Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Islamic immigration to the United States be stopped or banned?
Yes, ban all Islamic immigration 172 49.14%
Yeah, but only stop it temporarily 17 4.86%
No 161 46.00%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 10:38 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,679,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I see Muslims occasionally, but I do not interact with them. I don't feel safe around them.
Plenty of storefront churches in neighborhoods ripe with assaults, thefts, murders, domestic violence, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
No state religion is okay. I am not a Christian. Why do you assume I want Christianity to be a state religion?
Prohibiting Islamic immigration presumes that Islam is inferior. If no state religion is okay, how is it OK to have no official religion, but prevent those of only specific religions from becoming citizens, while allowing others?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:07 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
Please compare Jesus vs. Muhammad. Compare Koran vs. New Testament.

Who was more peaceful, loving, friendly and a person people should admire? Come back.
Why make it a confrontation between religions? That is juvenile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Plenty of storefront churches in neighborhoods ripe with assaults, thefts, murders, domestic violence, etc.
???

Quote:
Prohibiting Islamic immigration presumes that Islam is inferior. If no state religion is okay, how is it OK to have no official religion, but prevent those of only specific religions from becoming citizens, while allowing others?
It presumes nothing. You are presuming. As any sovereign state, the US has the right to stop immigration (actually all immigration) without constantly apologizing. We can decide to encourage only scientists from Sweden and billionaires from Monaco to immigrate. Do you have a problem with that?

Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
There is an online petition to stop and ban immigration from Islamic nations to the United States after the Boston bombings and other radical Muslim terror against the U.S. and the west.

What do you think?
Isn't freedom of religion permitted in the US??

Radical fringe groups do not speak for the whole. I know, because I've met many Muslims, none of whom have even hinted at wanting to convert, torture or bomb me.

Peace.
brian

Old 04-29-2013, 01:57 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,279 times
Quote:
Muslims subscribe to a culture that is incomparable with the humanistic values of western culture. I am not calling them inferior. I just don't believe they belong here. Muslim posters on this thread have reaffirmed my stance on this.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:58 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Isn't freedom of religion permitted in the US??

Radical fringe groups do not speak for the whole. I know, because I've met many Muslims, none of whom have even hinted at wanting to convert, torture or bomb me.

Peace.
brian
If they had more demographic influence, I would bet they would want to do those things to you.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Muslims subscribe to a culture that is incomparable with the humanistic values of western culture. I am not calling them inferior. I just don't believe they belong here. Muslim posters on this thread have reaffirmed my stance on this.
Reaffirmed your stance as a eugenicist? Reaffirmed that you are OK with preferential treatment for those who follow certain religions? There is only one way to be equitable and to remain secular, that way being, banning immigration in its entirety.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
Quote:
If they had more demographic influence, I would bet they would want to do those things to you.
That's an irrational bet.

But since you are willing to unilaterally discriminate against over a billion people on this planet, I can see how you would irrationally accuse them of harboring ill will towards you.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:47 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,303 times
Quote:
The ones I meet are usually family-oriented people who have the following values: family, work, children, a home, safety, peace.

I'm sorry. I just don't see Muslims as the "devils" that many Americans think they are. In my opinion, Americans need to get out more, learn more about the rest of the world, and you'll find out that we're all basically the same.

Peace.
brian

Old 04-29-2013, 02:49 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,377,353 times
Until people realize that the intent of Islam is to end all opposition (this is what Jihad means) we are doomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies