Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 02:45 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Just who buried Bin Laden at sea, were you outraged then? Whats wrong with giving him back to his mom or sending him back to his own country?
I am on the fence on this, but in the beginning, i was so damn pissed. Nothing is wrong with sending the body back to the parents, and let them handle the final arrangments, the way they see fit.

Or bury him somewhere in an unmarked grave with only the family knowing where he is. A part of me says why do that, when he showed no compassion at all for those they killed, and those who bodies now bore the lost of limbs some two. And the problems some of these victims will face for a long long time.

However as Americans we can disagree on a number of topics and have viral disagreements about politics.

But i think as americans as pissed as we get, we truly want to be the better people and don't want to bring ourselves to that of the level of a hateful religion, and these brothers had hate.

Still on the fence really i am, but put myself in the place of the Parent's what if that were our child. Your child. Everyone does deserve a burial, because his days are numbered already and he is paying his price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Talk about something giving you mixed feelings..... On one hand, I think it's great because these crackpots do this in part to be a revered martyr for the religion and refusing to bury them will send a message that perhaps they won't be revered after all. On the other hand, I imagine that most religions would bury him and allow God to be the one to determine whether mercy or damnation is the right response to his actions. I personally tend to lean to the latter.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:50 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
My understanding is that Jews and Catholics deny religious burial to certain people. I don't think you even have to murder anyone to be refused. This guy murdered or injured scores of people. Why does he "deserve" anything?

Old 05-07-2013, 05:55 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Since most of Koresh's followers were killed and he was killed by the government, not sure how this compares. Koresh didn't bomb anyone or try to kill innocent people running a marathon.

Seems his mom doesn't want him here, seems the right thing to do is return him to his mother and let her deal with him.
According to government reports, Koresh was a child molester and amassing a huge arsenal to do God knows what with. Apparently, he and his followers were dangerous enough to be attacked and burned alive.

Regardless of how anyone feels about the outcome of the Branch Davidian drama, Koresh was probably a seriously whacked individual and was definitely not loved by most people in the state of Texas. But many people across the nation did believe what happened on that compound was tragic and mishandled by government officials. The coroner's office and government officials were just as concerned that people who were opposed to the government would seek out the Koresh grave site and make it some sort of anti government symbol or rallying point for protests - much as the officials are now worried about the reaction to the grave site of the Boston bomber.

As for returning that punk to his mother - I'm fine with that, as long as we the tax payers do not have to foot the bill. Let her family or Russia pay for the return.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 AM

Koresh could have just come out and no one would have died. His refusal was the direct cause of all deaths that occurred there.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
Indeed. Not everyone in his family was involved or even aware of his intended actions. Why should they have to pay the price for them?
Because families pay to have their loved ones buried, and if they want them to be returned to another country, they pay for that as well. If they don't have the money, then the person should be buried quietly in what is known as a pauper's grave - many people are buried in that manner in every country in the world.

As long as we the tax payers don't have to pay for his transport back to Mommy Dearest, I don't care where he's buried. I say stick him in the ground quietly somewhere in an unmarked grave and be done with it. He and his family have cost us too much money - and too much blood - as it is.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Dispose of the body and forward the bill to his parents.
Good luck collecting on that tab!

Old 05-07-2013, 06:03 AM

Hey, I'm all for paying the freight costs just to get the vermin off our territory. We paid to ship jihadis off to foreign prisons under Bush. Why should we do less for dead jihadis? But get the cheap rate from DHL, OK? No overnight delivery or something absurd like that.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Hey, I'm all for paying the freight costs just to get the vermin off our territory. We paid to ship jihadis off to foreign prisons under Bush. Why should we do less for dead jihadis? But get the cheap rate from DHL, OK? No overnight delivery or something absurd like that.
Well, you have a point. Cheapest rate possible. Pine coffin. Freeze dry him beforehand so he doesn't start stinking on the way over.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, you have a point. Cheapest rate possible. Pine coffin. Freeze dry him beforehand so he doesn't start stinking on the way over.
I was thinking corrugated cardboard like all the rest of the freight. Wood adds to the weight and therefore the cost. And bubble wrap. Don't want the carcass moving around and possibly damaging valuable packages near it. And after they bury Tamerlan, the kids have something to play with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies