Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 06:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
No kidding! Also here in the Southeast we've been getting soaked for two weeks and our temps are a good 20 degrees below where they should be. I think the problem has more to do with weather manipulation and chemtrails than silly man made caused global warming.
Lol! Kind of like Obama manipulated the weather to cause Hurricane Sandy?
Like that?

Old 05-05-2013, 06:34 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
Don't know how people can read the news and deny that nature is not acting happy right now. Maybe the dead just aren't big enough to draw the attention of people who are drunk with consuming.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:59 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
You don't pay attention to the world around you and/or current affairs.
Yes I do. I live in a world with facts. Not theory or theories that a lot of "smart" people sign off on. Fact, the sun heats the earth periodically. Fact, the earth periodically cools. Fact, the planets around us are experiencing the same thing. Humans have nothing to do with it.

Fact, the earth periodically heats and cools.

Deal with it.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:42 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yes I do. I live in a world with facts. Not theory or theories that a lot of "smart" people sign off on. Fact, the sun heats the earth periodically. Fact, the earth periodically cools. Fact, the planets around us are experiencing the same thing. Humans have nothing to do with it.

Fact, the earth periodically heats and cools.

Deal with it.
Well then try reading a little more:

https://www.google.com/#output=searc...w=1280&bih=933

Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Well the people of Doggerland sure did have a problem with global warming 10,000 years ago.

Search it.

What we have today is a scam.......... People act as if the sea has risen and it has not. When you say to they point out this happens only in specific place which just causes me to laugh harder.

Water has this ability to self level itself in every ocean there is. The tides do vary twice each day, but the water level hasn't increased in more than 200 years in the medium. That medium is carved on some rocks on the south coast of Australia.

I did get a mc ride in today of around 150 miles. There were snow banks melting up in the Kanc.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:40 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well the people of Doggerland sure did have a problem with global warming 10,000 years ago.

Search it.

What we have today is a scam.......... People act as if the sea has risen and it has not. When you say to they point out this happens only in specific place which just causes me to laugh harder.

Water has this ability to self level itself in every ocean there is. The tides do vary twice each day, but the water level hasn't increased in more than 200 years in the medium. That medium is carved on some rocks on the south coast of Australia.

I did get a mc ride in today of around 150 miles. There were snow banks melting up in the Kanc.
I remember it "self-leveling" during Katrina. Oh ,wait, that was New Orleans that got leveled.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
I remember it "self-leveling" during Katrina. Oh ,wait, that was New Orleans that got leveled.
So what does that have to do with MMGW? That has more to do with man and silly notions of where to build and what to build on eh?

If you build a dwelling 6 feet below sea level just because you can build a levy don't mean it was a good idea ya know.

And where is that bad ocean water at now? Right back where it was....... Didn't rise a bit in reality did it...

MMGW is as silly an idea as building below sea level... man is rather silly when you get right down to it huh?

My place is built into granite ledge some 600 feet above sea level. I doubt any salt water will be around here in my life time.

Are you tryin' ta tell me you don't KNOW the difference?

Old 05-06-2013, 03:29 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
take a naturally occurring phenomena,blame it on the people and then use it to rob them of their wealth.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:05 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,146,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Please tell me you aren't saying that Hurrican Katrina was man's fault. Please tell me that you actually don't believe that. I would hope that the average intelligence of the posters in this forum would be high enough to to not blame a naturally occurring phenomenon - one which has been hitting that area of the Gulf thousands of times long before man climbed out of trees - on man.

Blame man on being stupid enough to build in this area, but don't blame him on the hurricanes that hit it. I swear... some people will believe anything.

And don't go quoting the garbage that we have increased the number of hurricanes, et al. The only thing that has increased is our abilities to locate and identify such phenomena.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:48 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
Please tell me you aren't saying that Hurrican Katrina was man's fault. Please tell me that you actually don't believe that. I would hope that the average intelligence of the posters in this forum would be high enough to to not blame a naturally occurring phenomenon - one which has been hitting that area of the Gulf thousands of times long before man climbed out of trees - on man.

Blame man on being stupid enough to build in this area, but don't blame him on the hurricanes that hit it. I swear... some people will believe anything.

And don't go quoting the garbage that we have increased the number of hurricanes, et al. The only thing that has increased is our abilities to locate and identify such phenomena.
Personally, I blame the sun!

Considering the Coronal Mass Ejections it throws our way from time to time, and all the violent weather it is responsible for creating, I think we should classify it as an "assault star" and ban it!

No law-abiding citizens will be allowed in the sunlight without a background check and a three day waiting period. A national database of everyone with a tan must be created, and we must limit exposure to sunlight to 30 minutes per day, because nobody needs to spend more time than that in direct sunlight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies