Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:59 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,912,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
AGW appears to be the reason the global climate did not fall back into an ice age 8,000 years ago. I have studied this topic and am far more concerned with a return to the "normal" ice age climate than with continued global warming.

FWIW - I have observed the changes in New England crops over the last 50 years and we are now growing mid Atlantic crops in Northern New England. That is the result of a warming climate. The warming is real but so is the data from the Greenland and Antarctic ice cores.

Tabloids have always published hyperbolic nonsense. I ignore the noise.

I must cling to it... must... have my hypothesis be correct! It is correct I tell you! It is true! For the climate prophets tell me so! I will not lose faith, I will believe and foster the hope that the savior of our climate belief will save us! Climen.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM

23,526 posts, read 23,863,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Seems like your real problem stemmed from reading an already outdated, 20 year old popular science book when you were younger and interpreting it as current scientific fact.
Actually, the hardcover was first published in 1990. I bought the paperback, probably in about '92. Hardly "an already outdated, 20 year old popular science book."

Maybe your problem is that you're one of those know-it-alls I was discussing before, and that you "knew" I was talking about Ehrlich's earlier book, The Population Bomb. I wasn't. That failure is on you, my friend, not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I've only become more liberal as I've gotten older.
My condolences, but really, there's no reason to burden us with your emotional and mental challenges. Take it to a shrink.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,889,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Did you ever consider getting information from respectable climate scientists instead...or is that just an impossibility in your head?
WAUGH you mean like Al Orgasm, cometh from the mouth.........

Serious man if it's coming it's coming

(Yawn) I just tilled my garden today all 60 x 100.

In the morning in will set up the pumps, and then till the other little garden 16 x 40.

I might even take MM gw serious if i wasn't a good mechanic, and if my local weather station was in on the data which it wasn't. I guess Mt Washington Data would throw off the data that was wanted...

I will eat no matter hat anyone else does, and i will know where all the food i eat comes from.

So far as i am concerned the longer it is warmer the better off my crops will be.

I already eat past harvest and it's getting to be into the next harvest.I end up composting good foods to eat just because they are old.

Another thing is I grew up on the coast and the road there is still the road there. The way you fools talk that road should be under water by now..... it isn't...... Same road for all of my 60 years and for all of them that road goes under water in storms.

Anytime you feel like getting stupid you are free to pick on me, because i don't mind calling fools out.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,572,060 times
We brokje a 100 eyar record fot rlow temoerature last night and are said to be likely to break that tongiht agsi for May.I thinperhs some get drught death mixed up with global warming deaths ;draught has cause deaths for centuries in lots of areas druigthe cycling of weather.Global warmig a I don't doubt but that has occurred ebfore also then gotten colder.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,405,195 times
Default 4.5 billion will DIE from global warming.

Breaking news...

All 7 billion people on earth right now are facing certain death.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:53 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,840,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
...Global Warming but does that mean we should allow mass emitting of CO2 and everything will be fine? The earth is like a garage in a sense, you can turn a car on in the garage with the door closed and eventually the people who are in the garage will slowly but surely die.
CO2 = Carbon Dioxide

CO = Carbon Monoxide the gas associated with people dying in an enclosed space with the engine running...

Having said that both can kill you, at about 4% CO2 can begin to affect humans. We need another 25K years before we reach that level....

Old 05-03-2013, 07:55 PM

29,667 posts, read 24,706,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Actually, global warming will extend the growing season in the north hemisphere and for every bit of land made unsuitable for growing crops, much more will become suitable, especially in countries like Russia and Canada.
And they'll be growing grapes and making wine in England once more!

Environmentalists, you so silly!

Old 05-03-2013, 07:59 PM

45,024 posts, read 60,030,742 times
There's just something wrong with combining England and wine in the same sentence.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 PM

29,965 posts, read 18,525,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I must cling to it... must... have my hypothesis be correct! It is correct I tell you! It is true! For the climate prophets tell me so! I will not lose faith, I will believe and foster the hope that the savior of our climate belief will save us! Climen.
This, of course, is the problem with cultists vs scientists-

1. cultists accept that a supposition is initially true, then ask for confirmation

2. cultists denounce questioning of a position, despite good scientific evidence refuting the initial claim

3. cultists ignore any "opposition data" as irrelevent, due to methodological effects, but accept supporting "data" with the same problems.

4. cultists promote the perpetuation of false data in the media, in order to gain "public opinion" for a viewpoint. Objective science does not care about "public opinion".

"Global Warming" is one of the biggest hoaxes in the last hundred years, rivaling the Cardiff Giant. It is a supposition, promoted in the absence of objective scientific data, which has been promoted and perpetuated by a media eager to advance a political agenda.

Libs- Unless you have a background in ACADEMIC SCIENCE, perhaps you should sit back and be silent, lest you expose your ignorance again. BAD SCIENCE is equally deleterious to mankind as false, politically motivated "science", which can have disasterous consequences for the planet.

Learn from the mistakes of this misguided political hoax, which violated all the objective perameters of science. Liberals, of course, will never learn.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 05-03-2013 at 08:33 PM..

Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,365,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What year was this prediction made?

BTW, we just got 8" of white, fluffy global warming yesterday, IT'S MAY!!!!
We are suppose to get snow tonight and tomorrow. May the Fourth be with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies