U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 02:48 PM

489 posts, read 529,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Facts? Oh boy....yes I do. Simple answer, read "Quiverfull" by Kathryn Joyce. It's just a start, there are countless blogs and forums online as well but that's a whole other ballgame and not really appropriate for this thread. You can also watch the Duggars on TV, that's simple enough for anyone to do.
What does quiver full have to do with anything homeschool related, other than most QF's homeschool. I don't think it follows that most of them are isolationists. Do they probably keep a watchful eye on who their children are associating with? I'm sure mostly the answer would be yes, and that is as it should be. The Duggar's to me are not a strong argument against homeschooling. I would take one of their well-mannered polite and accomplished children any day over the Neanderthal teens I see loitering at malls and other such places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 04:30 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,525,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm starting to think you have more of a personal problem, homeschoolers I know are driving their selves by 16 They also have jobs to pay for the car, most homeschool parents don't seek to provide all their childrens wants.
You know, I think part of the problem with homeschoolers and their parents is that they shut their eyes and ears to the world and go, "lalalalalalalala!"

I don't know what the hell you're talking about driving or whatever, but I AM TALKING ABOUT the kids spending all their time with MOMMY, getting their schooling from MOMMY, seeing MOMMY from the moment they wake up till they go to sleep, having no privacy from MOMMY, any time "away" is not really "away" because it's with MOMMY, and it's one hell of a MOMMY DEAREST ridiculous situation. And yes, I know homeschoolers, I know homeschooling parents. Let me say it again, IT'S A SICK SITUATION. It's like sticking one's kids under one's skirt until they are 18. Sick.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
You make up a lot of stuff on threads like this. You don't know many home schooled families. I'm not sure you even have children.

There are a lot of f'd up kids currently in public and private schools.
You betcha I know many homeschoolers. And you want to know something interesting about homeschoolers and homeschooling parents? They can look at a totally whacko, nutso kid, raised in homeschooling and they don't see that it's made them totally f'd up. They see him/her as perfectly normal.

I've come to realize that homeschoolers and homeschooling parents are, for the most part, all nuts.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:25 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,110,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You betcha I know many homeschoolers. And you want to know something interesting about homeschoolers and homeschooling parents? They can look at a totally whacko, nutso kid, raised in homeschooling and they don't see that it's made them totally f'd up. They see him/her as perfectly normal.

I've come to realize that homeschoolers and homeschooling parents are, for the most part, all nuts.
You said you are a teacher in another thread? I'd hate to be in your classroom, probably some left liberal talking point echo chamber

Quote:
You know, I think part of the problem with homeschoolers and their parents is that they shut their eyes and ears to the world and go, "lalalalalalalala!"

I don't know what the hell you're talking about driving or whatever, but I AM TALKING ABOUT the kids spending all their time with MOMMY, getting their schooling from MOMMY, seeing MOMMY from the moment they wake up till they go to sleep, having no privacy from MOMMY, any time "away" is not really "away" because it's with MOMMY, and it's one hell of a MOMMY DEAREST ridiculous situation. And yes, I know homeschoolers, I know homeschooling parents. Let me say it again, IT'S A SICK SITUATION. It's like sticking one's kids under one's skirt until they are 18. Sick.
Seriously, what is your problem? You're not displaying the normal type of criticism that other posters have posted. You have a personal problem with homeschooling, your posts reek of hatred or grudges not professional criticism since you yourself are a teacher, or so you say.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You said you are a teacher in another thread? I'd hate to be in your classroom, probably some left liberal talking point echo chamber

Seriously, what is your problem? You're not displaying the normal type of criticism that other posters have posted. You have a personal problem with homeschooling, your posts reek of hatred or grudges not professional criticism since you yourself are a teacher, or so you say.

I think homeschooling is for the most part, a sort of Abuse Lite.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I think homeschooling is for the most part, a sort of Abuse Lite.
Why?

Old 05-04-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why?
It's a form of imprisonment, brainwashing, and then when the kids are nice and f'd up, off they're sent into the world to try to get used to the real world, and try to learn everything they should've learned and were prevented from. Abuse.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:55 PM

489 posts, read 529,137 times
Oh, no....it gets worse! Sarita, you are a public school teacher? Why in the living daylights would I want to place my child in your care to be indoctrinated by your hateful and twisted worldview for 8 hours a day?

I have met too many school teachers like you. I have had school teachers like you. I don't care to ever subject my child to that sort of abuse.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
Oh, no....it gets worse! Santa, you are a public school teacher? Why in the living daylights would I want to place my child in your care to be indoctrinated by your hateful and twisted worldview for 8 hours a day?

I have met too many school teachers like you. I have had school teachers like you. I don't care to ever subject my child to that sort of abuse.
:::twilight zone music:::

LOL

Whom are you talking to? I don't think it's December, last I checked Santa was a mythological figure, and I hope you're responding to someone else.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
It's a form of imprisonment, brainwashing, and then when the kids are nice and f'd up, off they're sent into the world to try to get used to the real world, and try to learn everything they should've learned and were prevented from. Abuse.
Do you have any proof, besides limited anecdotal evidence, to back this up? Because I can tell you with my anecdotal evidence that I've seen kids from public school just as shy, maladjusted, and unsociable as to what you are describing. I came from a working class neighborhood in Puerto Rico, and I'll tell you the kids are not very nice people. I'd rather kids from certain segments of our society would have had the opportunity to be homeschooled, than pressured to join street gangs when they are 13 or get tortured or themselves or their family killed for not joining. THAT is abuse, real abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies