Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Yesterday we got about .6 of an inch of snow. Temperatures have been hovering around freezing for two days. It's May 4th. Yeah, baby, that global warming is a booger.

20yrsinBranson
We got 2" of snow last night, and it is currently 34°F. I still have a foot of snow on the ground.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:38 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Abby View Post
I believe in global warming to some extent, man made or otherwise. I don't feel guilty about anything. I just try to limit my impact when possible. We have to take from the earth to live on it, but we can limit what we take. If we do it doesn't make us left wing gay tree hugging leftist communists. Just makes us interested in the future health of the planet and it's people.
I totally agree. And I'm an environmentalist. I just don't believe the AGW garbage.

Quote:
Most liberals are interested in a healthy planet and a good economy.
As are most conservatives.

Are you aware that George Bush designated the largest marine sanctuary in the world? Are you aware of his "green" house in Texas? It's in stark contrast to Al Gore's energy eating mansion.

Liberals certainly do not have it over conservatives when it comes to the environment.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:57 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I totally agree. And I'm an environmentalist. I just don't believe the AGW garbage.

As are most conservatives.

Are you aware that George Bush designated the largest marine sanctuary in the world? Are you aware of his "green" house in Texas? It's in stark contrast to Al Gore's energy eating mansion.

Liberals certainly do not have it over conservatives when it comes to the environment.
Indeed. I support the preservation of wetlands, as a member of Ducks Unlimited. I always pack out my trash when camping, and always maintain a clean camp (particularly in bear country). I fully support conservation of wildlife so that future generations have the ability to hunt without depleting the resources.

In fact, I do not know how any conservative would not also be a conservationist.

I love my State and want to preserve the rugged wilderness and abundance of wildlife just the way it is so that future generations can awe at the majesty that is Alaska.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:32 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Abby View Post
I believe in global warming to some extent, man made or otherwise. I don't feel guilty about anything. I just try to limit my impact when possible. We have to take from the earth to live on it, but we can limit what we take. If we do it doesn't make us left wing gay tree hugging leftist communists. Just makes us interested in the future health of the planet and it's people. Most liberals are interested in a healthy planet and a good economy.

Believe what you like. Live according to that belief all you want. Don't however think you can dictate to others that they should live according to your beliefs or you put yourself in the same category of every other religious zealot out there.

The problem is that those pushing this agenda know this and so they latch on like a parasite to respectable formats (ie science) and manipulate them in order to demand conformation to their dogma.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:23 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
We got 2" of snow last night, and it is currently 34°F. I still have a foot of snow on the ground.
Another 70+ degree day in Ohio. Light clouds, low humidity....ahhhhhh....

Old 05-04-2013, 01:28 PM

92 posts, read 66,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Another 70+ degree day in Ohio. Light clouds, low humidity....ahhhhhh....
Here too, in PA. I hope it lasts all summer.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:02 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
"Runaway Global Warming promises to literally burn-up agricultural areas into dust worldwide by 2012, causing global famine, anarchy, diseases, and war on a global scale as military powers including the U.S., Russia, and China, fight for control of the Earth's remaining resources.
Over 4.5 billion people could die from Global Warming related causes by 2012, as planet Earth accelarates into a greed-driven horrific catastrophe."

Meanwhile it is 2013 and no one has died from global warming yet.

Why anyone takes the global warming morons seriously is beyond belief, these people are too stupid to take their laughable predictions off their website. lols.

The Canadian National Newspaper: Over 4.5 Billion people could die from Global Warming-related causes by 2012
"In 1968, a guy named Erlich wrote a book called "The Population Bomb" and claimed that within a few years, overpopulation was going to destroy the planet and by the 1970s hundreds of millions of people were going to starve to death because of it. For decades fertility rates had been declining but interestingly, at the exact time he preached doom and gloom, 1968, fertility rates sank like a stone. That didn't stop him from becoming a big celebrity with government, politicians and academics in the 1970s.

In Italy, there are more deaths than births every year. In Japan, people buy more adult diapers than diapers for babies. China’s population will get very old and then rapidly contract. By 2050, one out of every 4 of its citizens will be over the age of 65. The United Nations projects that by the year 2100, Poland will have lost one-quarter of its population. Thirty years ago, Iran’s fertility rate was 6.5. Two generations later has rapidly declined to 1.88. Around the world populations are contracting. The US would be on the verge of shrinking, too, if it wasn’t for Hispanic immigrants.

In 1979 the world's fertility rate was 6.0. Today it's 2.52."

The above is from the book, "What To Expect When No One's Expecting" by Jonathan V Last (highly recommend)

Just bringing it up to point out that there's an expensive lib cause every few decades where people run around like Chicken Little and say the sky is falling. In the 1970s it was overpopulation.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:40 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"In 1968, a guy named Erlich wrote a book called "The Population Bomb" and claimed that within a few years, overpopulation was going to destroy the planet and by the 1970s hundreds of millions of people were going to starve to death because of it. For decades fertility rates had been declining but interestingly, at the exact time he preached doom and gloom, 1968, fertility rates sank like a stone. That didn't stop him from becoming a big celebrity with government, politicians and academics in the 1970s.

In Italy, there are more deaths than births every year. In Japan, people buy more adult diapers than diapers for babies. China’s population will get very old and then rapidly contract. By 2050, one out of every 4 of its citizens will be over the age of 65. The United Nations projects that by the year 2100, Poland will have lost one-quarter of its population. Thirty years ago, Iran’s fertility rate was 6.5. Two generations later has rapidly declined to 1.88. Around the world populations are contracting. The US would be on the verge of shrinking, too, if it wasn’t for Hispanic immigrants.

In 1979 the world's fertility rate was 6.0. Today it's 2.52."

The above is from the book, "What To Expect When No One's Expecting" by Jonathan V Last (highly recommend)

Just bringing it up to point out that there's an expensive lib cause every few decades where people run around like Chicken Little and say the sky is falling. In the 1970s it was overpopulation.
Great post.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:49 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
"Runaway Global Warming promises to literally burn-up agricultural areas into dust worldwide by 2012, causing global famine, anarchy, diseases, and war on a global scale as military powers including the U.S., Russia, and China, fight for control of the Earth's remaining resources.
Over 4.5 billion people could die from Global Warming related causes by 2012, as planet Earth accelarates into a greed-driven horrific catastrophe."

Meanwhile it is 2013 and no one has died from global warming yet.

Why anyone takes the global warming morons seriously is beyond belief, these people are too stupid to take their laughable predictions off their website. lols.

[URL="http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Frontpage/2007/01/08/01291.html"]The Canadian National Newspaper: Over 4.5 Billion people could die from Global Warming-related causes by 2012[/URL]
Just you wait, bucko, you'll see. One of these days, real soon that sky is gjust gonna fall and crush us all into obliviou (unless we start living like luddites with no energy, no mechanization, no transportation etc, etc, etc.

Let me just tell you folks something, whether there is going to be global cooling or global warming or global orgazm, and whether it is natural, man-made or the work-product of Madame Pele, we are NOT changing our lifestyles. Nothing is certain in this world, and we could all drink the Kool Aid and start living like toadstools, for the sake of "the Earth", and an asteroid could take us all out, Tuesday next week.

So forget about "Saving the Earth, or "Spending the Earth" or whatever ad infinitum, cause I have only one shot at life, and I'll continue to live it as I see fit. If you want to live like a toadstool, or other fungal form, that is fine, and I'll just burn up your share of fuel as well.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:21 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes, corn is a crop.

Thanks to Monsanto, and a corrupt congress, much of that corn crop is also a stealth bio-weapon.
Corn may be a crop, but corn ethanol is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies