - "Once we're satisfied that we've looked at everybody and that the Muslims that are left here as students are not radical people..."? This is practically impossible, and it'd be so easy to continue denying Muslims citizenship once we've taken the two-year "hiatus"; no thank you.

Second, what is this REALLY based on? I know that Eric Bolling (Fearmonger Extraordinaire) threw his (arguably misleading) report on some statistics out there to show that 13% of Muslim Americans surveyed are "cool with suicide bombing innocent civilians" (his words, not the Pew study's). Sounds pretty serious! ...to anyone who just gobbles it up. But wait a second. In 2011, there were a few polls conducted (one also a Pew study) in which the question was posed (albeit in different words) to the general public. The results were even more shocking than the bit Islamophobes are doing today:

Surveys Show Muslims in Every Country Less Likely to Justify Killing Civilians than Americans and Israelis | loonwatch.com

Abdul Malik Mujahid: Muslims Are More Peaceful Than Their Neighbors

And of course, non-Muslim Americans DO kill more innocent civilians in our country than do Muslim Americans. Try as we might to blame it on their religion, we can see in both survey and effect that Muslims are statistically not half the threat to the U.S. as are non-Muslims.

I think the whole proposal is nothing more than the single best-disguised expression of bigotry this world has ever seen.
The US should permit immigration only for productive people and muslims generally are not productive. Can you name even one publicly traded muslim technology company? Neither can I. Out of 1.5 billion muslims, only 2 [that's right, 2] muslims have been awarded Nobel Prizes for important contributions in science, mathematics or economics. In contrast, 200 Jews have won Nobel Prizes in these categories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 02:38 PM

332 posts, read 734,376 times
Few people voted on the poll of stopping it temporarily the poll was mostly black or white. The difference is that even christian extremists condemn terrorist acts. Christianity is the major religion in this country. However, support for the 911 terrorists was far more widespread than support for christian extremists. Even westernized and americanized muslims believe the death penalty for apostasy is justified. A religion that prefers death if leaving it....makes you kind of think how they think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I voted No for two reasons:

First, we must concede that stopping Islamic immigration temporarily could easily mean stopping it indefinitely by accident. What was that genius Beckel's idea? Until we "finish up the investigations" regarding ALL the Muslim students who immigrated here but are unaccounted for - "Once we're satisfied that we've looked at everybody and that the Muslims that are left here as students are not radical people..."? This is practically impossible, and it'd be so easy to continue denying Muslims citizenship once we've taken the two-year "hiatus"; no thank you.

Second, what is this REALLY based on? I know that Eric Bolling (Fearmonger Extraordinaire) threw his (arguably misleading) report on some statistics out there to show that 13% of Muslim Americans surveyed are "cool with suicide bombing innocent civilians" (his words, not the Pew study's). Sounds pretty serious! ...to anyone who just gobbles it up. But wait a second. In 2011, there were a few polls conducted (one also a Pew study) in which the question was posed (albeit in different words) to the general public. The results were even more shocking than the bit Islamophobes are doing today:

Surveys Show Muslims in Every Country Less Likely to Justify Killing Civilians than Americans and Israelis | loonwatch.com

Abdul Malik Mujahid: Muslims Are More Peaceful Than Their Neighbors

And of course, non-Muslim Americans DO kill more innocent civilians in our country than do Muslim Americans. Try as we might to blame it on their religion, we can see in both survey and effect that Muslims are statistically not half the threat to the U.S. as are non-Muslims.

I think the whole proposal is nothing more than the single best-disguised expression of bigotry this world has ever seen.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:45 PM

797 posts, read 978,888 times
We need more Muslim babies ... then we can take over Britain | The Sun |News

http://www.therightperspective.org/2....o5aGyz5g.dpbs

Old 05-03-2013, 03:18 PM

6,491 posts, read 5,244,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline18 View Post
The US should permit immigration only for productive people and muslims generally are not productive. Can you name even one publicly traded muslim technology company? Neither can I. Out of 1.5 billion muslims, only 2 [that's right, 2] muslims have been awarded Nobel Prizes for important contributions in science, mathematics or economics. In contrast, 200 Jews have won Nobel Prizes in these categories.
This is silly. You have to give people the tools to succeed before they can do ANYTHING. Give it time. Let a couple generations of Muslim students actually get through college here and you'll see some great things... unless you think they're for some reason UNABLE to become great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful View Post
Few people voted on the poll of stopping it temporarily the poll was mostly black or white. The difference is that even christian extremists condemn terrorist acts.
You mean Christian extremists condemn ISLAMIC terrorist attacks, which is obvious. And some Christian extremists COMMIT terrorist attacks that Muslim extremists condemn.

Quote:
Christianity is the major religion in this country. However, support for the 911 terrorists was far more widespread than support for christian extremists.
Could you clarify this? What support are you referring to, for both?

Quote:
Even westernized and americanized muslims believe the death penalty for apostasy is justified. A religion that prefers death if leaving it....makes you kind of think how they think?
Citation for the bold, please.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:25 PM

Islam permits four wives, too.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:35 PM

12,340 posts, read 10,326,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Careful soft, he'll throw his lipstick at you.

Great example of muslim tolerance I see. I don't agree with him, as you don't, but no need to so hateful toward gays. You've done nothing but steretype gays since his post.

And don't try to even compare the tolerance of the west with the tolerance where your religion originates. Saudi Arabia is a fine model of tolerance for all. yeah right.

I don't like any religion as I'm not into dogma, but many muslims seem just as fu.... up as crazy Christians.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Great example of muslim tolerance I see. I don't agree with him, as you don't, but no need to so hateful toward gays. You've done nothing but steretype gays since his post.

And don't try to even compare the tolerance of the west with the tolerance where your religion originates. Saudi Arabia is a fine model of tolerance for all. yeah right.

I don't like any religion as I'm not into dogma, but many muslims seem just as fu.... up as crazy Christians.
If you don't like religion, why are you in America which is based on Judeo-Christian ethics?

Motto of the US: In God We Trust

Old 05-03-2013, 04:27 PM

5,368 posts, read 5,159,182 times
Quote:
If you don't like religion, why are you in America which is based on Judeo-Christian ethics?

America is a secular country. This country's ethics are based on humanism. Not Judeo-christian anything.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:28 PM

5,368 posts, read 5,159,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post

He is a typical Muslim.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:36 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,470,472 times
Quote:

We're taking great strides to become more of a secular nation. It took a while, but we have learned that Thomas Jefferson was right. God is nothing more than abracadabra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies