Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 07:37 AM

593 posts, read 1,378,114 times

Advertisements

I support any organization bent on protecting the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. Ie: Us Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, FBI, CIA, State and Local Law Enforcement, NRA, ACLU, etc. In todays America you can marry within the same sex, come here on a visa under the pretense you here to learn when in reality you plan on blowing up our people, you can even come here illegally and enjoy all of the benefits designed for the purpose of assisting American citizens. So, what's so wrong about my owning, keeping, or carrying a gun/rifle of my own or the idea the I can buy, sell, or trade the same as property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 07:40 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It has nothing to do with left and right. A lot of people in the left are gun owners and NRA members
Then maybe you need to be in all the left threads that are saying just that.

Remember....it's for the kids, right?

Old 05-04-2013, 07:51 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then maybe you need to be in all the left threads that are saying just that.

Remember....it's for the kids, right?
Huh

Old 05-04-2013, 11:09 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Homeboy View Post
I support any organization bent on protecting the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. Ie: Us Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, FBI, CIA, State and Local Law Enforcement, NRA, ACLU, etc. In todays America you can marry within the same sex, come here on a visa under the pretense you here to learn when in reality you plan on blowing up our people, you can even come here illegally and enjoy all of the benefits designed for the purpose of assisting American citizens. So, what's so wrong about my owning, keeping, or carrying a gun/rifle of my own or the idea the I can buy, sell, or trade the same as property?
Just wanted to say props for including the ACLU. So many are inconsistent because they don't always like the Constitutional rights that the ACLU fights for.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:12 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Just wanted to say props for including the ACLU. So many are inconsistent because they don't always like the Constitutional rights that the ACLU fights for.
I don't agree with every battle that the ACLU fights, but I think that our country would be a much worse place without them. For that matter, I feel the same about the NRA. I don't agree with everything they stand for, and I've never been nor will I ever be a member, but without them our country would be in far worse shape than it is today.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:52 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You know he had to look up those 2 words to understand them....
Not me but judging from your post history I have no doubt that you did.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Why do you hate our Constitution so much?

I'm also pretty sure that the majority of folks attending the event aren't the criminals committing crimes with guns.

Those guns protect us against our government, that IS as deadly. Just ask all the people killed by the guns in Fast and Furious.
Why do you pretend this display has anything to do with the Constitution?

Old 05-04-2013, 12:09 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Case in point. This is an example of the insanity that the NRA encourages. Some of these people will "defend themselves against the government" at the wrong time and innocents will be killed.
If you can get past the first three minutes of a squeaky voice, here's salin' palin'.

Talks about Obama, other politicians, morality?, I put the question mark for morality because her family doesn't know what it means when children are born out of wedlock.

Sarah Palin NRA Full Speech 2013, Quotes Shakespeare, Threatens To Chew Tobacco - 5/3/13 - YouTube

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 05-04-2013 at 12:23 PM..

Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If you can get past the first three minutes of a squeaky voice, here's salin' palin'.

Lot's to say about Obama.

Sarah Palin NRA Full Speech 2013, Quotes Shakespeare, Threatens To Chew Tobacco - 5/3/13 - YouTube
Yuck.

I can't watch her. I can't even listen to her.

That up and down thing she does with her voice and her desperate need for attention and sentences that just go on and on and on without ever really saying anything - no thanks.

I'll just have to rely on others' comments here about the substance (if there is any) of her speech.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:32 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yuck.

I can't watch her. I can't even listen to her.

That up and down thing she does with her voice and her desperate need for attention and sentences that just go on and on and on without ever really saying anything - no thanks.

I'll just have to rely on others' comments here about the substance (if there is any) of her speech.
I agree, I cringed for 12 minutes to hear what she had to say, and you're absolutely correct about never saying anything of substance.

Her rambling reminds me of the way Reagan senior could ramble on for 15 minutes and say nothing. I was taken aback by her references to "morality".
Sarah Palin and children conceived out of wedlock - an uncomfortable question needs to be posed - AMERICAblog

Like her and family are people to speak fondly of the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies