Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do to women who get abortions?
Nothing at all. 67 79.76%
Death penalty. 6 7.14%
Life in prison 2 2.38%
1-10 years in prison 9 10.71%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:57 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
For the record, I support abortion. I believe it should be safe, legal, low cost and available on request to any pregnant female who wants one, no matter what her reasons are, and she should not need permission from anyone else either. I myself find children to be absolutely tedious and exhausting. If I found out I was pregnant and I couldn't get an abortion in my area, I would simply travel to another area where I could get an abortion. If that wasn't possible, I would choose suicide or DIY abortion (aren't they both essentially the same?)

I aimed the original post at pro-lifers who believe that abortion is exactly the same as murdering an autonomous human being, but somehow believe that women who have abortions should receive special treatment, namely "counseling" instead of prison/death penalty which murderers get.
WOW, have you ever considered getting your tubes tied? Never fear though the morning after pill will be available most places soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 09:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And you think abortionist Gosnell loved women, he thought he did. That's why he butchered so many of them by helping them when they got pregnant. Just because it made him a multi-millionaire was just a side note.
You are talking in circles Janelle. I didn't mention Gosnell (who broke many laws btw) so you did, because you needed to refute something. Because you couldn't work with what I wrote. Are you seeing a pattern here? Everyone else is.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Positive assertion. Time to prove that claim. Statistical data will suffice from a non-biased source. Thanks!

Abortion is the Unchoice
[SIZE=1]>[/SIZE] 64% of American women felt pressured by others1
[SIZE=1]>[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]More than half felt rushed or uncertain, yet 67% received no
counseling
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]>[/SIZE] [SIZE=2] 79% were not told about available alternatives[/SIZE][SIZE=2]1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]>[/SIZE] 84[SIZE=2]% said they were not fully informed[/SIZE][SIZE=2]1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]>[/SIZE] 65% suffer symptoms of trauma[SIZE=2]1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]>[/SIZE] Coercion can escalate to violence, putting women & children at risk2
[SIZE=1]>[/SIZE]Coerced abortion is an internationally recognized and illegal human
rights abuse4
[SIZE=1]>[/SIZE][SIZE=2] Homicide is the leading killer of pregnant women[/SIZE]3
[SIZE=1]> [/SIZE] After abortion, maternal death rates are 4 times higher6
[SIZE=1]> [/SIZE] Post-abortion suicide rates are 6 times higher within the first year7

You will never accept my sources though, but I won't ever get anything like this from PP. I think PP will be your only believable source.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikatz View Post
I am watchingand waiting for mybeautiful granddaughter to die from an untreatable genetic disorder. Her condition could have been detected in utero at 10 weeks. Abortion may have saved her and my family from immense physical and emotional torture and suffering.Most commentators have not and would not be able to walk 10 feet in our shoes.
How heartbreaking. I am so very, very sorry.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You are talking in circles Janelle. I didn't mention Gosnell (who broke many laws btw) so you did, because you needed to refute something. Because you couldn't work with what I wrote. Are you seeing a pattern here? Everyone else is.
But Gosnell's attorney said Gosnell's clinic was just like all the other abortion clinics around the country. It's abortion and abortion isn't pretty. He should be acquitted. I think a lot of people are starting to believe that.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
An ectopic pregnancy is ok to abort and the Church would say it is. The baby has no chance to survive or the mother.
The church? Who cares what the church says?
If you want to live your life according to some arbitrary man-made rules, more power to you
However the church has no business in other womens' private and personal affairs.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yeah, throw society at large in jail.

We need to protect people but we can't protect them from themselves. No law can. If someone is going to be pressured to do something they have the legal right not to do we can't fix it with more laws. Those people who are pressured (ie: "forced") obviously aren't standing on their own or being independent anyway. They can't care for themselves much less a baby. I'm not condoning anything, but you have to ask yourself WHY someone can be pressured (ie:"forced") into doing anything. If you want to prevent that you basically have to take control of their life for them, which we can't do to adults. Unless it's criminal, like tying someone up and forcing an abortion on them, THEY are making the final call.
I never said that, you did. See a pattern? I said leave it up to the woman to do the punishment. You must not have read about the women who are killed by their boyfriend or husband when they won't go get an abortion.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The church? Who cares what the church says?
The woman who posted about ectopic pregnancy must have since she brought it up.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:18 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
And you think abortionist Gosnell loved women, he thought he did. That's why he butchered so many of them by helping them when they got pregnant. Just because it made him a multi-millionaire was just a side note.

I don't get it. So now you care about about women during an abortion. Where was all this caring when abortion was illegal and this happened all the time.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I recall calling her out on this and the source ended up being from one of the health depts. The catch is that women are choosing to have an abortion because they might lose their job, bf, or another aspect of their life will be hampered. The anti abortion blogs run with that and call it force.
That's because you never read the women's stories. Having someone threaten to kill you can be a threat don't you agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies