Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 08:45 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times

Advertisements

There was a time not to long ago when some of British decent looked upon myself of Russian heritage as another race...and not fit to breed with their daughters and sons...My kids great grandmother used to hold my children in contempt and rejected them because "They are another breed. There is no getting around racial mixing...with jet travel being as common as taking a bus...races from all over the world are brought into contact and it's impossible to even attempt to control breeding...besides - so called pure breds are inferior...I have two dogs that are over 12 years old...The "mutt" is strong and doing well...The pure bred Beagle is falling apart...The more genetic material a creature has to draw from the stronger and better it will be...

Look at the pure bred white red necks...are they stronger and smarter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose532 View Post
Let me try to explain. A woman dressed like the person in the video will be viewed as a prostitute or an easy conquest. In my culture, a woman does not wear very revealing clothing, if she wants to be respected.

You STILL aren't allowed to RAPE prostitutes.

Nor are promiscuous women deserving of RAPE.

A woman can walk by a man completely naked and that STILL does not give a man an excuse to RAPE her!

Consent is key.

Revealing clothing can be classy or trashy. A woman can wear a burka and be a prostitute. A woman can wear a low cut dress and walk a Hollywood red carpet with a million dollars in jewels on her neck.

Nudity and the human body is not sinful.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 AM

138 posts, read 154,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
That is not the reasoning at all - and there are strict conditions. A Muslim man my marry a Jew or Xtian in a Muslim society. The reasoning for the male/female issue is that traditionally children are the religion of the father.

In a non Muslim society, this is not allowed (to marry a non Muslim). In an Islamic society, social factors act to support the Islamic identity, but this is a complex issue. Read a book my Tim Winter or something to learn about Islam.
The children are the central point, that is what I meant by, his will (meaning he will want his children to be raised as Muslims and brought up as such). I see that many viewed it as me stating women are objects, that is not what I was implying at all, especially as a woman.

107 posts, read 116,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There was a time not to long ago when some of British decent looked upon myself of Russian heritage as another race...and not fit to breed with their daughters and sons...My kids great grandmother used to hold my children in contempt and rejected them because "They are another breed. There is no getting around racial mixing...with jet travel being as common as taking a bus...races from all over the world are brought into contact and it's impossible to even attempt to control breeding...besides - so called pure breds are inferior...I have two dogs that are over 12 years old...The "mutt" is strong and doing well...The pure bred Beagle is falling apart...The more genetic material a creature has to draw from the stronger and better it will be...

Look at the pure bred white red necks...are they stronger and smarter?
You can find that Pure bred white on your paper money in your pocket.

Additionally, pure bred whites invented that computer you're using. And the software it uses. And this little thing called the internet in which we're communicating through.

The idea that mixed people are somehow better is a farce. In fact, European and Asian mixes are highly susceptible to diabetes as an example.

Yes. Globalization is responsible for race mixing.

But just like Tiger species, human bio diversity and identity should be preserved in the name of diversity.

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
What about the woman, wearing tight pants and revealing clothing? Her native Sudanese clothing aren't those items that she is wearing. I am trying to understand, not judge.
I'm going to make this as simple as I can.

Women are human beings.
Men are human beings.
Having a penis does not give a man super powers. His judgement is no better or worse than a womans.

ALL humans should be allowed to live as they choose, wear what they choose, have what ever religion they choose.

If this woman wants to wear a bikini walking down the street, that is HER choice.
If this woman wants to wear traditional Sudanese clothing, that is HER choice.
If this woman wants to wear traditional Muslim clothing, that is HER choice.
If this woman wants to wear a clown costume, that is HER choice.

Women have minds of their own, and can make decisions for themselves.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:52 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
That is not the reasoning at all - and there are strict conditions. A Muslim man my marry a Jew or Xtian in a Muslim society. The reasoning for the male/female issue is that traditionally children are the religion of the father.

In a non Muslim society, this is not allowed (to marry a non Muslim). In an Islamic society, social factors act to support the Islamic identity, but this is a complex issue. Read a book my Tim Winter or something to learn about Islam.

actually I wasnt really talking about Islam, so much as the difference between the west where men simply cannot get away with the nonsense of controling their women.... or even the utter nonsense of kids being raised in the religion of one parent because of their sex....

I was strictly speaking about western culture where men and women are far more likely to be on equal footing. And in non-western cultures where men domininate and women are chattle.

On a personal note, As a white, conservative southerner, I have no issue whatsoever with mixed race marriage. I do believe that it is far better for the couple to iron out cultural and religious differences.

On the cultural side, celebration of varried heritage is the main thing. How awsome for a kid to know that they have recived from their parents such varried cultural heritage as you would find in some ancient culture and from the other something totally different?

Religion on the otherhand is far more tricky. For some, where matters of faith are more fluid, and less stratified, it problably is not a big issue. But for those who's faith is central to their being, it would be far better for thier own happiness as well as for the adjustment of their children to be raised in a home where both parents share a common belief structure. Whatever that belief structure is.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
The children are the central point, that is what I meant by, his will (meaning he will want his children to be raised as Muslims and brought up as such). I see that many viewed it as me stating women are objects, that is not what I was implying at all, especially as a woman.
What about HER will?
Does the woman have to defer her own desire for man will?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 AM

138 posts, read 154,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Traditional African garb would be far more revealing than any Islam-imposed dress that was brought to the continent.

Do they show anthropology videos in the Muslim world?
I am referring to her as a Sudanese Muslim. Most Muslim Sudanese women do wear hijab and their Sudanese garments.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Let me try to explain. A woman dressed like the person in the video will be viewed as a prostitute or an easy conquest. In my culture, a woman does not wear very revealing clothing, if she wants to be respected.
Hey. Dress for comfort. Especially during warm weather. Now that doesn't mean coming into the office dressing in skimpy clothing, as it's called there is a time and place for everything. I have a step aunt who truly dresses like a puritan (minus the bonnet) because my step uncle is a Baptist minister, and feels that women wearing jeans is a sin! I've never seen the woman wear a pair of slacks in my life. Seriously, if this is religious, does anyone truly think that God gives a crap about what someone wears or not? Weren't we all born without clothes? Why are people so ashamed of the human body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You STILL aren't allowed to RAPE prostitutes.

Nor are promiscuous women deserving of RAPE.

A woman can walk by a man completely naked and that STILL does not give a man an excuse to RAPE her!

Consent is key.

Revealing clothing can be classy or trashy. A woman can wear a burka and be a prostitute. A woman can wear a low cut dress and walk a Hollywood red carpet with a million dollars in jewels on her neck.

Nudity and the human body is not sinful.

I agree with everything you said.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
I am referring to her as a Sudanese Muslim. Most Muslim Sudanese women do wear hijab and their Sudanese garments.
Only because that culture was imposed on them in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies