Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
In general I agree the USA should be taking care of its own people before sending financial to any country in the world. But since the USA is obligated to send the money to Israel and Egypt under the 1979 Israeli-Egyptian Peace Agreement for the USA to stop sending this aid could further destabilize the region which could effect American interests.
How could those few billion dollars we give to Egypt and Israel destabilize the region?

That's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,720,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How could those few billion dollars we give to Egypt and Israel destabilize the region?

That's ridiculous.
You do know the Egypt has been receiving tons of military equipment just like Israel over the past 34 years and now it's in the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood, don't you? Unlike Israel, Egypt has been stockpiling theirs. Also you do know where the Suez Canal is and in who's hands it's currently in, don't you?

Old 05-01-2013, 04:41 AM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 28 days ago)

43,590 posts, read 44,324,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

That's ridiculous.
If you stop helping Egypt, its economy could get worse and would probably increase anti-American and anti-Israeli feelings. So I don't think it is ridiculous at all.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:43 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,184,213 times
Don't you think it's worth something to have influence on at least one side of the Suez Canal?

Old 05-01-2013, 04:57 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,364,138 times
its simple actually,
we're paying Israel to NOT slaughter every muslum in the area.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,453,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Well, I'll admit, it's easier to bash foreign aid to Israel, than to nations that actually need and appreciate our aid dollars.
Agreed! Like sending aid to Pakistan. They appreciated it and rewarded us with hiding Bin Laden. Muslim Brothers in Egypt also show us their love. (As you lnow, love can be expressed in many ways).

Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You do know the Egypt has been receiving tons of military equipment just like Israel over the past 34 years and now it's in the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood, don't you? Unlike Israel, Egypt has been stockpiling theirs. Also you do know where the Suez Canal is and in who's hands it's currently in, don't you?
Tell me something i don't know.

Egypt can't defeat Israel in a war regardless of how much crap they're stockpiling. So please, stop making excuses for Israeli aid. They don't need it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
If you stop helping Egypt, its economy could get worse and would probably increase anti-American and anti-Israeli feelings. So I don't think it is ridiculous at all.
So the most powerful nation in the world should submit to blackmail because the Egyptians can't get their thing together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Don't you think it's worth something to have influence on at least one side of the Suez Canal?
Yep. We'd have that influence anyway.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:08 PM

96 posts, read 71,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
its simple actually,
You're allowed to be uneducated. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rorist_attacks

Barack Obama...
"The slaughter of innocent Israelis is not resistance -- it's injustice.

Let's be honest: Israel is surrounded by neighbors that have waged repeated wars against it. Israel's citizens have been killed by rockets fired at their houses and suicide bombs on their buses. Israel's children come of age knowing that throughout the region, other children are taught to hate them. Israel, a small country of less than eight million people, looks out at a world where leaders of much larger nations threaten to wipe it off of the map.These facts cannot be denied."

Last edited by Timberline18; 05-02-2013 at 10:35 PM..

Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Israel has a booming economy - why should we subsidize them? They also continue to steal land from and murder Palestinian citizens with our aid. We are accomplices in their moral crimes against humanity. The award winning documentary '5 Broken Cameras' on Netflix tells the story of the criminal treatment of the Palestinians by the Israelis.

Israel's booming economy puts billions in US aid under spotlight - World News

5 Broken Cameras | Academy Award Nominee Best Documentary Feature
Israel receives only military hardware. Israelis purchase upwards of $14 billion/year in American products while YOU buy from China.

http://www.ustr.gov/countries-region...-africa/israel

Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
its simple actually,
muslims are peace-loving people.

Syrian Civil War, 1 million refugees, 80,000 dead and counting
Iran Iraq War, 1 million dead
Lebanese Civil War, 250,000 dead
Algerian Civl War: 300,000 dead
Bangladesh Civil War: 500,000 dead
Black Sept., Jordan's King Hussein murders, expells 80,000 Palestinians
Syrian army kills 20,000 Syrians at Hama
Iraq gases hundreds of thousands of Kurds
1400 year conflict between Sunnis and Shiites
Fratricide between Hamas and Fatah
Syria/Hizballah assassinate Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri

Alexis de Toqueville...
Quote:
I studied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammad. So far as I can see, it is the principal cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies