Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 04:15 PM

62,736 posts, read 28,935,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
We live in a global economy, I don't mind the competition because the job market already favors the business who will outsource the job either way. At least with restrictions lifted I can move freely throughout the world to compete for jobs.

America holds its own people hostage, while businesses can operate internationally with impunity.
Global economy? How about we worry about our own economy and make sure that all able bodied Americans have jobs? So since you admit that oursourcing is a problem and I ageee with that why would you advocate insourcing of foreigners to take what jobs are left?

You might want to move freely around the world to work but most Americans want to live and work in their own country where their roots and families reside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 04:19 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,295,710 times
I'm stating the fact that businesses are outsourcing the jobs, and nothing you can do to stop them. Americans should be afforded the right to work globally...and that won't happen as long as the country keeps people out, especially the citizens of our closest allies.

Again its anti liberty, anti freedom to think otherwise.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:24 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,352,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
I'm stating the fact that businesses are outsourcing the jobs, and nothing you can do to stop them. Americans should be afforded the right to work globally...and that won't happen as long as the country keeps people out, especially the citizens of our closest allies.
You're assuming our "closest allies" want or need Americans to move there.

They don't. It's actually quite difficult as an American to move anywhere in Europe or Asia, and it doesn't have anything to do with AMERICAN immigration policy.

Free and open borders in America ONLY makes sense where there's reciprocity, so that American workers displaced by foreigners willing to work cheaper would have the ability to move on somewhere else where (hopefully) they would be in demand.

As it is, those who DO have skills that are in demand have more options for immigration in other countries than a run of the mill clerk or office denizens.

Countries have a duty to their people first, and they should not abrogate that duty for the sake of citizens of foreign lands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania
Again its anti liberty, anti freedom to think otherwise.
This is an odd way to look at things.

The only ones keeping you in America are other countries who don't want or need Americans. America does not force you to stay here, so if you ever get a chance to leave, America is not going to beg you to stay.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,309,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Evidently the entire concept of sovereignty doesnt exist in your mind.
I've simply asked a question.

From where does a nation derive the right to deny entry?

Old 05-02-2013, 05:12 PM

144 posts, read 122,790 times
It's part and parcel to controlling your territory, which is part and parcel to the concept of sovereignty.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:18 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,154,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is one thing you are missing. We don't need anymore foreign competition for jobs here. With illegal immigration and outsourcing our job oportunities are non existant except in some fields.
Interesting, should Australia have the same rules as the USA when it comes to Americans ?

Old 05-02-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Interesting, should Australia have the same rules as the USA when it comes to Americans ?
Every country has the right to set their own policies.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Every country has the right to set their own policies.
From where does one group of people derive the right to deny rights to other people?

Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
From where does one group of people derive the right to deny rights to other people?
You're starting to sound like a broken record or a squawking parrot now. I said I don't answer ridiculous questions and yours is one of the most ridiculous ones I have ever heard. Geez, how old are you? I suggest you get off your mommy's computer. Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
You're starting to sound like a broken record or a squawking parrot now. I said I don't answer ridiculous questions and your is one of the most ridiculous ones I have ever heard. Welcome to my ignore list.
Can't answer it, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies