U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 08:26 AM

92 posts, read 53,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Maybe paying Big Al assuages their guilty feelings.
What guilt would that be?

Old 05-04-2013, 08:27 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,355,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
LOL, it's May 4th and I have snow on my grass still. The coldest spring since the 1800's and these morons have the audacity to blame the cold on global warming. That's how stupid they think we are.
Tell me about it..Texas in May with 40 degrees.
If it doesn't warm up soon I'm going to be harvesting cucumbers from my seed starting table in the garage !

Old 05-04-2013, 08:29 AM

29,518 posts, read 16,434,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Abby View Post
What guilt would that be?
The AGW lemmings usually feel guilty about their lifestyle. They learned that guilt from Al Gore and his buddies.

Of course Al doesn't feel guilty about being a huge consumer of energy. He's above the little people.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:36 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,051,615 times
Quote:
Well, I'm not a "right wing freak", but I'm happy. And I would enjoy a little global warming. I hate cold weather.
Me too and I live in a state that gets more than its fair share.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 AM

2,122 posts, read 1,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Tell me about it..Texas in May with 40 degrees.
If it doesn't warm up soon I'm going to be harvesting cucumbers from my seed starting table in the garage !
lol! That's where I am. One entire room of my house is full of lighting and starter plants, but too damn cold to plant. Cops probably think I have a grow operation here lol

Old 05-04-2013, 08:51 AM

92 posts, read 53,484 times
Quote:
The AGW lemmings usually feel guilty about their lifestyle. They learned that guilt from Al Gore and his buddies.

Of course Al doesn't feel guilty about being a huge consumer of energy. He's above the little people.
I believe in global warming to some extent, man made or otherwise. I don't feel guilty about anything. I just try to limit my impact when possible. We have to take from the earth to live on it, but we can limit what we take. If we do it doesn't make us left wing gay tree hugging leftist communists. Just makes us interested in the future health of the planet and it's people. Most liberals are interested in a healthy planet and a good economy.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:15 AM

17,850 posts, read 20,185,118 times
A lot of people have really screwy ideas. It is only when those screwy ideas cost us money that we *****. The religion of Global Warming is costing American taxpayers billions every year. If you want to have a screwy idea, by all means knock yourself out, but do not ask me or mine to pay for your religion.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-05-2013 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 05-04-2013, 09:15 AM

9,066 posts, read 5,596,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Seems like your real problem stemmed from reading an already outdated, 20 year old popular science book when you were younger and interpreting it as current scientific fact.
There is so much one can glean from this simple statement, and it reveals the true flaw that dominates the liberal mind. "Trend-itis" .... that is the underlying disease to which all liberals suffer, ready to fully embrace any new trend that captures their imaginations, hearts and minds. Now, if this "tendency" could be kept sequestered, and reserved for subjective things like fashion and cuisine, then there is little harm in such a whimsical approach to life. However, when this trendiness delves into and disrupts foundational structures, the results can be disastrous. And this is what liberals simply cannot grasp.

This mindset is also the prerequisite for facilitating the "sucker born every minute" scenario. When traditional history and science fact can be dismissed so casually as outdated ... and replaced with new, unproven concepts, simply because they are new ... the fool is born again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I've only become more liberal as I've gotten older. Don't really want to end up a greedy bitter old white conservative male. Especially since that would also end up involving a sex change.
This is a sad commentary to the catch 22 reality that you simply don't know what you don't know, and if you reject the possibility that you could be wrong, you are in severe danger of being forever trapped in a perpetual state of ignorance, with no hope of becoming any smarter tomorrow than you were yesterday.

The truth is, there really are good reasons why wheels are round. That shape just works better than square ones, or oblong ones. And that truth doesn't make one a "square-phobic", just rational. But don't think that fanciful inventors haven't tried other shapes. They have, but realized the folly in such changes. That doesn't mean that certain things aren't better oblong or square .. just not good for wheels. This same concept can be applied to many things that the liberal mind confuses with being the antiquated, out of date thinking of the "greedy bitter white conservative male", when the reality is that embracing such traditional approaches to many things is simply a demonstration of the wisdom to accept the round wheel reality.

This concept is appropriately summed up in a quote from Thomas Sowell (who is not a greedy bitter old white male) when he said "much of the history of western civilization for the past three decades has been a history of replacing what worked, with what sounded good". No statement captures the true essence of liberalism than this abandonment of tried and true methods, for trendy new ideas.

Another person (?) said ... "By the time you reach your mid 20's, if you are not a liberal, you have no heart. But by the time you reach your mid 40's, if you are not a conservative, you have no brain".

Becoming even more liberal as you have gotten older, is really a bad sign. This is like looking back at yourself in the hairstyles, and donned in the trendy clothing of 1970's fashion, and still believing you looked fabulous, rather than shrieking in horror, wondering how you could have ever been convinced to wear such clownish attire.

Unfortunately, for some people, wisdom is not the inevitable outcome of advancing age.

Regards,
GuyNTexas
Generous, wise, conservative male that would require far more than a sex change for you to equal.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:16 AM

21,331 posts, read 11,538,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
lol! That's where I am. One entire room of my house is full of lighting and starter plants, but too damn cold to plant. Cops probably think I have a grow operation here lol
HAHA, watch that electric bill! A sure sign of a "grower"

Old 05-04-2013, 09:22 AM

15,847 posts, read 30,289,119 times
Yesterday we got about .6 of an inch of snow. Temperatures have been hovering around freezing for two days. It's May 4th. Yeah, baby, that global warming is a booger.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or