Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 10:05 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What the hell is wrong with you? That's not what I said at all! First of all, I'm a girl. Secondly, you're wrong about everything else as well. I was making more money in the US, but there's more to life than money. That's why I came home. I'd rather make less and live in a saner, more compassionate place.
"If I have those degrees at all?" How about if I doubt you've ever lived here at all?
I wish I could make the move north to the most perfect country in the world...
Here, every time I go somewhere I see people fighting, shooting each other, people getting mugged, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 10:43 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Here, every time I go somewhere I see people fighting, shooting each other, people getting mugged, etc...
I sense your sarcasm and while no one is claiming Canada to be perfect; perhaps the time has never been better since Watergate to claim that it's at least as "free" as the place many claim to be 'numero uno' in that regard.

Watching the trifecta (a VERY conservative estimate of the number of debacles) of current events unfolding in the U.S., if nothing else, reinforces our universally held opinion that we are occupying a saner patch of real-estate FOR THE TIME BEING!

The Constitution is ALWAYS held up as a shining example of superiority over those country's that have a different arrangement and quoted verbatim as being a document that has, and will guarantee:

Freedom of speech ~

Freedom of the press ~

Freedom to belong to the political mindset of one's choice without fear of discrimination ~

Freedom from Government persecution ~

At the current rate of abrogation of all of these 'so-called' rights as outlined in the Constitution, it must have more than just a few of you alarmed and perhaps willing to re-consider your 'freedom' assessment of your neighbour to the north. Perhaps?

Old 05-22-2013, 01:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Who said it was the most perfect country in the world? Only you, so thanks for the compliment.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Who said it was the most perfect country in the world? Only you, so thanks for the compliment.
Do i dare ask again what you think life is like in the U.S.A and how it is in Canada?

Old 05-22-2013, 02:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Do i dare ask again what you think life is like in the U.S.A and how it is in Canada?
What I THINK life is like in the USA? I used to live in the USA.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
And, for my part I live 6 months of each year in both.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
What I THINK life is like in the USA? I used to live in the USA.
Lol okay

Old 05-22-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And, for my part I live 6 months of each year in both.
Florida? Arizona?
Summer in Canada and Winter in America is good living!

Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
Can't wait to see all the insightful responses this question gets in this particular forum Where most of the responders don't know the least thing about Canada apart from hearsay.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:53 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,514,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Can't wait to see all the insightful responses this question gets in this particular forum Where most of the responders don't know the least thing about Canada apart from hearsay.
Don't worry Plenty of Canadians jumped into the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies