Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,792,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
My middle child actually did ask me about gay sex. I answered her honestly.
One of my young nephews asked me that question a few years ago. I told the kid that it is about never having a family. About not having real power or personal autonomy and that the idea was being perpetuated in order to control people..that the idea is best avoided. I had to tell him the truth...That the novelty of gay was not something that he would benefit by...and this kid is very profit motivated...He does not want to take a secondary role in society...What I have noticed is some of his friends on FB define themselves as gay because taught to them that it is cool...Not a lot you can do about it when gay is now taught as something to participate in even if you are not gay. The whole phenomena is confusing and dishonest...plus it is politically motivated....I say let nature take it's course and stay out of the developing sexual lives of young people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 01:03 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,342,306 times
Gay NBA player?

Who cares?

Old 04-29-2013, 01:05 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,316,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
One of my young nephews asked me that question a few years ago. I told the kid that it is about never having a family. About not having real power or personal autonomy and that the idea was being perpetuated in order to control people..that the idea is best avoided. I had to tell him the truth...That the novelty of gay was not something that he would benefit by...and this kid is very profit motivated...He does not want to take a secondary role in society...What I have noticed is some of his friends on FB define themselves as gay because taught to them that it is cool...Not a lot you can do about it when gay is now taught as something to participate in even if you are not gay. The whole phenomena is confusing and dishonest...plus it is politically motivated....I say let nature take it's course and stay out of the developing sexual lives of young people.
Letting nature take its course often means that they get their information about sex from each other, and they end up NOT learning what they need to know to be safe, responsible, and healthy sexual beings. I'd much rather my kids learned the truth from me, who cares deeply about their physical and emotional well-being, than to try to pick it up from their fellow pre-adolescents, who haven't the foggiest idea what they're talking about!

Old 04-29-2013, 01:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Well I really hope this doesn't start a flood of NBA players coming out and saying they are gay.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 PM

7,795 posts, read 6,366,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Well I really hope this doesn't start a flood of NBA players coming out and saying they are gay.

It's going to be the next big thing, like wearing those fake hipster glasses during interviews.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:07 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,043,916 times
Quote:
You call this the truth?

Old 04-29-2013, 01:08 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,291,533 times
Quote:
So you lied to him?
The gays I know have large extended families. Many are happily married with kids. They're accepted by their in-laws, their brothers and sisters, cousins, etc. Most are also doing VERY well financially.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,349,509 times
Quote:
One of my young nephews asked me that question a few years ago. I told the kid that it is about never having a family.

Your nephew should stop coming to you for advice. You are a fount of misinformation. How much of your misinformation is motivated by your agenda and insecurities, and how much is pure ignorance is hard to tell.

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...-family-04.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach
I had to tell him the truth...That the novelty of gay was not something that he would benefit by...and this kid is very profit motivated...He does not want to take a secondary role in society...What I have noticed is some of his friends on FB define themselves as gay because taught to them that it is cool...Not a lot you can do about it when gay is now taught as something to participate in even if you are not gay. The whole phenomena is confusing and dishonest...plus it is politically motivated....I say let nature take it's course and stay out of the developing sexual lives of young people.
Nature does take its course, and now instead of being forced to marry the opposite sex for the sake of society, gay people are more free to live as NATURE intended. If your nephew is gay, he will be gay. If he is not gay, he will not be gay. Profit motive is complete and utter nonsense.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-29-2013 at 03:15 PM..

Old 04-29-2013, 01:21 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think everyone is just sick of listening to Kluwe the know it all. He doesn't understand that he makes a million bucks a year kicking a ball and he would make about 20 bucks a year dishing out his ideas and advice.

If not for the NFL he would just be some blowhard working at Taco Bell. That is why the Vikes are going to dump him, the team is sick of listening to him and the management is sick of seeing him quoted in the paper on every hot button topic.

Kluwe is an idiot who doesn't know how insignificant he is and how lucky he is to have a job in the NFL.
I guess Kluwe didn't notice the rookie kicker who made the pro bowl last year he stood around with all the time. Fact is a lot of folks jobs rely on these players. If you can play it won't matter if your a purple midget who is married to a horse you'll have a job. Ooops I said midget.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:21 PM

596 posts, read 728,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Your nephew should stop coming to you for advice. You are a fount of misinformation. How much of your misinformation is motivated by your agenda and insecurities, and how much is pure ignorance is hard to tell.

Nature does take its course, and now instead of being forced to marry the opposite sex for the sake of society, gay people are more free to live as NATURE intended. If your nephew is gay, he will be gay. If he is not gay, he will not be gay. Profit motive is complete and utter nonsense.
These guys look extremely lonely and sad. They obviously have no families to speak of. And it looks like they're barely making it from paycheck to paycheck, which must be due to their secondary role in society. Those poor gay fools!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies