U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Islamic immigration to the United States be stopped or banned?
Yes, ban all Islamic immigration 172 49.14%
Yeah, but only stop it temporarily 17 4.86%
No 161 46.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:52 PM

6,491 posts, read 5,241,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline18 View Post
Violence is against Christian theology. Violence is in compliance with islamic theology. Big difference.
Every word of this is arguable. The early beginnings of each religion either seemed to or explicitly did not only condone but command violence. Judaism actually demanded it MORE, as there were more suggested targets for murder. Here is an interesting read on the question of whether or not violence is in compliance with Islam itself.

Is Islam a Violent Religion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Muslims that commit terrorist acts are extremists and not the norm. It's similar to how Christian leaders who sexually assault children are extremists and not the norm.
Well, it's more similar to how Christian extremists also commit terrorist acts, because both religions promote violence and then also preach about NON-violence and peace/reason (Quran 6:151). But alas, people turn a blind eye to the flaws of their own religion and always will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 PM

96 posts, read 58,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Every word of this is arguable. The early beginnings of each religion either seemed to or explicitly did not only condone but command violence. Judaism actually demanded it MORE, as there were more suggested targets for murder. Here is an interesting read on the question of whether or not violence is in compliance with Islam itself.

Well, it's more similar to how Christian extremists also commit terrorist acts, because both religions promote violence and then also preach about NON-violence and peace/reason (Quran 6:151). But alas, people turn a blind eye to the flaws of their own religion and always will.
Bible: Love thy neighbor as thyself.

Koran: We are clear of you and whatever ye worship besides Allah: We have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred forever, unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone

Koran: Verily, Allāh has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allāh's Cause, so they kill (others) and are killed. Then rejoice in the bargain which you have concluded. That is the supreme success.

Koran: Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allāh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allāh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islām) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Koran: I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes."

Old 05-03-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline18 View Post
Bible: Love thy neighbor as thyself.

Koran: We are clear of you and whatever ye worship besides Allah: We have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred forever, unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone

Koran: Verily, Allāh has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allāh's Cause, so they kill (others) and are killed. Then rejoice in the bargain which you have concluded. That is the supreme success.

Koran: Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allāh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allāh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islām) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Koran: I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes."
So you would argue that the Quran says to kill non-believers? Well that is why I posted the link it would seem you ignored. But if you want to compare the two religions in terms what they once promoted before a prophet/son of a virgin showed up, do it right. Be honest!

Bible: Kill psychics, adulterers, prostitutes, women who are not virgins on their wedding night, kids who hit their parents, kids who curse at their parents, people who don't listen to priests or judges, people who work on the Sabbath, blasphemers, promoters of other religions, and non-believers. Oh yeah, and it says to kill an entire town if one person believes in another god.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:38 PM

797 posts, read 978,487 times
Quote:
So you would argue that the Quran says to kill non-believers? Well that is why I posted the link it would seem you ignored. But if you want to compare the two religions in terms what they once promoted before a prophet/son of a virgin showed up, do it right. Be honest!

Bible: Kill psychics, adulterers, prostitutes, women who are not virgins on their wedding night, kids who hit their parents, kids who curse at their parents, people who don't listen to priests or judges, people who work on the Sabbath, blasphemers, promoters of other religions, and non-believers. Oh yeah, and it says to kill an entire town if one person believes in another god.
Jesus never said any of those. Those are taken from Jewish scriptures.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:45 PM

3,185 posts, read 5,791,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
People like you, who think that this country functions on Christian beliefs, need to be monitored. You are a prime example of a good tolerant Christian hypocrite. You seem to discount all the other religions that are practiced in the US.

Maybe people born in America should be made to take the same oath of alligence?
You need to read what I said. Christianity is one of the major religions we have. We also have laws that immigrants can not undermine our society and the thousands of Christian churchs here make up much of that society. If any religion especially one with the history the muslims have preaches VIOLENCE towards anyone they need to be monitored....Christians dont blabber gobblegosh and cut off peoples heads...case n [point.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 PM

332 posts, read 733,835 times
Majority of Christians do not support and condemn ANY terrorist attacks done by Christian extremists or Islam extremists. What terrorists attacks have Christian extremists done that Muslim extremists have condemned?

Obviously, support for the 911 attacks were by islam extremists and those of muslim faith. People I have known who have lived here for decades in America actually had good things to say about these terrorists. That they were good looking! had been good boys, etc. It was just astounding to hear how people could portray these mass murderers in a positive light. I have never seen or heard of a Christian do this.

Citation for the bold is life experience and since my area since I live in a diverse area I have had the opportunity to speak, observe, befriend many people of muslim faith. You dont actually believe that any american muslim who supports terrorist attacks would openly admit they do on a telephone survey, do you? They'd most likely be reported lol Here is a page of surveys done on islamic countries and their opinions on terrorism against Christians. http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi..._Feb09_rpt.pdf. Seems like the islam countries surveyed hate the US and people not of their religion.

Back to my question, why is it that many black americans convert to islam? Since they grew up in a totally different environment, culture, it sticks out.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cra2ybeautiful
Few people voted on the poll of stopping it temporarily the poll was mostly black or white. The difference is that even christian extremists condemn terrorist acts.

You mean Christian extremists condemn ISLAMIC terrorist attacks, which is obvious. And some Christian extremists COMMIT terrorist attacks that Muslim extremists condemn.

Quote:
Christianity is the major religion in this country. However, support for the 911 terrorists was far more widespread than support for christian extremists.

Could you clarify this? What support are you referring to, for both?

Quote:
Even westernized and americanized muslims believe the death penalty for apostasy is justified. A religion that prefers death if leaving it....makes you kind of think how they think
Citation for the bold, please.

Last edited by cra2ybeautiful; 05-03-2013 at 09:26 PM..

Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:

Founding Father of the United States of America John Adams
"I will insist that the Hebrews have done more to civilize men than any other nation. If I were an atheist, and believed in blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations. If I were an atheist of the other sect, who believe or pretend to believe that all is ordered by chance, I should believe that chance had ordered the Jews to preserve and propagate to all mankind the doctrine of a supreme, intelligent, wise, almighty sovereign of the universe, which I believe to be the great essential principle of all morality, and consequently of all civilization"

United States President John Quincy Adams
"The precept of the koran is perpetual war against all who deny that Mahomet is the prophet of God. The vanquished may purchase their lives, by the payment of tribute; the victorious may be appeased by a false and delusive promise of peace; and the faithful follower of the prophet, may submit to the imperious necessities of defeat: but the command to propagate the Moslem creed by the sword is always obligatory, when it can be made effective. The commands of the prophet may be performed alike, by fraud, or by force"

Old 05-03-2013, 09:22 PM

16,471 posts, read 16,575,669 times
Maybe we should ask Englandistan:

Last edited by tickyul; 05-03-2013 at 10:16 PM..

Old 05-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
Jesus never said any of those. Those are taken from Jewish scriptures.

Didn't say Jesus did. I said the BIBLE did. You know, "the Word of God"? Do you know which God Christians worship? The Bible said Jesus prayed to him. The same one who said to kill all of these people. Further, as is shown in the following link, it's quite arguable what the religion of Islam itself truly promotes and what it doesn't. Same as with Christianity as it relates to the teachings of the old Testament.

So along these grounds, the religions are comparable. They are also both religions cited as the motivation behind terrorist attacks on U.S. soil against innocent civilians. They are also both religions from which a percentage of members say killing innocent civilians is sometimes justified. Only difference being that in 2011, 21% of Muslim Americans said it can be justified while 52% of Jewish Americans and 58% of Christian Americans said it.

Surveys Show Muslims in Every Country Less Likely to Justify Killing Civilians than Americans and Israelis | loonwatch.com

Abdul Malik Mujahid: Muslims Are More Peaceful Than Their Neighbors

Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:

Didn't say Jesus did. I said the BIBLE did. You know, "the Word of God"? Do you know which God Christians worship? The Bible said Jesus prayed to him. The same one who said to kill all of these people. Further, as is shown in the following link, it's quite arguable what the religion of Islam itself truly promotes and what it doesn't. Same as with Christianity as it relates to the teachings of the old Testament.

So along these grounds, the religions are comparable. They are also both religions cited as the motivation behind terrorist attacks on U.S. soil against innocent civilians. They are also both religions from which a percentage of members say killing innocent civilians is sometimes justified. Only difference being that in 2011, 21% of Muslim Americans said it can be justified while 52% of Jewish Americans and 58% of Christian Americans said it.

Surveys Show Muslims in Every Country Less Likely to Justify Killing Civilians than Americans and Israelis | loonwatch.com

Abdul Malik Mujahid: Muslims Are More Peaceful Than Their Neighbors
Jesus instructed his followers to spread the faith through love and to even love your enemy.

Eminent Islamic Scholar Bernard Lewis, PhD, Professor Emeritus of Near Eastern Studies at Princeton University...

"For most of the fourteen centuries of recorded Muslim history, jihad was most commonly interpreted to mean armed struggle for the defense or advancement of Muslim power. In Muslim tradition, the world is divided into two houses: the House of Islam (Dar al-Islam), in which Muslim governments rule and Muslim law prevails, and the House of War (Dar al-Harb), the rest of the world, still inhabited and, more important, ruled by infidels. The presumption is that the duty of jihad will continue, interrupted only by truces, until all the world either adopts the Muslim faith or submits to Muslim rule."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies