Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 03:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
So?

That doesnt change the fact that fundamentalist Islamists are right wing conservatives.
No they're not. And since you don't offer anything to back your assertion, I won't bother to either. Per your (implicit) standards, 'because I said so' is sufficient.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:08 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline18 View Post
Why would muslims "emulate" the Old Testament instead of their own koran? You didn't really think this through, did you?
You are new here. Experience has provided the rest of us with the answer to that query.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:09 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Are they just emulating the Old Testament Jewish law? And what about the guys?

"A teenage Muslim girl was stoned to death under 'Sharia law' after taking part in a beauty contest in Ukraine.

Katya Koren, 19, was found dead in a village in the Crimea region near her home."

Muslim girl Katya Koren, 19, 'stoned to death over beauty contest in Ukraine' | Mail Online
Misogyny.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:27 PM

96 posts, read 71,106 times
Quote:
There are BIBLE VERSES of God commanding the Israelites to plunder villiages, kill the sons, and rape the women.

Sorry.
None of which actually occurred. Don't believe everything you read.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:31 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,260 times
Quote:
The motto of islam is what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine. Muslims have no connection with Abraham or Jerusalem, but, they are compelled to jump on the Jewish Christian bandwagon. Hagar was an Egyptian not an arab or a muslim
The 'motto' that you ascribe to Islam 'what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine' is of course fiction. The muslim 'connection' to Abraham is via Ishmael, and while the term 'arab' means different things to different people, it generally refers to the descendants of Ishmael, and of course since Hagar lived centuries before Muhammed, there is no way that she could have been a muslim.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,821,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
No they're not. And since you don't offer anything to back your assertion, I won't bother to either. Per your (implicit) standards, 'because I said so' is sufficient.
I shouldnt have to cite common knowledge.

From Wikipedia:

Conservatism is defined as a political and social philosophy that promotes traditional social values and institutions.

Please point out where hadcore Sharia advocates do not fit in that definition.

Can you even give an example of how their philosophy compares to that of a liberal?

Old 05-03-2013, 03:40 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,821,904 times
Quote:
None of which actually occurred. Don't believe everything you read.
God didnt command them, granted, but are you claiming the Israelites never fought against other tribes like the Canaanites?

Old 05-03-2013, 03:41 PM

96 posts, read 71,106 times
Quote:
God didnt command them, granted, but are you claiming the Israelites never fought against other tribes like the Canaanites?
The Canaanites were the predecessors of the Israelites who emerged from Canaanite society. There is no archaeological evidence to support the biblical account of an invasion.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:43 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Are they just emulating the Old Testament Jewish law? And what about the guys?

"A teenage Muslim girl was stoned to death under 'Sharia law' after taking part in a beauty contest in Ukraine.

Katya Koren, 19, was found dead in a village in the Crimea region near her home."

Muslim girl Katya Koren, 19, 'stoned to death over beauty contest in Ukraine' | Mail Online
Why are wives and daughters traded for herds of goats or sheep in middle eastern countries?

Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
There are BIBLE VERSES of God commanding the Israelites to plunder villiages, kill the sons, and rape the women.

Sorry.
They also happen to be people who were out to destory the Jews also.....like wipe them off the face of the earth.
They are inventing the idea of rape and reading it into the text (this is eisegesis and inappropriate).

Let us consider the facts of the matter:
To begin with, Deuteronomy 20:10 states, "When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace."

Assuming that war ensues, once it is over they were to "remain outside the camp seven days; whoever has killed any person, and whoever has touched any slain, purify yourselves and your captives on the third day and on the seventh day. Purify every garment, everything made of leather, everything woven of goats' hair, and everything made of wood" (Numbers 31:19-20).
This ensures the health of soldier and war captives.

In the case of the women mentioned in the texts noted above, if a man was interested in one of them he was to:
Provide her with housing.

Allow her one month to mourn.

Then they may get married.

And if they later divorce, she was to go free and not be mistreated (see Deuteronomy 21:10-14).

No rape at all anywhere. Rather, cleansing after a war, the provision of a home, time to mourn, marriage and if need be, freedom and protection from mistreatment.

Of course, these facts will very likely be completely ignored and followed by various complaints about God commanding war and killing children and cattle, etc., etc., etc.

What are you sorry about, that you've never read the Bible to understand it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.