Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
????????

I guess I didn't understand at all what you were actually trying to say.

So............ you, as a "young person", are ecstatic about working part time, low paying jobs? Just how is working part time for slave wages "sticking it to the man"?

I, as "1%er", am a little concerned for our youth if they are thrilled about part time, low paying jobs. It used to be in America that people sought good paying, full time jobs. I guess times have changed.

Carry on "sticking it to the man". I will "suffer" with my wealth while you revel in your poverty. My children can use you as slaves while they enjoy a nice income and lifestyle.
I agree. We all know people who are just barely hanging on yet we are supposed to cheer how great Obama's economy is. I don't get it. Is this a game we are playing or are we looking for actual results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
I do not hold Presidents or political parties responsible for employment or lack thereof.

Romney promised to create 12 million jobs over the next 4 years. He did not specify if those jobs would be full or part time or minimum or living wage.

Nonetheless, at the time, analysts projected that 12 million jobs would be created regardless of who won.

Fact Check: Romney’s ’12 million jobs’ promise

While unemployment averaged about 4.5 % during the majority of the boom-boom 1950's, before technology and outsourcing, 25% of people lived in poverty.

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Plus 165,000 and UE at 7.5% Feb an d March adjusted up.
160,000 is a step backwards, we need to create 300,000+ each month in order to grow out of this economy.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:57 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, you sheep think 7.5 is good? This country is doomed
Yes, adding jobs to the economy will doom us all.

Why is so hard to find any honesty from right-wingers?

Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I do not hold Presidents or political parties responsible for employment or lack thereof.

Romney promised to create 12 million jobs over the next 4 years. He did not specify if those jobs would be full or part time or minimum or living wage.

Nonetheless, at the time, analysts projected that 12 million jobs would be created regardless of who won.

Fact Check: Romney’s ’12 million jobs’ promise

While unemployment averaged about 4.5 % during the majority of the boom-boom 1950's, before technology and outsourcing, 25% of people lived in poverty.
Just a check in middle age. Obama is president. Why is it that every time democrats pull out the "what if's" and Bush. This does not make sense.

Obama is president and now you can cheer the April jobs report, although the real question should be are Americans really doing better. Do we cheer a number because you believe it confirms your belief in Obama or do we look for actual results.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why is so hard to find any honesty from right-wingers?
"Trickle down"

"No new taxes"

"WMDs in Iraq"

Deception, perhaps even self-deception, is in their nature.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
160,000 is a step backwards, we need to create 300,000+ each month in order to grow out of this economy.
No, a step backwards we be losing jobs.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:00 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, if you think this is something wait until July when Obama supporters will be touting that the economy grew 3% but will not understand that growth is due to re-writing economic history.

The U.S. Economy Will ‘Grow’ 3 Percent By July As New Way Of Looking At GDP Goes Into Effect
We are essentially rewriting economic history,". The U.S. economy will be 3 percent larger by July, at least on paper. By this summer, the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) will have completed a massive revision of current and historical data, adding billions of dollars worth of non-manufactured items.

The U.S. Economy Will

Hey, if democrats are happy with the Obama economy then life must be good for them, so mission accomplished.
Every country rebases their GDP around every 5 or 10 years. Nigeria's GDP will be around 30% higher when they get done rebasing their GDP in 2014.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:01 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The numbers are good.

But.....after 4+ years of Obama and his brilliant policies that were supposed to fix our economy, they're not nearly good enough.

Nobody can tell me that the recession (which ended 3 years ago) was so horrific that it's taken this long to get out of? We've been through lots of recessions, and it shouldn't have been this bad.

I hope it continues to get better. And I hope the Dems start to see that it's a result of conservatives in congress.
The recession was that horrific. You not wanting to acknowledge reality doesn't change it. We had a deep big hole of millions of lost jobs and a nose diving economy.

I remember reading economists saying in early 2009 that it would take many years to get back and that was those economists who favored the stimulus. This was widely known, that this recession was extremely destructive.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
"Trickle down"

"No new taxes"

"WMDs in Iraq"

Deception, perhaps even self-deception, is in their nature.
There's a few honest conservatives around here, but most are just partisan hacks who live in alternative realities. It's pretty much pointless trying to talk with many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies