Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline18 View Post
The Canaanites were the predecessors of the Israelites who emerged from Canaanite society. There is no archaeological evidence to support the biblical account of an invasion.
You're right, my bad.

In fact, much of Judaen dogma derived from Canaanite predecessors.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The 'motto' that you ascribe to Islam 'what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine' is of course fiction. The muslim 'connection' to Abraham is via Ishmael, and while the term 'arab' means different things to different people, it generally refers to the descendants of Ishmael, and of course since Hagar lived centuries before Muhammed, there is no way that she could have been a muslim.
Since Ishmael was actually conceived without the blessing of God.....wonder what that makes the line of Ishmael?

Old 05-03-2013, 03:49 PM

96 posts, read 71,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
You're right, my bad.

In fact, much of Judaen dogma derived from Canaanite predecessors.
Jews were the first to make ethical monotheism the foundation of their belief system, although, many early Israelites worshipped Canaanite gods such as Baal.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Since Ishmael was actually conceived without the blessing of God.....wonder what that makes the line of Ishmael?
God had his covenant with Isaac. Ishmael was sent packing. He was not an Arab although Arabs try to say otherwise

Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
I shouldnt have to cite common knowledge.

From Wikipedia:

Conservatism is defined as a political and social philosophy that promotes traditional social values and institutions.

Please point out where hadcore Sharia advocates do not fit in that definition.

Can you even give an example of how their philosophy compares to that of a liberal?
Sorry but the Wikipedia entry is just wrong. According to my friend who has kids in high school, they are specifically forbidden from citing Wikipedia as a source.

If you use the literal definition of conservatism as opposing change, then Reagan was not a conservative, since he came into office with an agenda calling for fairly dramatic change.

As used in common parlance, generally conservatism is individualism, and liberalism is collectivism. If anything, liberals have more in common with 'hadcore Sharia advocates,' because both the liberals and the Sharia law advocates are collectivist variants.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The 'motto' that you ascribe to Islam 'what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine' is of course fiction. The muslim 'connection' to Abraham is via Ishmael, and while the term 'arab' means different things to different people, it generally refers to the descendants of Ishmael, and of course since Hagar lived centuries before Muhammed, there is no way that she could have been a muslim.
You really don't know what you're talking about.

Islam appropriated the Jewish Patriarchs and Prophets and Kings and Christian figures and made them Muslims in the Koran, although Islam never even existed at the time. Islamic theology teaches that the Jewish Bible and Christian Gospels were really originally Islamic scriptures but the Jews and Christians conspired to alter the text and forge fabricated Bibles, necessitating the "correct" version of the koran. Thus, Islam also tries to steal Judaism and Christianity.

Islam also tries to steal the historical Jewish and Christian link to Jerusalem, although Mecca and Medina are the holy cities of Islam.

The history of Muslims converting Christian churches to mosques is well-documented, such as what happened to the Hagia Sophia, which was the greatest Christian church for 1000 years before Muslims converted it into a mosque.

And, they built the dome of the rock and al aqsa mosque on the [Jewish] Temple Mount where Solomon's Temple once stood as an indication of muslim conquest of an ancestral Jewish landmark

Islam: What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine

Old 05-03-2013, 03:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Why are wives and daughters traded for herds of goats or sheep in middle eastern countries?
Because screwing sheep and goats gets old after awhile. Not that i would know from personal experience.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:40 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Sorry but the Wikipedia entry is just wrong. According to my friend who has kids in high school, they are specifically forbidden from citing Wikipedia as a source.

If you use the literal definition of conservatism as opposing change, then Reagan was not a conservative, since he came into office with an agenda calling for fairly dramatic change.

As used in common parlance, generally conservatism is individualism, and liberalism is collectivism. If anything, liberals have more in common with 'hadcore Sharia advocates,' because both the liberals and the Sharia law advocates are collectivist variants.
I see what youre saying, but I think traditional religious values is a better determining factor for a comparison, since it explicitly dictates how one lives their life, and expect others to live theirs.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:41 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
So?

That doesnt change the fact that fundamentalist Islamists are right wing conservatives.
The ignorance is strong with this one.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:46 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Wait just a second! Ishmael was the narrator of the events on the Pequod, that other mythical story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies