Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:25 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Don't be ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Being older - I remember the movie star Rock Hudson who portrayed the handsome ladies man. He became rich and famous due to this fraud. The man was gay and conned the viewing public. If he had revealed that he was gay he would not have had a career. With sports heroes who are gay - and of course this is a very very tiny demographic..their careers would suffer...so what is the point of revealing someones private life? Why does sexuality have to be a big deal? What was wrong with the old way where private was private?
As I've already explained, due to the nature of his job his sexuality will be revealed if he participates in team functions like the other players.

Some teams have seating set aside for wives and girlfriends of the players. I know this is true at Laker games and has for years.

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Vikings drafted a punter in this years NFL draft. Their current punter is already hinting that his stance for gay rights is why they are trying to "run him outta the league" so to say.
I think everyone is just sick of listening to Kluwe the know it all. He doesn't understand that he makes a million bucks a year kicking a ball and he would make about 20 bucks a year dishing out his ideas and advice.

If not for the NFL he would just be some blowhard working at Taco Bell. That is why the Vikes are going to dump him, the team is sick of listening to him and the management is sick of seeing him quoted in the paper on every hot button topic.

Kluwe is an idiot who doesn't know how insignificant he is and how lucky he is to have a job in the NFL.

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Who cares? I don't care if pro athletes are gay or straight.
Would the public at large respect them more or less if they stepped out of the proverbial closet? The majority of the public is straight and traditional. There are millions of sports fans. Most would respect them less and not more. This is just more social engineering to promote the acceptance of homosexuality. Personally I can not respect a person fully if they are homosexual...that's just me...I have the right to express that lack of respect. MEN...expect their sports idols to be manly and gay is not as manly as straight.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think everyone is just sick of listening to Kluwe the know it all. He doesn't understand that he makes a million bucks a year kicking a ball and he would make about 20 bucks a year dishing out his ideas and advice.

If not for the NFL he would just be some blowhard working at Taco Bell. That is why the Vikes are going to dump him, the team is sick of listening to him and the management is sick of seeing him quoted in the paper on every hot button topic.

Kluwe is an idiot who doesn't know how insignificant he is and how lucky he is to have a job in the NFL.
He went to UCLA, so i doubt he would be working at Taco Bell. I understand you dislike his views, but just blindly attacking him makes no sense.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 AM

I'll be honest. I can't watch Anderson Cooper anymore on CNN since he made a big issue of his sexuality.

I don't think that was appropriate at all for a newsman who is supposed to be unbiased on the issues.

I used to like his show to.

So will I like to find out if my QB is gay? Honestly, if he just plays the game and doesn't make a big deal of it I will probably forget and not care.

I suspect a couple of players in the NFL, but I respect them more for keeping it to themselves than I would if they feel the need to share it like it's some kind of a big deal.

What happened to the strong, silent man who kept his personal feelings to himself and didn't share details?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
He went to UCLA, so i doubt he would be working at Taco Bell. I understand you dislike his views, but just blindly attacking him makes no sense.
On a football scholarship. Now he thinks he knows the meaning of life.

But it seems that his punting sucks the more he talks in public. You can count on him kicking short and into the endzone on Sundays after he does one of his public rants.

He was great before he became the swammi of the NFL.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Kids get beat up for liking Justin Bieber, or wearing the wrong brand of jeans.

Maybe we should concentrate on punishing the aggressor and not the victim.

We should also make sure that our kids can defend themselves against bullies as well.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That is a view that is widely held in our country and around the world. You might find that abhorrent but you can't deny it.
I can't control what others think. I'm asking you if you personally feel that way.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'll be honest. I can't watch Anderson Cooper anymore on CNN since he made a big issue of his sexuality.

I don't think that was appropriate at all for a newsman who is supposed to be unbiased on the issues.

I used to like his show to.

So will I like to find out if my QB is gay? Honestly, if he just plays the game and doesn't make a big deal of it I will probably forget and not care.

I suspect a couple of players in the NFL, but I respect them more for keeping it to themselves than I would if they feel the need to share it like it's some kind of a big deal.

What happened to the strong, silent man who kept his personal feelings to himself and didn't share details?
Anderson Cooper ??? I have not heard Anderson cooper mention his sexuality. Do you mean Don Lemon ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies