U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 12:39 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,689,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Probably another kid who got his first gun as a gift when he was barely out of diapers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 12:55 PM

2,869 posts, read 2,830,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Probably another kid who got his first gun as a gift when he was barely out of diapers.
Like you really care.

I do have to say the elite liberals who cry crocodile tears over these little ones - especially like those in the inner city - don't just up and move there and next to these slums. Noooooo, they've got their gated communities and armed militias (Bloomberg et al) to protect them, but people that live in the inner city like me and have had our houses robbed and seen family threatened aren't to be able to defend ourselves?

Mhhmmm. Yes, I have to say I loathe you with the force of 1000000 donkeys. I positively DESPISE you and your holier-than-thou BS you muster through your voice and the lies you continue to perpetuate. Please, go away.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Like you really care.

I do have to say the elite liberals who cry crocodile tears over these little ones - especially like those in the inner city - don't just up and move there and next to these slums. Noooooo, they've got their gated communities and armed militias (Bloomberg et al) to protect them, but people that live in the inner city like me and have had our houses robbed and seen family threatened aren't to be able to defend ourselves?

Mhhmmm. Yes, I have to say I loathe you with the force of 1000000 donkeys. I positively DESPISE you and your holier-than-thou BS you muster through your voice and the lies you continue to perpetuate. Please, go away.
You can defend yourselves 'til the cows come home.

But when you have parents giving a five year old a gun for his birthday and then leaving him unsupervised with it or a thirteen year old and a six year old alone in a house with unlocked guns, then I have a problem.

Apparently tragedies like those have no affect on you at all, 'eh? As long as you have your guns and everyone else gets whatever guns of any type they desire, dead kids don't matter.

And, for the record, I don't live in a gated community, unless you want to call the farm gate I have across the driveway into my very rural home a "gated community."

And, also for the record, I don't give a rat's ass if you or your "brothers in guns" loathe me. Quite the contrary; I wear it as a badge of honor.

Quote:
Please, go away.
No.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:

But when you have parents giving a five year old a gun for his birthday and then leaving him unsupervised with it or a thirteen year old and a six year old alone in a house with unlocked guns, then I have a problem.

Apparently tragedies like those have no affect on you at all, 'eh? As long as you have your guns and everyone else gets whatever guns of any type they desire, dead kids don't matter.

And, for the record, I don't live in a gated community, unless you want to call the farm gate I have across the driveway into my very rural home a "gated community."

And, also for the record, I don't give a rat's ass if you or your "brothers in guns" loathe me. Quite the contrary; I wear it as a badge of honor.

No.
You and your "troops" just don't get it, do you. You people are so dense it's nauseating.

(And don't twist and bend my words to suit your treasonous agenda.)

Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
You and your "troops" just don't get it, do you. You people are so dense it's nauseating.

(And don't twist and bend my words to suit your treasonous agenda.)

Old 05-05-2013, 01:30 PM

34,302 posts, read 18,587,637 times
Quote:
How could that happen in a democratic state? I thought dems were smarter?

Old 05-05-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Someone referred to NRA members as "gun nuts".

I disagreed by saying: Some of those "nut" NRA members are using the convention to make public statements in support for background checks.

Someone said: I hope they will be allowed to speak

You: (instering a partisan remark) They will be, you see, people on the right do have their own minds, unlike some on the left.

I said: It has nothing to do with left and right. A lot of people in the left are gun owners and NRA members

It = being allowed to speak for, or against the background checks at the convention.

Please make an effort to keep up with the conversation. You are so quick to look for an argument and disagreements to even bother to find out what people are talking about.
You are wrong, florida bob did stated that people hoped they would be able to speak, I then said they would (WITHOUT inserting a partisan remark, as you stated), you then said "IT" is not left or right.

However florida bob clearly thinks it is, that is why he said "I hope the are allowed to talk.

Let's follow along, I even numbered them in red to show the posts in order they were stated, even you should be able to understand:

Quote:
(1) Some of those "nuts" NRA members are using the convention to make public statements in support for background checks.
Quote:
(2) I hope they are allowed to speak their minds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
(3)They will be, you see, people on the right do have their own minds, unlike some on the left.

We like to look at the entire picture, unlike some on the left.

Knee jerk reactions and passing laws to feel good, does not make a law any better or will produce anything other than making that person feel good.
Quote:
(4) It has nothing to do with left and right. A lot of people in the left are gun owners and NRA members
If you are unable to see that florida bob is making a clear statement that the "right" does not let people speak, then I guess there is nothing else for us to talk about.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:

leaving him unsupervised with it or a thirteen year old and a six year old alone in a house with unlocked guns, then I have a problem.
And so does everyone on the right...why the hell can you lefties not figure this out? It is absolutely amazing that we (people who have guns) agree with the left and people such as you will continue to spew ***** like we disagree with you...

for damn sake lefties, read and comprehend....

Old 05-05-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And so does everyone on the right...why the hell can you lefties not figure this out? It is absolutely amazing that we (people who have guns) agree with the left and people such as you will continue to spew ***** like we disagree with you...

for damn sake lefties, read and comprehend....
It's in their nature to be condescending, smarmy, elitest. They want the government to do everything for us (them), so independent thought is an evil thing in their minds.

Remember, we're just a bunch of uneducated, backwoods redneck hillbillies to them.

It's funny they don't think the same about blacks and Latinos in the inner city where the vast majority of illegal gun homicides occur...

Old 05-05-2013, 02:11 PM

6,868 posts, read 3,946,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I agree, I cringed for 12 minutes to hear what she had to say, and you're absolutely correct about never saying anything of substance.

Her rambling reminds me of the way Reagan senior could ramble on for 15 minutes and say nothing. I was taken aback by her references to "morality".
Sarah Palin and children conceived out of wedlock - an uncomfortable question needs to be posed - AMERICAblog

Like her and family are people to speak fondly of the subject.
Well, at least she has the resources to support her ilk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies