Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Sequester, so far, is just putting people on furlough. That doesn't show up in employment statistics, since they aren't unemployed. Also the sequester's impacts will be felt over the long-run; it's too soon to see those impacts yet.

Regardless, the sequester has been effect for one month. Do you really think the full impact is reflected in last month's numbers?

It would be easier to understand things if you didn't deliberately blind yourself to anything that goes against your own financial self-interest.
Gee, you are in a tough spot aren't you? Wanting to say yes, sequestration did hurt then wanting the jobs numbers to look good for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Repub sequester has not had much impact yet, but it will. So, the GOP efforts to tank the economy still have an ace in their hole plus they will hold debt limit hostage to try to impose further damage. But, I don't think even those efforts are going to slow down the economy.
Typical revisionist liberal history. Sorry, dude. Sequester thought up and signed by this administration.

Such partisan blindness. Obama's "ace in the hole" is to raise taxes. Do you truly believe that doing that won't kill this recovery?

And the sequestration hasn't had an impact, and as you've stated, probably won't. Because most rational Americans realize that we must get our out-of-control federal spending in order.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Typical revisionist liberal history. Sorry, dude. Sequester thought up and signed by this administration.
You are showing the same poison from the other side. The sequester is the law, and Congress wrote it, and Obama sighed it. That is the cold hard truth.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The Repub sequester has not had much impact yet, but it will. So, the GOP efforts to tank the economy still have an ace in their hole plus they will hold debt limit hostage to try to impose further damage. But, I don't think even those efforts are going to slow down the economy.
"The Repub sequester" My God I am constantly amazed at your brilliance.

I am SO glad Obama DIDN'T suggest it and not ONE dem voted for it, therefore it is the repubs.

Let me see if I understand dem speak.

It is Bush's war, even though the Senate Majority Leader and the House Minority Leader both dems, co-sponsored the bill and most promonent dems voted for it. Without those votes the bill would NO have passed and Bush COULDN'T GO INTO IRAQ.

Let's NOT call it America's war, call it Bush's war.

Obama convinces the dem controlled House and Senate to pass a new health insurance bill WITHOUT READING IT and it is dubbed Obamacare, which Obama himself says he likes.

Not 1 repub in EITHER HOUSE voted in favor of it.

The funding, which was the dems responsibility when they passed the bill, now find themselves short, want to blame the repubs.

The sequester was Obama's idea and the dems in both houses voted for it and now the left want to call it, "The Repub sequester"

Do dems EVER take responsibility for ANYTHING they do?

Old 05-03-2013, 08:22 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you want to count the new part time workers, the the economy added 448 000 jobs. You sure you want to look at it that way ?

Yes-

What we are interested in is REAL JOBS, not low paying part time jobs.

An addition of PART TIME JOBS, while losing FULL TIME JOBS, is terrible news.

Now "Finn", can you support your family on a low paying part time job? This news shows a continuing slide to third world status under Obama. These are numbers that only a delusional liberal could love. Why?

1. The job numbers are not high enough to accomodate new entrants into the market

2. The absolute number of citizens unemployed increases

3. There are fewer full time jobs.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:24 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The big news is that unemployment continues to move steadily downward, which is another sign that our economy is moving in the right direction!
Cook the books all you want by picking who does and doesn't count. The Labor Participation rate is 63.3 percent. Same as the month before and lower than the month before that. It is the lowest its been in a long time. The lowering of the workforce percentage is another sign that our economy is moving in the wrong direction!

Old 05-03-2013, 08:28 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
DOW Might break 15 000 line today.

S&P already broke 1 600
Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with employment!

It is like saying, "The sun came up today"

Old 05-03-2013, 08:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The Repub sequester" My God I am constantly amazed at your brilliance.

I am SO glad Obama DIDN'T suggest it and not ONE dem voted for it, therefore it is the repubs.

Let me see if I understand dem speak.

It is Bush's war, even though the Senate Majority Leader and the House Minority Leader both dems, co-sponsored the bill and most promonent dems voted for it. Without those votes the bill would NO have passed and Bush COULDN'T GO INTO IRAQ.

Let's NOT call it America's war, call it Bush's war.

Obama convinces the dem controlled House and Senate to pass a new health insurance bill WITHOUT READING IT and it is dubbed Obamacare, which Obama himself says he likes.

Not 1 repub in EITHER HOUSE voted in favor of it.

The funding, which was the dems responsibility when they passed the bill, now find themselves short, want to blame the repubs.

The sequester was Obama's idea and the dems in both houses voted for it and now the left want to call it, "The Repub sequester"

Do dems EVER take responsibility for ANYTHING they do?
"98% of what we wanted" --- John Boehner. Voted for by 75% of House Repubs. A bit of non-revisionist history. Just sayin'.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:32 AM

155 posts, read 110,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes-

What we are interested in is REAL JOBS, not low paying part time jobs.

An addition of PART TIME JOBS, while losing FULL TIME JOBS, is terrible news.

Now "Finn", can you support your family on a low paying part time job? This news shows a continuing slide to third world status under Obama. These are numbers that only a delusional liberal could love. Why?

1. The job numbers are not high enough to accomodate new entrants into the market

2. The absolute number of citizens unemployed increases

3. There are fewer full time jobs.
So what? We are hip to the game now. It doesn't matter what you make in any area, the business people are going to get you. A loaf of bread down South cost way less than in New York. Same bread and same company. A house in Cali cost way more than one in Arkansas. Its a carrot game. We got burned and now its time to fight back. Less money for 1% to suck up. More time for the backbone to enjoy a beautiful spring day. The young for the most part think like me. Let the 1% suck off some other group working 70% of their life's away

Old 05-03-2013, 08:33 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
And..........the Dow is expected to hit 15,000 today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies