Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 04:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c. Maurio View Post
we live in dangerous times. In some cases, like myself, i have lived in more dangerous times than many of you have. And we all have fears. But the biggest fear we should all have is of the republican party. I honestly have never seen such a collection of just sheer idiots in all my life. Even when i was locked up, i was less scared of the other inmates than i am of this bunch. Just the thought of them ever getting into power again makes me shiver. Look at that they are doing in the states they run:

1. Banning abortions and even birth control
2. Banning unions
3. Doing away with income taxes in favor of sales and property taxes so working people pay more while the rich pay zilch.
4. Cracking down on gays and lesbians
5. Trying to dehumanize the mexicans
6. Defunding public education

if they ever gain power again in the white house, this country is done, over, through and finished. You can kiss your social security and medicare benefits good bye even if you live to see 65. Your kids can kiss their education and college hopes good bye. My biggest hope is that they never will regain power again.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
At this stage, its fairly obvious that Republicans are a bigger threat to civil rights, the middle class, minorities, women, gays, the economy, and foreign policy.

If it was up to most of them, theyd take all the money from social assistance and use it to invade Iran. Or is it Syria now? North Korea is so two weeks ago.
The last time I checked it was the Democrats threatening to take away law-abiding citizens firearms, arresting people for exercising their freedom of speech, acting violently towards any who disagree with their communist philosphy, and massively increasing taxes on the middle-class.

Democrats also absolutely hate the US and are doing their level best to destroy the nation. Which is why they refuse to allow any drilling or resource development, and why they are the biggest supporters of al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations (like the Muslim Brotherhood) on the planet. Democrats dance in the streets every time an American is killed. They are beneath contempt and the greatest bane this nation has ever faced.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:29 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I certainly feel contempt for the GOP and its policies, but we do have these things called elections, which (however imperfectly) assure that the same gang can't continue screwing up indefinitely. They have to take turns screwing up. So I wouldn't assume that an occasional GOP victory will destroy the country; more likely it will scare the Democrats into showing some responsibility.

It is heartening that the GOP has lost 5 of the last 6 presidential popular votes.
You have the audacity to put "Democrats" and "responsibility" in the same sentence?

There cannot be anyone more irresponsible than a low-life Democrat. They tax and spend the middle-class into oblivion, care nothing for the rule of law, and will do litterally anything to get their way, including having their opponents killed.

There is nothing on the face of this planet that is more dishonorable than a Democrat. If my dog registered as a Democrat, I would shoot it on the spot.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:34 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Democrats dance in the streets every time an American is killed.

Wow, I guess those cell phone videos got out on YouTube, dang it.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
We live in dangerous times. In some cases, like myself, I have lived in more dangerous times than many of you have. And we all have fears. But the biggest fear we should all have is of the Republican Party. I honestly have never seen such a collection of just sheer idiots in all my life. Even when I was locked up, I was less scared of the other inmates than I am of this bunch. Just the thought of them ever getting into power again makes me shiver. Look at that they are doing in the states they run:

1. Banning abortions AND even birth control
2. Banning unions
3. Doing away with income taxes in favor of sales and property taxes so working people pay more while the rich pay zilch.
5. Trying to dehumanize the Mexicans

If they ever gain power again in the White House, this country is done, over, through and finished. You can kiss your Social Security and Medicare benefits good bye even if you live to see 65. Your kids can kiss their education and college hopes good bye. My biggest hope is that they never will regain power again.
1) you are not a fetus why does banning an abortion scare you
2) How are republican cracking down on gays
the rest of your list is political nonsense

Old 05-08-2013, 05:55 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
We live in dangerous times. In some cases, like myself, I have lived in more dangerous times than many of you have. And we all have fears. But the biggest fear we should all have is of the Republican Party. I honestly have never seen such a collection of just sheer idiots in all my life. Even when I was locked up, I was less scared of the other inmates than I am of this bunch. Just the thought of them ever getting into power again makes me shiver. Look at that they are doing in the states they run:

1. Banning abortions AND even birth control
2. Banning unions
5. Trying to dehumanize the Mexicans

If they ever gain power again in the White House, this country is done, over, through and finished. You can kiss your Social Security and Medicare benefits good bye even if you live to see 65. Your kids can kiss their education and college hopes good bye. My biggest hope is that they never will regain power again.
None of what you describe can happen Mario, The Congress has powers, more so than any one person in the oval office. Republicans would need to control the house, senate and have a R in the oval office, plus, it would take years to repeal social programs because so many Americans have been paying into the system for years and years, people would revolt, no doubt about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies