Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 05:49 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
You really do have a bizarre idea of what homosexuality is.
Not really. In the last 40 years I have seen the whole thing develop into this modern cause pushing homosexuality into the mainstream and normalization. I have nothing against gays and lesbians but it is far fetched to say that they are just like the rest of us. They are not. They are not the same as the majority...they are different. Some are born sexless. Some are created through abuse. Some choose to take their pleasure with the same sex....and some are as we see today - encouraged and indoctrinated.

Homo sexuality is not really sexuality. In some homosexual acts no sexual organs are used. So why do we insist on referring to this as something to do with real sex? There is nothing wrong with showing love to the opposite sex or the same sex...BUT the attempt to sexualize what in some cases might be a non-sexual human being suggests abuse of a human being,.In prior eras common sodomy was practiced by straight males - who dominated submissive sexless males. I just don't believe that homosexuality is for the most part about love.

No one fully understands modern versions of homosexuality and it is truly "bizarre" that society actually believes they fully understand the phenomena to any full degree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 05:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Not really. In the last 40 years I have seen the whole thing develop into this modern cause pushing homosexuality into the mainstream and normalization. I have nothing against gays and lesbians but it is far fetched to say that they are just like the rest of us. They are not. They are not the same as the majority...they are different. Some are born sexless. Some are created through abuse. Some choose to take their pleasure with the same sex....and some are as we see today - encouraged and indoctrinated.

Homo sexuality is not really sexuality. In some homosexual acts no sexual organs are used. So why do we insist on referring to this as something to do with real sex? There is nothing wrong with showing love to the opposite sex or the same sex...BUT the attempt to sexualize what in some cases might be a non-sexual human being suggests abuse of a human being,.In prior eras common sodomy was practiced by straight males - who dominated submissive sexless males. I just don't believe that homosexuality is for the most part about love.

No one fully understands modern versions of homosexuality and it is truly "bizarre" that society actually believes they fully understand the phenomena to any full degree.
This ranting is what is truly bizzare. No sexual organs are used, huh?

Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Don't tell the world you're having sex in a deviant, disgusting way that we find repulsive and we won't care.

Having said that, no one is being discriminated against. That is nonsense. There is no law prohibiting gay people from marrying. I was never asked if I liked men or women when I got my marriage license.
Really?
When I went to get a marriage license, the clerk told me that she couldn't give me and my wife one.

Maybe she was confused.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:11 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
He may be close to the end of his career, but his career isn't over. To equate being the first openly gay man in a major professional sport in the U.S., and to bear the burden that will come with, to a cold hamburger is not analogous.

Even if you believe him being gay is wrong, denying that this won't have major implications in his own life, but also the inspiration it will provide to young people (and, unfortunately the wide-spread disapproval of many, including teammates), then your being obtuse.
If he would have "come out" before the NBA draft, he would have ALL my respect. Now he's a millionaire and people kiss his butt. He could say he's from Mars and 10 lemmings behind him would swear to it.

This guy is not an inspiration and he's not any kind of a hero.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Are you going to tell me if Jordan came out as being gay back in the day he would have ridden the pine in the NBA?? Is that how far you are willing to go to push your nonsense?? Apparently so.
If this guy gets picked up by a team (he is currently not only OUT, but he's OUT of the NBA) they will be getting all of those 3 pts a game and 3.5 rebounds he has been averaging. If he doesn't get picked up someone will say it's because he came out and he gets more attention. Win/win for him.

Again, he waited until his career was over to come out. Nothing to see here.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
I have noticed that many American guys have become so effeminate. Even those who are not in favor of homosexuality will make comments like, "I do not really care...," or "They should be able to do as they wish..." Whatever happened to standing up for what you believe in, even if it's unpopular to do so?

I'm as straight as they come, and I truly don't care what 2 consenting adults do in their bedroom! It's their life. Not mine.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
I don't care to comment, but I know that I would never engage in it.
I feel sorry for your spouse.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:19 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,175,680 times
I thought there were already major league sports folks who already came out?

Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
It's repulsive behavior that should not be celebrated or encouraged.
Then YOU don't have to celebrate it or encourage it. You DO have to let other consenting adults decide how to live their lives.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Well stop making it my business. I'm tired of being inundated with homosexual news.
Then change the channel, don't click on threads that discuss the topic, and skip those stories in the newspaper.

It's really simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies