U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,257,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEYLO16 View Post
Haha :P well to be honest..yes there are less "skitters"(mosquitos) where I am but they dont bother me too much because you can use bug spray but my thing is spiders! At least here in Michigan, I have not seen one spider since I've been living here! I think it is because it is a bit more north than Quebec, therefore colder! Amen! but in more northern regions of Canada there are less spiders too but that means colder!
Only the very upper part of Michigan is more northern that any portion of Quebec. I'm originally from the Detroit-area in Michigan and, believe me, the spiders do come out! I take a more active interest in them being a entomologist by hobby. There are certainly no lack of insects in Michigan. The mosquitoes breed at a large clip in open pools of water an garbage bins left open to the rain. Also, on the lakes there is a mass infestation every summer of various insects, including fish flies. They are quite lovely things that don't allow you to walk down the street unless you want a huge horde in your face. They die in 24 hours and then eventually you will see massive piles of dead fish flies pushed to the curbs and the skeletons of thousands plastered on every building. Yes... there is no escape! They also smell quite funky... Yes, well, I can only hope your Michigan adventures are better than mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 10:25 AM

18,330 posts, read 10,403,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
A pretty self-explanatory thread. This was inspired by my fiancee, who is a Canadian citizen. We were discussing the political views of many American conservatives and she mentioned that many may feel that Canadians exchange their "freedoms". What do you think?
I wonder, given the current events occupying the daily news down there, if your girl friend has reconsidered her opinion or perhaps is now willing to consider it might be a fair "exchange" given the now very visible altertnative?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:44 PM

****CRICKETS!****

Boy; with all the stuff currently going on within the U.S., this thread seems to be an embarrassing pariah right now.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 PM

15,087 posts, read 12,030,912 times
Quote:
Also, on the lakes there is a mass infestation every summer of various insects, including fish flies. They are quite lovely things that don't allow you to walk down the street unless you want a huge horde in your face. They die in 24 hours and then eventually you will see massive piles of dead fish flies pushed to the curbs and the skeletons of thousands plastered on every building
Fish flies? Areyou talking about mayflies?

Old 05-17-2013, 04:04 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,738,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
****CRICKETS!****

Boy; with all the stuff currently going on within the U.S., this thread seems to be an embarrassing pariah right now.
What stuff?

Old 05-17-2013, 04:43 PM

3,742 posts, read 2,597,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
What stuff?
Already gotten used to the new normal of abject incompetence and corruption from the White House and surrounds, I see!!! Sad, very sad - eh.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:14 PM

Haar! I gotta back off on this. No need to rub salt, as it were.

This too shall pass.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,738,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Already gotten used to the new normal of abject incompetence and corruption from the White House and surrounds, I see!!! Sad, very sad - eh.
Those incidents don't really affect me and most Americans though.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,316,229 times
In a word yes. Liberalism is a way of life.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 PM

3,742 posts, read 2,597,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Those incidents don't really affect me and most Americans though.
Not if your head is firmly planted in the sand, or perhaps elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or