Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,013 times

Advertisements

Because they are uncivilized people living in the middle ages.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline18 View Post
You have evidence of anyone in the Old Testament having been stoned? No, I didn't think so.
I'm an agnostic - "religious" books/stories don't carry a lot of weight with me. But I do believe that they are rooted in some kind of culture/custom. The idea that the Jews of the OT were the non-violent pacifistic types who only sat around and wrote violent stories doesn't seem very credible.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Because screwing sheep and goats gets old after awhile. Not that i would know from personal experience.
that
[LEFT][RIGHT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Due to old [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial]Phenomena in the world [/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]that the men be in your house and very clean [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT][/RIGHT]
[LEFT][RIGHT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]And her women and daughter go with ship to get for him money….[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT][/RIGHT]
[LEFT][RIGHT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT][/RIGHT]

Old 05-04-2013, 01:08 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
The motto of islam is what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine. Muslims have no connection with Abraham or Jerusalem, but, they are compelled to jump on the Jewish Christian bandwagon. Hagar was an Egyptian not an arab or a muslim
Bold text: Can you provide a link from a credible source to support that statement?

Being an Egyptian would make Hagar what, if not an Arab?

Hagar is considered the Mother of Islam. How could that be if she wasn't a Muslim? If not a Muslim, then what was she?

Where are you getting your information???

Old 05-04-2013, 01:17 AM

Quote:
None of which actually occurred. Don't believe everything you read.
Well it's hard to believe what you post.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:18 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
She is also considered the Mother of Islam. How could that be if she wasn't a Muslim? If not a Muslim, then what was she?

Islam didn't come around until about 1500 years ago.

The events of the Old Testament were said to have occurred, well, way before that. How could Hagar have possibly been Muslim?

If she was Egyptian then she most likely would have followed Egyptian religion, no?

Old 05-04-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Why are wives and daughters traded for herds of goats or sheep in middle eastern countries?
In every country you will find there is a form of "trade off", including the US.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:15 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:

Islam: What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine
Quite the contrary, actually. Of the 5 pillars of Islam, charity is considered #3.

Zakāt

Zakāt or alms-giving is the practice of charitable giving by Muslims based on accumulated wealth, and is obligatory for all who are able to do so. It is considered to be a personal responsibility for Muslims to ease economic hardship for others and eliminate inequality.[11] zakāt consists of spending 2.5% of one's wealth for the benefit of the poor or needy,like debtors or travelers. A Muslim may also donate more as an act of voluntary charity (sadaqah), rather than to achieve additional divine reward.[12]

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I tend to live in the present, sorry some of you are still stuck in the OT......as of today Jews do not practice these dishonorable deeds.

At least in your last paragraph you addressed Jews and Christians ignoring the violent parts......but what really happened is people have educated their selves enough to know those were laws for people long ago and don't apply to today. If a person reads the Bible they'd know this.

We can see how poverty and youth breed violence in America we don't have to travel across the oceans to see this.

Is the killing thousands of people in the West Bank, Gaza or Lebanon any more honeorable if your bombers are at the controls of an IDF F-16, F-15 Strike Eagle or Preditor Drone rather than wearing a suicide vest?

This question merits at least a page of commentary in the Talmud!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:35 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I tend to live in the present, sorry some of you are still stuck in the OT......as of today Jews do not practice these dishonorable deeds.

At least in your last paragraph you addressed Jews and Christians ignoring the violent parts......but what really happened is people have educated their selves enough to know those were laws for people long ago and don't apply to today. If a person reads the Bible they'd know this.

We can see how poverty and youth breed violence in America we don't have to travel across the oceans to see this.

I didn't know that GOD put a statute of limitations on the his Laws. Is this the missing 11th Commandment? Would you bet your eternal life on whether this is true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies