Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 10:07 AM

46,179 posts, read 26,838,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, you had no clue what we were talking about. What did you think "it" meant?
Well then PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, inform of us what "it" meant....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 AM

76,873 posts, read 47,170,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well then PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, inform of us what "it" meant....
Someone referred to NRA members as "gun nuts".

I disagreed by saying: Some of those "nut" NRA members are using the convention to make public statements in support for background checks.

Someone said: I hope they will be allowed to speak

You: (instering a partisan remark) They will be, you see, people on the right do have their own minds, unlike some on the left.

I said: It has nothing to do with left and right. A lot of people in the left are gun owners and NRA members

It = being allowed to speak for, or against the background checks at the convention.

Please make an effort to keep up with the conversation. You are so quick to look for an argument and disagreements to even bother to find out what people are talking about.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,207,639 times
Quote:
You mean like anthony weiner...Now there is someone who all the leftist can stand behind....

Anthony Weiner's **** Shot Emerges
Kind of like the STANDING OVATION David Vitter got for cheating on his wife with prostitutes?

Quote:
The Southern Republican Leadership Conference (SRLC) is continuing today in New Orleans, with speakers such as Rick Santorum, Michael Steele, and Haley Barbour taking the podium. SRLC organizers noted that the conference was “going to be highlighted by the bold and dynamic values and individuals that make our party what it is.” In selecting the individuals who “make our party what it is,” SRLC chose Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) to kick off today’s events. Vitter, of course, is known for frequenting a Washington, D.C. and New Orleans prostitution service. The married father of four has led Senate efforts to pass a “Marriage Protection Amendment” and bring down ACORN. Today, right-wing activists rewarded Vitter with a standing ovation. Vitter thanked the crowd for the “warm welcome.”
Vitter receives standing ovation at Southern Republican Leadership Conference. | ThinkProgress

Hypocrite.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:15 AM

13,674 posts, read 8,939,242 times
Quote:
I did not know lobbyist groups were allowed, I mean obama said there wold be no lobbyist groups in his arena, right....

I also love the way you went from lobbyist groups when talking about gov perry and the switched to "focus groups" for obama....I would honestly be embarrassed to even type that crap...

I glad you love my way of writing. By 'focus' group I, of course, meant lobbyist organizations, since they tend to 'focus' on one particular subject. I am truly sorry that the term confused you.

The National Rifle Organization (aka NRA) is a well-known organization that retains 'lobbyist' in Washington D.C. Indeed, they are proud of their large organization and lobbying prowess. Hence, when the NRA (recall, the initials mean National Rifle Association) holds a convention, it may be safely assumed that members are meeting to discuss policies they wish to set forth on the State and Federal levels. As such, I am sure you will admit readily that your statement "I did not know lobbyist groups were allowed" is a bit of a misnomer.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:16 AM

58,448 posts, read 26,773,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
No, but most of the others aren't as, well, deadly. Many do, however, prolong that eventuality.
You make another great claim, with nothing to back kit up.

A couple of CURRENT stats. From Jan 1, 2013 to present

Vehicle deaths - 14,301

Firearm homicides - 3,687

Leading Causes of Death in the United States

Old 05-05-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I wonder who gets the job of checking Nugent's drawers before he goes on stage.

And I can't even imagine what that dysfunctional middle-aged Barbie wannabe will have to say. Ick. Although I'm sure the crowd will lap it up (the more times she mentions Obama, the better) and the obvious fools will be here crowing about her magnificent performance before she's even left the stage. (Gag me.)
" (Gag me.)". With your juvenile name calling and total disrespect for anyone whom you don't agree with, I wish some one would and leave this site to the adults.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" (Gag me.)". With your juvenile name calling and total disrespect for anyone whom you don't agree with, I wish some one would and leave this site to the adults.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
With your juvenile name calling and total disrespect for anyone whom you don't agree with,
Sorry, but it's hard for me to have respect for a man who not only crapped his pants in order to avoid the draft but is an admitted pedophile.

But, hey! If those are the kinds of people you want to honor, go for it!

Old 05-05-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Kind of like the STANDING OVATION David Vitter got for cheating on his wife with prostitutes?

Vitter receives standing ovation at Southern Republican Leadership Conference. | ThinkProgress

Hypocrite.
Th ovation wasn't as big as the one Studds got from his pervert dem friends in the House.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:35 AM

12,230 posts, read 6,395,885 times
For the entertainment portion of the convention,cracker Rick Santorum made the claim that God is cool with gun violence.
Santorum praises NRA as Constitution "warriors" | Nation & World | The Seattle Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies