U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:40 PM

21,148 posts, read 37,422,395 times

Advertisements

Suffice to say: there will be justice served re: Bush 43.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 08:41 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,224,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
It's not a matter of who is dumber than Bush, et al. Though many really are...way, way dumber...
It's truly a matter of who can get through their false paradigm to fully understand the whole of this country's leadership has been completely hijacked by crooked gangster businessmen...and women...

Save a few.

RP is one. DK - is another.

[Speaking of that false paradigm - and for those who do not understand the meaning of the word: par·a·digm : A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline.]

Many Americans - are still caught up in this post WWII thought process that everything this country does in it's political stances are for the betterment of humanity... and with the heavy dose of patriotism and fear, fear, fear - sprinkled on... it's hard to get away from - this mindset. And it's still working wonderfully. Just look at what has transpired in this country. Never has there been so much wrong - yet still so little action to remedy it all. Don't expect that to change. Shillary Clinton will "win" the next election. And it will be business as usual... smoke and mirrors style.

So... to Dorothy and all her friends out there - we ain't in Kansas anymore... and this ain't your grandaddy's America, either. We are in trouble, big time.
Nicely stated.......................Needless to say that Dorothy doesn't get it, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
It isn't that most people are dumb, it is that they don't care. Honestly, if it weren't for places like this, I wouldn't give a rats ass either. I got my own set of issues and real world problems to deal with.
If running our country in the ground, creating enemies, robbing the American people, outsourcing, immigration, Washington selling us to big business, the list goes on and on an on...............if those aren't real world issues, then I don't know what would be?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:59 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,886,758 times
It would be interesting to know what paper would please or not be ....predictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
Not about Bush? Are you kidding? Shall I count the number of times "Bush" is written?? It's ALL about Bush and how people feel about him ~ their perception of BUSH and how they are just too dumb to see what he's doing! As I stated, two liberal papers....the outcome of the poll....predictable.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:04 PM

640 posts, read 357,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
It would be interesting to know what paper would please or not be ....predictable.
I'm not sure, but definitely neither of these two papers. I would say that we are better off these days getting our info from the web, as the printed press has been and is known to be very bias when it comes to politics and political reporting.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,224,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
no ayannaaaliyah no trouble discerning your simpleton poll!
Glad a simpleton like yourself chose to visit and post

Old 11-01-2007, 04:44 AM

1,622 posts, read 2,642,480 times
The title of this thread is as misleading as the article that the title is taken from. Paul Craig Roberts writes an opinion piece nearly two years ago in which he uses two seemingly contradictory poll answers to support his view that "Americans are simply dumber than Bush". Both of the polls were obviously intended to get responses about very specific issues, not to determine the intelligence of the American people. So for Mr. Roberts to use them together as "proof" of his claim is intellectually dishonest.

At one point in his article, Mr. Roberts states "95% of all Muslim terrorists in the world were created in the past 3 years by Bush's invasion of Iraq". Really? In the entire world? What is the source of this number? He cites no authority of any kind to substantiate this statement. He just says it, and we are supposed to accept it without question. Well sure. After all, here he is alerting us to how there is all this false and misleading information out there being generated by propagandists in support of their agendas.

I am neither a supporter of the President or his policies. At the same time, I don't buy into the opinion Mr. Roberts has of the intelligence level of the people in the U.S., or the method he used to arrive at his conclusion. As much as he tries to paint himself as some kind of lone voice of reason and sanity crying out against the corrupt media, I think he is exactly the opposite. He is but another pundit who, just like the media he criticizes, puts forth opinion dressed up as fact, rather than state facts and let people form their own opinions.

If you really want to know what the truth is, seek it out yourself. You won't find it in poll results, the left or right leaning news outlets, your favorite blog, or in the writings of Paul Craig Roberts. If you don't, well then I guess maybe you do deserve being called "dumb" after all.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:16 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,988,395 times
I think Apathy and Misinformation are the two most dangerous things in the world and I suspect America suffers from these ( as do many other places).

Most people can't be bothered to get the real facts about such crucial issues as the economy, foreign policy and affairs and this leads to a lot of people voting ( if they vote at all) by knee-jerk reaction rather than truly pondering what is important.

People have become de-politicized and I think this is an incredibly worrying trend as it leaves the realm of politics purely in the hands of politicians and their "poodles" rather than the people.

People also seem to have a never unending propensity to believe whatever is fed to them by sleek PR enhanced politicians rather than trying to get informed in an unbiased and independent fashion.

Getting informed on serious issues mean spending time, effort and the thought process is just too much to bother with for some. I suspect most just want what is easy.

It's also easier to just go along and vote as your mom and dad did, "just because" rather than because you actually thought long and hard about it.

I find it thoroughly depressing but most of all really worrying for the future of our democracy. If the people can't be bothered to have a major input , then democracy is out of the window. Politics affect us all in every aspect of our daily lives and I for one refuse to give in to Politicians without a fight. They are here to serve ME not the other way around.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:31 AM

5,396 posts, read 7,062,026 times
First off and let me be very clear (sorry, I always wanted to use that phrase)...this does not raise Bush on any pedestal or elevate his demonstrated lack of intellectual prowess.

This does not surprise me at all, however. Has anybody seen the late night shows on Leno or Letterman where they go out on the street and quiz passersby?

50% don't know who the Vice President is. 30% can't identify the United States on the globe. It goes on and on...pure, blissful ignorance.

It always galls me that these mental midgets get a vote that counts as much as mine does when we elect our leaders.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,093,969 times
If you happen to watch Leno's Jaywalking segment on late night you will probably
see how little Americans on the street really know about their government. One night
last week he asked "Who lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?" Not one person could
answer it. Then he asked a lady who said she was a journalism major in college and she
couldn't answer. Jay then gave her the hint "His father was the president and she still
couldn't answer. Whether you are liberal or conservative you should be afraid, very afraid !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:58 AM

791 posts, read 2,015,331 times
There are plenty of candidates who may 'qualify' for the job of President but the ones running are not necessarily what we want or need.

Think of it like this... The press pursued the princess to her death, so the prince got the leftovers.

The President we want/need... not interested
The President we get... left overs

Welcome to politics in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies