U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:19 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,122,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline18 View Post
None of which actually occurred. Don't believe everything you read.
So that story in the Gospel of John where Jesus stands up for the woman accused of adultery - the one who is about to be stoned to death according to Jewish law - is a myth? And that stoning would have been the very first - and it never happened after that?

Old 05-03-2013, 07:21 PM

96 posts, read 58,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
So that story in the Gospel of John where Jesus stands up for the woman accused of adultery - the one who is about to be stoned to death according to Jewish law - is a myth? And that stoning would have been the very first - and it never happened after that?
Were you there?

Old 05-03-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
You have evidence of anyone in the Old Testament having been stoned? No, I didn't think so.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM

6,111 posts, read 5,049,566 times
Quote:
You really don't know what you're talking about.

Islam appropriated the Jewish Patriarchs and Prophets and Kings and Christian figures and made them Muslims in the Koran, although Islam never even existed at the time. Islamic theology teaches that the Jewish Bible and Christian Gospels were really originally Islamic scriptures but the Jews and Christians conspired to alter the text and forge fabricated Bibles, necessitating the "correct" version of the koran. Thus, Islam also tries to steal Judaism and Christianity.

Islam also tries to steal the historical Jewish and Christian link to Jerusalem, although Mecca and Medina are the holy cities of Islam.

The history of Muslims converting Christian churches to mosques is well-documented, such as what happened to the Hagia Sophia, which was the greatest Christian church for 1000 years before Muslims converted it into a mosque.

And, they built the dome of the rock and al aqsa mosque on the [Jewish] Temple Mount where Solomon's Temple once stood as an indication of muslim conquest of an ancestral Jewish landmark

Islam: What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine
When the muslims built the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosques, there was little or no Jewish presense in Jerusalem courtesy of Vespasian and his son Titus who destroyed the Temple built by Herod the Great. Solomon's Temple was destroyed by the Assyrians. Rome did to Judea what they did to Carthage and others who didn't accept Roman rule, they destroyed Judea and the Jews who didn't escape to Arabia or the Parthans were killed or enslaved. The Romans even took Judea off their maps. Placing the territory under the Provicial Governor of Syria and naming it Syria Palestra. The land came to be known as Palestine. Jerusalem was left desolate until the time of Constantine I when he decided to build a Basilica at the site of Christ's Tomb.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:35 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,302 posts, read 12,160,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Wonder why they chose to follow the magic man Mohommed, rather than God or Abraham. Jews don't do what muslims do, they don't cut off hands and feet and stone women.
Oh fer chrissake, Jews were stoning women and men for a variety of reasons even as late as the time of Jesus. Remember the story of the adulterous woman? The Jews stopped doing that because the Temple was destroyed, so those laws are suspended until it gets rebuilt, or something like that.

Really, all the monotheistic religions are about the same, same morality, similar values. The Jews and Christians have "grown up" to some extent (they decided to mostly ignore the violent parts of their scriptures). So have most middle class, older Muslims. But poverty and youth breed violence and bigotry ..... the ME countries are very young on average.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 PM

55,420 posts, read 74,265,837 times
this much i know about the mideast. the jail population is low and there are hardly any gangbangers.
b4 u stone the people of the mideast, defend your own insane system. i have personally served on many a jury that let a vicious violent criminal who clearly had hurt people, walk free bek he was not "legally" guilty.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
When the muslims built the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosques, there was little or no Jewish presense in Jerusalem courtesy of Vespasian and his son Titus who destroyed the Temple built by Herod the Great. Solomon's Temple was destroyed by the Assyrians. Rome did to Judea what they did to Carthage and others who didn't accept Roman rule, they destroyed Judea and the Jews who didn't escape to Arabia or the Parthans were killed or enslaved. The Romans even took Judea off their maps. Placing the territory under the Provicial Governor of Syria and naming it Syria Palestra. The land came to be known as Palestine. Jerusalem was left desolate until the time of Constantine I when he decided to build a Basilica at the site of Christ's Tomb.
When Jerusalem came under Islamic control in the 7th century CE, Islam's own early name for Jerusalem was Beit al-Maqdis--the Temple or the Holy House, referring to Solomon's Temple. The dome of the rock and al aqsa mosque were constructed there as a symbol of islamic conquest over the most important Jewish symbol.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:45 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,502,144 times
Quote:
When Jerusalem came under Islamic control in the 7th century CE, Islam's own early name for Jerusalem was Beit al-Maqdis--the Temple or the Holy House, referring to Solomon's Temple. The dome of the rock and al aqsa mosque were constructed there as a symbol of islamic conquest over the most important Jewish symbol.
I fail to understand the logic in discussing ancient history when the Islamic misogyny is taking place in 2013.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:02 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,585,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Oh fer chrissake, Jews were stoning women and men for a variety of reasons even as late as the time of Jesus. Remember the story of the adulterous woman? The Jews stopped doing that because the Temple was destroyed, so those laws are suspended until it gets rebuilt, or something like that.

Really, all the monotheistic religions are about the same, same morality, similar values. The Jews and Christians have "grown up" to some extent (they decided to mostly ignore the violent parts of their scriptures). So have most middle class, older Muslims. But poverty and youth breed violence and bigotry ..... the ME countries are very young on average.
I tend to live in the present, sorry some of you are still stuck in the OT......as of today Jews do not practice these dishonorable deeds.

At least in your last paragraph you addressed Jews and Christians ignoring the violent parts......but what really happened is people have educated their selves enough to know those were laws for people long ago and don't apply to today. If a person reads the Bible they'd know this.

We can see how poverty and youth breed violence in America we don't have to travel across the oceans to see this.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof
Quote:

You might benefit from a basic comparative religion course since you're uninformed in the subject matter. You see, violence in the Old Testament merely depicts actions usually between tribes for fixed periods of time. OTOH, violence in the koran is doctrinal and advocated for eternity until the world falls under the house of islam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies